Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FX-P alternative?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FX-P alternative?
    Posted: 04/19/2019 at 12:56pm
Hi,

I currently use FX-P as my BH rubber on a Korbel and I really like how easy it is to open up against backspin and the really high spinny loops I can do with it. However, it just doesn't last and I cant afford to keep changing it every couple of months.

Can anyone recommend any rubbers that are similar to FX-P so can produce really high spin loops, easy to lift backspin, is good at blocking and doesn't feel too soft and mushy, but lasts much longer, preferably one whole season or at least half a season?

I am considering Nittaku Fastarc C-1, has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SpinLord - 04/19/2019 at 1:00pm
Sponsored Links

obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 2:00pm
any of the tenergy fx series 
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 2:46pm
Try rakza7/soft or Vega pro
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by SpinLord SpinLord wrote:

Hi,

I currently use FX-P as my BH rubber on a Korbel and I really like how easy it is to open up against backspin and the really high spinny loops I can do with it. However, it just doesn't last and I cant afford to keep changing it every couple of months.

Can anyone recommend any rubbers that are similar to FX-P so can produce really high spin loops, easy to lift backspin, is good at blocking and doesn't feel too soft and mushy, but lasts much longer, preferably one whole season or at least half a season?

I am considering Nittaku Fastarc C-1, has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance!

C1 is not very soft but is worth trying. It may feel too hard for you though.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:24pm
You can try Aurus Select, they last way longer
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

any of the tenergy fx series 
I would prefer a cheaper alternative to the tenergy series.
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by serr serr wrote:

Try rakza7/soft or Vega pro

What is the durability of Rakza 7 soft like?

Also wouldn't Rakza 7 (not soft) and vega pro be too hard?
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

C1 is not very soft but is worth trying. It may feel too hard for you though.

I don't mind using a harder rubber as long as it doesn't feel rock hard, I have tried Xiom Omega V Europe and that felt nice on BH but not spinny enough compared to FX-p.

How spinny is C-1 and is it much harder than FX-P?
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

You can try Aurus Select, they last way longer

What is the spin like, compared to FX-P? Also does it feel much harder?
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 5:22pm
It has the same level of spin, just a little bit harder, softer than el-p
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 5:31pm

It has the same level of spin, just a little bit harder, softer than el-p
What is the speed like compared to FX-P and blocking? Also is it easy to lift heavy backspin with? Also how long does it last?

Edited by SpinLord - 04/19/2019 at 5:32pm
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 5:53pm
They're about the same speed, perhaps Select is a bit faster and FX-P is a little better for fast blocking.
Select lasts at leat 4 months with pretty much the same characteristics (I've used both at backhand)
I like them both not at max thickness, ie., I prefer Select at 2,1mm or 1,9mm and FX-P at 1,9mm
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 6:24pm

They're about the same speed, perhaps Select is a bit faster and FX-P is a little better for fast blocking.
Select lasts at leat 4 months with pretty much the same characteristics (I've used both at backhand)
I like them both not at max thickness, ie., I prefer Select at 2,1mm or 1,9mm and FX-P at 1,9mm

That's great, thanks for your help! Sounds just like what I am looking for. I am the same I use FX-P at 1.9mm. So Select blocks just as well as FX-P and it is just as easy to lift backspin?
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 6:39am
Yes, but it is perhaps just a little bit harder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic