Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MX-P 50-degrees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:52am
MX-P 50 has nothing in common with Hurricane 3, absolutely.

Tibhar K1/K2 is hybrid chinese style rubber from Tibhar that has.
Sponsored Links

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 10:44pm
Anyone else tried it recently?
Here is a nice review with english subtitles .. the person reviewing the rubber has an okay technique.. he is probably 2100 on a good day, we should all listen to his feedback Wink  

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Here is a nice review with english subtitles .. the person reviewing the rubber has an okay technique.. he is probably 2100 on a good day, we should all listen to his feedback Wink  

thanks for the find - you were kidding about the 2100 right, LOL, he is at least 2150
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 1:39am
I can tell just by the sound of it that I wouldn't like it. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
psongjh View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psongjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 12:59pm

I hope you're joking about 2100... That's not very nice to joke about the first ever Olympic gold medalist in table tennis (and current Korean national coach)...

Edited by psongjh - 05/11/2019 at 1:06pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by psongjh psongjh wrote:

I hope you're joking about 2100... That's not very nice to joke about the first ever Olympic gold medalist in table tennis (and current Korean national coach)...

Your feedback on this rubber is extremely helpful. Thanks for posting. And thanks for clarifying on the  Olympic gold medalist part. Because the translator said the same thing @0:23 and you know I was still not 100% certain LOL 
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 1:56pm
Tibhar Evolution MX-P 52.5° and MX-S 52.5° are also readily available.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 3:51pm

Your feedback on this rubber is extremely helpful. Thanks for posting. And thanks for clarifying on the  Olympic gold medalist part. Because the translator said the same thing @0:23 and you know I was still not 100% certain LOL 
so you were serious.  you could easily find the dude's Olympic gold medal match on youtube
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 4:15pm
Can anyone comment on durability yet?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 6:37pm
I have played 25 hours with mine and so far it is as good as new.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

It should have the topsheet of the original MXP..  does it look like it is different?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

so you were serious.  you could easily find the dude's Olympic gold medal match on youtube

No i was NOT serious. gosh... it's so obvious. and the video says it too.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 11:04am

It should have the topsheet of the original MXP..  does it look like it is different?

Also, another question, did mxp50 lose any booster effect after 25 hours? People claim mxp comes boosted from the factory.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 1:01pm
I have not noticed any drop in performance but it is too early to tell. I will report back later. So far I like it very much and now I am using the Hard on both sides. As to the topsheet, I have never examined it.

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 05/12/2019 at 1:02pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 8:32pm

I have not noticed any drop in performance but it is too early to tell. I will report back later. So far I like it very much and now I am using the Hard on both sides. As to the topsheet, I have never examined it.

Keep us posted...  I will likely purchase one to test once I use up a couple of leftover sheets of regular mxp.
psongjh View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote psongjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 9:23am

Ah, my apologies for not catching the humor. I didn’t realize the video introduced his background. Being a native Korean, I sorta skipped the intro and jumped to the review. That said, my MX-P 50 sheet is on its way and hope to try it out soon. Not sure how useful my feedback would be, though.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 9:41am
will put in my two cents soon, mounted my sheet yesterday when I had 30 minutes to burn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 12:05pm
keep them coming guys... If anyone can compare to the original MXP, it would be super helpful.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 10:19am
haven't played MXP for quite a while, I might still have a sheet or 2 mounted -will see.  by itself -on a H301-you definitly have to fully engage the sponge to get speed, spin and power otherwise you might dump the ball into the net on a loop drive and lack of power (ball bouncing off rubber before power can be transferred to ball) on flat hits.  Probably less bouncy than the regular but is still somewhat bouncy, more than T05H and H3 (39).  Initial impression, good rubber but a bit harder to play than the regular.  I like the feel of Xiom OAV better, but that might change after break in .
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 9:19am
I tryed mxp50 on forehand for few weeks. Compared to normal mxp, the mxp50 has lower throw and more aggressive trajectory, perfect for new balls. Flat hits are incredibly good and easier, forehand flip too. Spin seems the same to me. Opening loops are not very easy, it’s better if you catch the ball over the table, if the ball during the loop comes down the net line it’s hard to bring up the ball. You must be well placed in every top spin, the rubber is not forgiving at all. In 3 weeks I couldn’t manage to play with mxp50 very good, so I came back to normal mxp, maybe I’ll try again the mxp50 this summer. It’s not easy to handle imo if you are not used to play with 50º+ rubbers
psongjh View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote psongjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2019 at 12:25pm
So it's been about a week testing out MX-P 50 on my TSP Special Dynam 10.5 jpen. Both my friend (who also was trying out the MX-P 50) and I had a huge grin on our faces when warming up just because of the sheer ease at looping and blocking. This rubber is a looping machine, and the distinct *clicks* we heard from the rubber from effortless swings were refreshing. Smashes catapulted like a bullet, too. As far as spin goes, it felt similar to regular MX-Ps. But lifting underspin with a flick felt much easier as I felt the rubber eating up spin upon contact. The downside of this rubber is probably control - since the dwell time on the rubber is less than regular MX-Ps, I felt that short games needed more time to adjust, and precise placement took more effort. So far, I'm liking the rubber a lot more than the T05 that I was using on my blade, but I'll need more play time to compare against regular MX-P (that I used to have on my Darker Speed 90 jpen).
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2019 at 10:55am
Anymore comments on how the durability is? 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2019 at 8:08am
I have worn down my first sheet, it took about 45 hours of hard looping. It seems that it can take a bit more physical wear than its regular counterpart, perhaps owing to the harder sponge.  I noticed the first signs of the factory booster wearing off at about 35 hours into using it. After the mentionned 45 hours it was still usable but only for drilling not for match play, where it played like a brick. No boosting could put life back in it.

Another negative is the other sheet I have got which died much sooner and I do not know why.

There is an unused black sheet in my drawer but I will not be using it before September.

To summarize my thoughts on the MXP Hard based on two sheets, I think it lasts a little bit more than the regular but not by much. Although it has some very good qualities that may make it a better option for a lot of people than the regular, I do not see anyone getting good performance out of it for more than a month.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 4:20am
I just got a new tt shop catalogue and they claim that this MX-P 50 has a finer pored sponge compared to regular version. Hope this helps someone.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 3:08pm

I have worn down my first sheet, it took about 45 hours of hard looping. It seems that it can take a bit more physical wear than its regular counterpart, perhaps owing to the harder sponge.  I noticed the first signs of the factory booster wearing off at about 35 hours into using it. After the mentionned 45 hours it was still usable but only for drilling not for match play, where it played like a brick. No boosting could put life back in it.

Another negative is the other sheet I have got which died much sooner and I do not know why.

There is an unused black sheet in my drawer but I will not be using it before September.

To summarize my thoughts on the MXP Hard based on two sheets, I think it lasts a little bit more than the regular but not by much. Although it has some very good qualities that may make it a better option for a lot of people than the regular, I do not see anyone getting good performance out of it for more than a month.
Thats disappointing... 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 6:12pm
I have mounted a brand new sheet onto a Gewo Robles OFF-. This time there are no problems with the rubber, it performs perfectly out of the package. I am pretty sure that this is going to be my forehand rubber for a long time in spite of the longevity.

Curiosity did not let me rest and I got me a sheet of Gewo Nexxus EL Pro Hard 53 to compare the two rubber. So far I have practised approximately 8 hours with the Robles blade, on one side the MXP 50 and the Nexxus on the other.

In spite of the nominal hardness of 53, the Nexxus only feels slightly denser / harder than MXP50. To my surprise I found that the MXP50 is faster and easier to get the most out of it on fast loops. The Nexxus is very good too but  it is not as aggressive as the MXP. The main difference between the two is how they grab the ball, the Nexxus is clearly more forgiving.

I really hate to make a distinction between forehand and backhand rubbers and I always say that there is no scuh thing as FH rubbers and BH rubbers but this time I must say  the Nexxus is clearly better on the BH for those players who are able to produce relatively fast backhand loops but do not go Kreanga style. It can be good on the FH too but I guess the higher the level the more people will choose the MXP Hard.

Does anyone know if the MXP 52.5 is out yet?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

Have you guys tried older cheaper rubbers like MarkV...imho they're great again with these newer balls.

Unless Yasaka reformulated the topsheet and sponge, Mark V neither has the sharp spin nor the speed that it had with celluloid.

Is there a specific plastic ball that you think pairs well with the Mark V topsheet?
(different plastic balls are made from different plastics, like the XuShaoFa vs DHS D40+)

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 9:05am

Does anyone know if the MXP 52.5 is out yet?

This one is called MX-K which was developed for the Korean market and has nothing in common with the MX-P 50. They choose the name for marketing reasons. It's a totally different rubber. I had a nice conversation with Tibhar in this regard. If you're interested please leave me a private message.

Edited by mischasln - 07/17/2019 at 9:08am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 12:54pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

MX-P 52.5:

MX-S 52.5:

Neither they accept PayPal or credit card nor do they ship overseas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic