Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Help, I think my Viscaria is fake?!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, I think my Viscaria is fake?!!
    Posted: 04/14/2019 at 3:06am
I bought this used and I think it might be fake. Can you guys see if there are any tell tail signs of a fake here? I'm really concerned because it was quite cheap so I'm starting to think it is fake, but I'm not sure how to tell a genuine one from a fake.

Album is below, sorry about the crappy phone photos! 

Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 3:23am
Looks genuine to me.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Ingo_Ger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo_Ger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 3:30am
Picture of the serial number would be the last bit of info I would need.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 4:15am
As far as I know there aren't any fakes with the new hologram lense. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 4:26am
Ah I don't trust myself to glue the rubber back on, so I don't think I can get a photo of the serial until I change the rubbers.

I guess this one might be OK, then.

Still worried because it was really cheap, but if nothing stands out, may e it's real or just a good fake. 
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 5:51am
looks real to me, should have seen the front to be 100% shure but it looks just like mine. Smile
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 6:56am
The serial number is just to the right of the handle on the forehand side, you'll only have to lift the rubber label a bit to be able to see it. Probably does not help though, and it does look genuine, so perhaps just count yourself lucky. Thumbs Up
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 9:21am
Real. No fake for the hologram handle ones yet.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 4:32pm
100% real
Thuro_Wexston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuro_Wexston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 9:19pm
Viscaria is a fantastic blade with arylate for vibration damping and carbon for speed , power and larger sweet spot.

But imagine Butterfly using the same design for a large-head but with only carbon & arylate on offensive side but with high isolation middle layers and high vibration and top-spin deadening layers on defensive sides.

But as I said in another thread Butterfly probably has little time to waste on small chopper market investigating this design while they can spend their time for larger glue-sucking booster market blade designs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 8:14am
I have a sanwei two face which is pretty much what you describe. Wasn't too expensive. It just collects dust, though  

Re-impact make two speed blades also... But they're exxy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic