FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Amicus Prime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Amicus Prime
    Posted: 04/09/2019 at 12:41am
Has anyone practiced/used an Amicus Prime? I'm wondering if its worth the investment over the Newgy 2055. 

Any insight would be appreciated
Sponsored Links

kevinjames View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 1:08pm
Depends on what're your requirements.

Newgy 2055 comes with one throw wheel and thus spin and speed won't be that strong. And it won't be able to throw no-spin balls. For producing side spin you would need to manually rotate the head. 

The positive are, the pre-programmed drills are good, auto-recycle, ball placement is very accurate and ball jamming is more or less fixed.

If you're looking for a robot to practice basic footwork and strokes, it would serve you well. Its well worth the price. 

Butterfly amicus is whole new level. I personally have an expert and its one heck of a machine. The downside of the product is, well you can not know where the ball will be placed. As it uses the deflector system instead of whole head moving mechanism, you would be quite pressed to know which direction the ball is coming. But there is a huge benefit of this feature as well. The lag between consecutive balls is minimum and you can do some serious practice on this machine. 

Moreover it has three wheels which can produce insane amount of speed and spin. And it can produce side spins.

Expert retails for about $1800. If you've the budget go for Amicus expert. Alternatively you can also try TenniRobo. Its a new robot currently on sale and costs about 1/3rd of amicus. But reliability of the product is questionable because its mainly one man show. I have ordered it as well, yet to receive. Will post my feedback soon.

There are not much resource about table tennos bots online. This link may help you with your research:
https://pingpongbros.com/review/best-table-tennis-robots/

Edited by kevinjames - 04/15/2019 at 2:01am
Koki Niwa Fan, Mid distance Chopper
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 5:52am
Originally posted by kevinjames kevinjames wrote:

Alternatively you can also try TenniRobo. Its a new robot currently on sale and costs about 1/3rd of amicus. But reliability of the product is questionable because its mainly one man show. I have ordered it as well, yet to receive. Will post my feedback soon.

yes, definitely do !
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:39am
Originally posted by kevinjames kevinjames wrote:

Depends on what're your requirements.

Newgy 2055 comes with one throw wheel and thus spin and speed won't be that strong. And it won't be able to throw no-spin balls. For producing side spin you would need to manually rotate the head. 

The positive are, the pre-programmed drills are good, auto-recycle, ball placement is very accurate and ball jamming is more or less fixed.

If you're looking for a robot to practice basic footwork and strokes, it would serve you well. Its well worth the price. 

Butterfly amicus is whole new level. I personally have an expert and its one heck of a machine. The downside of the product is, well you can not know where the ball will be placed. As it uses the deflector system instead of whole head moving mechanism, you would be quite pressed to know which direction the ball is coming. But there is a huge benefit of this feature as well. The lag between consecutive balls is minimum and you can do some serious practice on this machine. 

Moreover it has three wheels which can produce insane amount of speed and spin. And it can produce side spins.

Expert retails for about $1800. If you've the budget go for Amicus expert. Alternatively you can also try TenniRobo. Its a new robot currently on sale and costs about 1/3rd of amicus. But reliability of the product is questionable because its mainly one man show. I have ordered it as well, yet to receive. Will post my feedback soon.

There are not much resource about table tennos bots online. This link may help you with your research:
https://pingpongbros.com/review/best-table-tennis-robots/

Great feedback. If I'm going the Amicus route, I'll buy the top of the line model, the Prime. $400 difference at that point doesn't make THAT much difference (obviously its very expensive)
Victor_vct View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_vct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2022 at 5:13pm
Hello! I see you know a lot about Amicus robot, i also have one and i have a problem with it: every 5-6 shots it will throw 2 balls at once and i cant seem to find the cause. Can you please help me? It is very hard to practice like this. Thank you
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2022 at 9:34pm
PowerPong Omega and Amicus Prime are made in the same factory, and are 99.9% identical.

Just get whichever one's cheaper. Both have their own app, which is the main point of difference. I even used the Amicus instructions for setting up, as they had a better video angle!

No jamming or other issues for me, just here in NZ there was a $450USD difference.

That aside, top of the line robots are exceptional for improving your game. What they offer you is significantly more than Newgy's offering with its 1 wheel or w/e. The app functionality also just makes it seamless - well worth the additional cost.

Edited by Basquests - 05/28/2022 at 9:37pm
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2022 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Victor_vct Victor_vct wrote:

Hello! I see you know a lot about Amicus robot, i also have one and i have a problem with it: every 5-6 shots it will throw 2 balls at once and i cant seem to find the cause. Can you please help me? It is very hard to practice like this. Thank you

First thing to check is are all the balls 40+ I have seen how 40mm balls can cause problems
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
maur1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maur1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2022 at 10:54pm
I have used the TenniRobo for ages. I love it. I posted a review below. Only issue is that it is made in Ukraine and that is a war zone. Contact the owner about availability. I have had excellent customer service.

Level one qualified coach
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2022 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Victor_vct Victor_vct wrote:

I think that your problem is that one of the "fins" that scoops the balls out of the tray and up into the feed is broken.  My robot did the same thing and when I glued the fin back on, no more double balls.  Let me know if this works
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic