Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscaria- ORIGINAL OR FAKE? HELP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria- ORIGINAL OR FAKE? HELP.
    Posted: 04/11/2019 at 9:28am
I have uploaded some photos of a blade here. Can Anyone help me with the authenticity of this blade? Is it real or fake? To me, bty logo seems suspicious, but I need advise from acknowledged ones.

Thanks in advance. Here are the uploaded links of the blade:

Edited by Sinek - 04/11/2019 at 10:06am
Main:
   Blade: BTY M Maze AN
   FH:    Tenergy 05
   BH:    Fastarc G-1

Sponsored Links

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Sinek Sinek wrote:

I have uploaded some photos of a blade here. Can Anyone help me with the authenticity of this blade? Is it real or fake? To me, bty logo seems suspicious, but I need advise from acknowledged ones.

Thanks in advance. Here are the uploaded links of the blade:

That looks like the old butterfly logo to me. Why does that look suspicious to you? Any specific thing that concerns you in the logo? 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 10:05am
its like there is a little fattened part(or a bump maybe?) at one of the butterfly's wings' lower part; silver tag at the bottom of the handle. And it is actually on one of the 2nd hand sale platforms on the web, overall suspicious coming from there actually Embarrassed
Main:

Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 12:59pm
Also from the front view; 
Main:

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 2:54pm
just look at the writings on the face of the blade when u remove rubbers. If tou can post a photo i will tell you
Ingo_Ger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo_Ger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 2:55pm
The serial number looks highly suspicious to me. Also the colour of the handle looks a little different. (Colour might be also due to wrong  white balance)
Font of the serial number does not look like the one I have.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 3:26pm
The wings look wrong, but it could be caused by distortion created by camera angle.  If you have access to the real one (from other people at the club) you can compare side by side to see.  The fake one (or from your picture) the wings is longer (come down to the lower part of the handle).  You can even look at the picture from butterlyonline and compare it to your blade.

Edited by mhnh007 - 04/11/2019 at 3:30pm
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 3:31pm
Definitely a fake.

There are many old fake BTY blades starting with M789456...

Edited by kindof99 - 04/11/2019 at 3:31pm
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 3:39pm
TAKE SOMEONE ELSES VISCARIA (EVERYBODY PLAYS WITH ONE LOL)
AND COMPRAE EVERYTHING ON IT, THICKNESS, WOOD COMPOSTITION, FONT, LOGO WINGS, IF U CAN BOUNCE THE BALL ON BOTH WOODS THEY SHOULD HAVE ALMOST IDENTICAL FEEL PITCH...
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 3:40pm

CONTACT BUTTERFLY AND HAVE THEM CHECK THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR U... I THINK THYE CAN DO THAT...

Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 4:32pm
Thank you all for the replies guys, that was quick. Going to try them out! 
Main:

bandadacota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandadacota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 12:28am
M789456KL02....it was on ebay few days ago......it is fake....fake viscaria alway have spelling errors...just check the word "Flexibility"  instead of "L I"  fake one spell "FlexibiUty"  
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 1:25am
Also, if you look closer at the bh lens, you'll see Butterfly is spelled Butefly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic