Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Head light (balanced weight) 5 ply blades?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Head light (balanced weight) 5 ply blades?
    Posted: 02/13/2019 at 1:16pm
Hi guys

I don't like much head heavy blades because I find it compromises a bit manueverability close to the table. I feel a bit uncomfortable with it.
Then I was wondering what were the blades that felt the lightests (5 ply blades, all wood, no balsa) when playing.

Rubber weight affects the overall balance of the setup, but here I want to focus on blades. 
Weight of rubbers are not much difficult to find out because is something that can be measured. Blade balance is a bit more complicated...you don't have numbers to rely. 

So the question is:

Which 5 ply blades have you played that felt lighter than the actual weight may suggest?
Do you know one that stands out from the rest?
If you have experience with more than one, it would be interesting if you could make personal ranking too. It would be useful to get a better idea of how much "balanced" one blade is compared to other. Since we don't have any numbers to compare, a ranking could be very ilustrative.

Thank you very much
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic