Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World's Best Table Tennis Robot vs TableTennisDail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

World's Best Table Tennis Robot vs TableTennisDail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World's Best Table Tennis Robot vs TableTennisDail
    Posted: 04/16/2019 at 9:08am
I hope I am not doing anything sacrilegious, but couldn't stop myself from sharing, cause it's crazy (and spooky) :

Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

I hope I am not doing anything sacrilegious, but couldn't stop myself from sharing, cause it's crazy (and spooky) :

It's probably gonna spank a pro in 5-10 yrs time just by brute force pinpoint accuracy returns of every single shot when it can read the ball flight and spin perfectly accurately...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 9:55am
Wow, not long ago someone made a fake video of a robot that was roughly this good and now technology has all but caught up. Amazing.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Wow, not long ago someone made a fake video of a robot that was roughly this good and now technology has all but caught up. Amazing.

Yeah machine learning is the newest big thing, it's not surprising that they will beat us in table tennis, considering that they have already beaten us in chess, go and now even DOTA and possibly Starcraft....

But, I would be incredibly impressed if a humanoid robot equipped with machine learning could play table tennis! I'm kinda sure it will happen within my lifetime...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 10:49am
By the way how cool is the net?!!
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

By the way how cool is the net?!!

The net is just a display.

Also it is solid because the net introduces what I suspect to be too much randomness in the event of net balls. A net ball would require another recognition, calculation and movement and the robot obviously can't do that.

On another note the perfect robot would just hit edge and net balls vs humans. Well... 'perfect'. 
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Yeah machine learning is the newest big thing, it's not surprising that they will beat us in table tennis, considering that they have already beaten us in chess, go and now even DOTA and possibly Starcraft....

But, I would be incredibly impressed if a humanoid robot equipped with machine learning could play table tennis! I'm kinda sure it will happen within my lifetime...

The machine learning part for that is easy. The robotics is less easy. That is if by humanoid you mean a proper upstanding human looking robot and not just an arm connected by levers and motors.

You forgot atari. My issue with openai Dota is that their network receives an actual string of all inputs from opponents and allies as opposed to video recognition of the viewable pixels like a human would do it.

Edited by purpletiesto - 04/16/2019 at 12:24pm
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 11:31am
Just saw this.  Skynet is coming!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic