Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ITTF new changes -- will we use metal blade ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITTF new changes -- will we use metal blade ?
    Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:11pm

Sponsored Links

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 4:12pm
In the near future will we use all metal blade?

Edited by lgxb - 04/19/2019 at 4:12pm
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 9:38pm
Wonder if the preparatory phase is 3 months?

New Blades ?  Anybody know what these new materials are?

I am ahead of the curve I guess, Ive been making blades of new materials for 5 years now.
Looking to make a deal on forward looking blade designs
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 10:22pm
if I had to guess it will be 100% composite blades like pickleball

Edited by jpenmaster - 04/20/2019 at 10:23pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2019 at 3:17am
It will be necessary to use metal blade because ball manufacturers need more $.

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2019 at 7:02am
Probably BTY already has a prototype of fiber carbon / kevlar named BTY Pro Staff, and will release it for only $450.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 4:09am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Probably BTY already has a prototype of fiber carbon / kevlar named BTY Pro Staff, and will release it for only $450.

Butterfly will sell blades designed for lefties
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 7:08pm
I Believe Killerspin has had a full kevlar type blade for a few years.
I don't buy Killerspin though.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 3:52pm
I am frankly sick and tired of changing the rules all the frigging time. Especially when it's done "just for the fun of it" as they seem to hint at in the "rubbers new colors" announcements. Do these people really, like REALLY, think that it will make TT more popular or more telegenic or more fun to have 57 different rubber colors? Red and Black have proven themselves safe in terms of being non-glossy (ie, not light-reflecting) colors which do not disturb people too much. What about color-blind and color-senstitive people? I actually know a few guys who cannot stand bright colors being used at the table - they do not like playing with orange balls (like new Nittaky Nexcel) or having the opponent wear a bright green shirt etc. But that is a relatively small concern.

Plus, the manufacturers will have another excuse to jack up the prices - "oh we had to spend money on new equipment to produce green, maroon, yellow and polka dot rubbers so we have to add 10 or 20$ more to our prices blah-blah-blah"... could be the most plausible explanation for this whole thing.

In any case I do not see the need for it and I do not know anyone at our club who does. None whatsoever, in my humble opinion. Just another proof that this rule-change stupidity is contagious - Sharara is gone but the virus is still there.

Edited by JimT - 04/24/2019 at 3:53pm
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 2:07am
Doesn't the colour in the rubber somewhat affect the properties of the rubber? Like hurricane in black ..

So does that mean that each rubber will now have 500 different properties based on colour? 

I thought it might be preferable to upload something greater than 144p PowerPoint presentations to YouTube before adding rubber colours. Those things they call videos  
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 2:45am
Why do people just assume that this rule will make manufacturers produce every rubber in every conceivable colour?

My $.02: they won't.  But we might see a return of undyed rubbers (notably higher quality in my unreliable memory of days long gone).  A return of the original, magnificent, eggplant-coloured Friendship/729, and we may see vendors using colors to reinforce branding.  A yellow Yasaka Roaring Dragon; green Andro Rasantest, a blue Donic Storm, a blue Donic Fire, a blue Donic Ice?  A golden Joola Tango?

And still I'd like to be able to use the same rubber on both wings.  In the same colour.  Only a part of that silly "one side black, one side red" limitation got lifted...

Edited by YoAss - 04/25/2019 at 2:46am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 2:58am
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

Why do people just assume that this rule will make manufacturers produce every rubber in every conceivable colour?

My $.02: they won't.  But we might see a return of undyed rubbers (notably higher quality in my unreliable memory of days long gone).  A return of the original, magnificent, eggplant-coloured Friendship/729, and we may see vendors using colors to reinforce branding.  A yellow Yasaka Roaring Dragon; green Andro Rasantest, a blue Donic Storm, a blue Donic Fire, a blue Donic Ice?  A golden Joola Tango?

And still I'd like to be able to use the same rubber on both wings.  In the same colour.  Only a part of that silly "one side black, one side red" limitation got lifted...

Rofl I'm gonna get myself a blue-red combo LOL
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 3:41am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Not allowed.  One side black, one side "a bright colour".
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 4:03am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I am frankly sick and tired of changing the rules all the frigging time ..... Sharara is gone but the virus is still there.

Hong Kong plague of influenza. The guys cant sit still on the bench.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 10:50am

One sided penhold what color will they use ?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I am frankly sick and tired of changing the rules all the frigging time ..... Sharara is gone but the virus is still there.

Hong Kong plague of influenza. The guys cant sit still on the bench.
I vote this post of the year so far!

the mosquito carries malaria and with the butterfly comes the influential rule changer virus.

question: what is hong kong doing here?

Edited by fatt - 04/25/2019 at 11:06am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Not allowed.  One side black, one side "a bright colour".

Haha ouch... I might just settle with blue and black then!
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic