Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku Tenor with 40+ ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Tenor with 40+ ball
    Posted: 04/23/2019 at 9:18am
Hi, those who own Nittaku Tenor, I need your advice. I am thinking to try Tenor. Is Tenor consider slow / lack of power when it comes to 40+ plastic ball? Players who play with it please advise. Appreciate.
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
Sponsored Links

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2019 at 10:39am
I I played with one in the 40mm celluloid era. 
I don't think it was slow just a little bit lacking in the topend speed department. So I imagine with the 40+ plastic ball it will be even more so. But Tenor had great control and feel as all others in the instrument line of Nittaku blades. 
So I guess at the end you have to ask if you are willing to sacrifice some speed for better control? 

IMHO so many players here are happy with the likes of acoustic and violin which is even slower and the reality is that how many times are you doing a max power loop in a game anyways... 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2019 at 10:45am
I have played with Acoustic with G1 FH and Rakza 7 BH and it does not lack the power. You should be fine with Tenor. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2019 at 2:49pm
Isn't the tenor a heavy acoustic? a 92g acoustic will give you a pretty good idea of what a tenor can do. A heavy acoustic will be one of the fastest 5-ply blade so the Tenor is standing proud today with the new ball.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2019 at 6:32pm
Tenor has same blade construction as Acoustic but thicker.  Same thing as Primorac OFF-/Korbel which are the same. Acoustic should be an OFF- nowadays with new PB, which is suitable for any intermediate/advanced styles.

Every season I use to plan  to go back to Acoustic because it's unique feeling and control, really pleasant to play,  way better than my RWV, but at last I finally keep using my former RW because I hate it's thin/narrow handle and its balance (really head heavy)

Edited by jonyer1980 - 04/23/2019 at 6:35pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2019 at 8:06pm
Tenor and Acoustic have the same wood construction. Is that true?
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2019 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

yes, the core is thicker in the tenor though, not sure about outer plies.

I recall it being different, doesn't the acoustic have a unique outer ply? I recall my tenor had no uniqu wood ply 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic