Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M Maze Blade lovers, help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M Maze Blade lovers, help!!
    Posted: 04/24/2019 at 4:43am
Hello folks, I own a M Maze An which has a series no starting with J00. I am very pleased with this blade. There are people who want to buy it, but i am not sure whether i can ever find a blade that is similar to my beloved M Maze in terms of speed, softness ( or stiffness? ) and its overall speed, i mean, i can literally play both slow and fast with this piece of wood man, it is a nice blade.

As far as I know, maze has limba out ply and alc type carbon, 5+2 construction) I think total thickness is somehow thinnish, which makes the blade within acceptable speed level. 
If you guys recommend me some blades that I can compare to Maze, I would be happy. Only thing I know is Bty Freitas ALC is a kind of modified Maze I assume., I saw it once or twice in web stating this.

THank you all in advance :) 
Main:
   Blade: BTY M Maze AN
   FH:    Tenergy 05
   BH:    Fastarc G-1

Sponsored Links

Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 6:10am
I also play with Maze ALC.
I've got a Freitas which , although not exactly like my Maze, is very close. A bit flexier, a bit less "solid". 
But it plays very very similar (throw, speed), and has a little softer touch.

So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Freitas to replace a Maze.

However, every blade is different, and every blade changes as it is useda dn as it ages. Don't expect to find a perfect replacement, whatever you try.
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 10:40am
Very interesting, fellow Maze user, that mine is also anatomic J00 series. We have twin blades!LOL

I set aside my Maze for several months to play with ZJK ALC AN. They are the same speed. Not the same feeling, but it is very pleasant. It feels deeper in the blade on contact and more palm feeling, rather than the fingertips feeling on the Maze.

I have anatomical Freitas coming to me in the mail, so I will know more about this blade soon.

Hope this helps!
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
Mkeats View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mkeats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 11:47am
I also play a Maze and the closest thing that I have ever tried and still use from time to time is a Tibhar VS Unlimited. Very, very similar to the Maze I have, just a bit faster.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Sinek Sinek wrote:

Hello folks, I own a M Maze An which has a series no starting with J00. I am very pleased with this blade. There are people who want to buy it, but i am not sure whether i can ever find a blade that is similar to my beloved M Maze in terms of speed, softness ( or stiffness? ) and its overall speed, i mean, i can literally play both slow and fast with this piece of wood man, it is a nice blade.

As far as I know, maze has limba out ply and alc type carbon, 5+2 construction) I think total thickness is somehow thinnish, which makes the blade within acceptable speed level. 
If you guys recommend me some blades that I can compare to Maze, I would be happy. Only thing I know is Bty Freitas ALC is a kind of modified Maze I assume., I saw it once or twice in web stating this.

THank you all in advance :) 
Why would you want to sell and buy a similar blade?
Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 5:08pm
I don't particularly want to sell it, there's been some requests lately, and I am starting to think that what if I change my blade, would it be any better?
Generally speaking, there's been some of changes in TT, ball size etc. And I want to believe that today's technology would let the blades be better, so a near feel with maze with an up to dated blade can be tried for once or twice for a while IMHO. 
Main:

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2019 at 6:53pm
I don't think there's an ultimate technology today that makes better blades, just look at Viscaria that was introduced back in 90's and still a great blade and used by many pro players..

If you like your Maze, keep it and try to find a good back up blade.. Other than this, it's just an EJ bug around you LOL
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 5:52am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Other than this, it's just an EJ bug around you LOL
Yes, this is the scary part, but I cant keep it :). Already had an acoustic lg for the sake of using all wood to slow down the blade speed, but its not what i used to,maze. I'm just craving for Ej'ing I guess. Don't know if i can keep myself or go for some other optionsBig smile

One question though, is limba that soft comparing to koto? for many years, i am used to hit the balls with this cracking sound,using chinese rubbers. Now real thing in fact is to find a limba outer ply blade that is closer to Maze, and than try someone's koto outer ply to find out whether I find it easier to get this cracking sound.  I always tend to believe that softer outer ply like limba is good for that curved spins, but lately i've been thinking that what if I tricked myself into fault, because i already can spin the ball where ever and however I want. Maybe a koto hardish feeling, or a harder limba outer ply construction can do the crack sound with a more solid feel on hand. 

Edited by Sinek - 04/25/2019 at 6:02am
Main:

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 7:49pm
Ive got a Maze Silver Tag Ill sell you.
Decent condition
Decent Price
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 8:07pm
As one mmaze fan to another, here are my 2 cents:

Limba vs Koto
Limba feels noticeably softer than koto. Despite its popularity I didn't really like Viscaria because I found it so much less forgiving than the Maze. Great if you have perfect technique but too hot for me to handles. The BH on Viscaria is a thing of beauty though. It just clicks!

Maze vs Freitas
I own both of these blades and as mentioned they are quite similar in anatomy and every individual blade is different. I think they play close enough that I could freely switch between the two and it wouldn't matter. I actually like my Freitas better than Maze because it feels more solid. Better for flat hits and just as good for looping. This is obv a tiny sample size and probably carries no weight, however. Maze is allegedly a few mm thinner so carries more flex but I think any "noticeable difference" in this dept is more mental than anything at an amateur level. Given the direction the game is heading, a bit more thickness probably helps.

Tl;dr
I think Maze is more forgiving and just as good as Viscaria
If you like Maze you can't go wrong with Freitas
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 8:32am
I said I would update, so here are my thoughts on the Freitas ALC! Been playing with it for 3 weeks now and I love it!

I want to call it the Maze 2.0. Not the same exact blade though. they different compositions.  I believe BTY wanted to have a blade made for the new ball.

I think they took what was great about the ZJK and Maze and combined them together to get the Freitas. Limba outer and Kiri core.

It just so happened to be that my Maze and ZJK are the same speed and frequency 1471 and 1470 Hz respectively. My Freitas is at 1483 Hz which also feels a tiny bit faster.

My goal now is to get a Jun Mizutani blade, because I also heard it is really close to the Maze and should be a notch faster too Thumbs Up

My inbox is open too, if anyone has any questions
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 11:56am
Andro Treiber CO is a Maze clone afaik.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 12:11pm
Andro Treiber CI is very nice, why not try CO?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 2:24pm
What about donic crest off?
It's one thin layer of zl and one thin layer of carbon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic