Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying Ma Long's forehand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying Ma Long's forehand
    Posted: 05/04/2019 at 3:54pm
I think Ma Long's forehand is very explosive and I'd like to learn it. Here's a photo of my latest effort, but there are some issues. It took slightly over a minute for me to recover and get back into position - I need to shave about a minute off that. I also split my shorts.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
Sponsored Links

Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I think Ma Long's forehand is very explosive and I'd like to learn it. Here's a photo of my latest effort, but there are some issues. It took slightly over a minute for me to recover and get back into position - I need to shave about a minute off that. I also split my shorts.

Totally identical!
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 5:40pm
I have to disagree.  Looks to me like you are using lumbar rotation only instead of hip and thoracic rotation.

Soon you will have all the best shots of all the best CNT and then you will be unbeatable.

Mark 

chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 7:32pm
great trial. Admire your courage. Splitting the shorts is a very small price to pay to learn ML’s forehand. You would probably have split your vertebrates had you rotated your torso as ML does. Seriously, your photo made my day! 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 7:54pm
Total POWER!!! Not quite as good looking posture as the GOAT but close enough! Keep splitting up those shorts. We all rooting for you.。。加油!!!

Edited by hleett - 05/04/2019 at 8:01pm
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 7:56pm
now it's the sameTongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       LIEBHERR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

great trial. Admire your courage. Splitting the shorts is a very small price to pay to learn ML’s forehand. You would probably have split your vertebrates had you rotated your torso as ML does. Seriously, your photo made my day! 

Hahahahah split vertebrae! LOLLOLLOL 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 8:51pm
Photo modified.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 10:23pm
Lol
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 12:37am
i think it is better to study the forehand he use all the time. How often Do you Do a step in? Not so often compared to the regular forehand loop i think. Now you study the footwork more than the stroke i believe. 
infinite_loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infinite_loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 2:18am
Which side is you, and which side is Ma Long? Please tag the photos, otherwise forum members may mix it up.

Edited by infinite_loop - 05/05/2019 at 2:23am
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 7:20am
Don’t worry about recovering time. Like MMA, if your hand touches the ground, to help you get up, it’s a let.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2019 at 2:43pm
Pretty close...

Your rubber does not look boosted enough.

FdT
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2019 at 3:50pm
No one is more explosive than Heavyspin! 
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

I have to disagree.  Looks to me like you are using lumbar rotation only instead of hip and thoracic rotation.

Soon you will have all the best shots of all the best CNT and then you will be unbeatable.

Mark 

I hope to master each of these shots, in order of increasing difficulty.

Ma Lin's ghost serve - check
Ma Long's forehand - in progress
Liang Jingkun's fast serves
Fan Zhendong's over the table backhand flick
Ding Ning's reverse tomahawk serve
Xu Xin's off the table rpb hook shot
Rich DeWitt's underspin backhand drive

Edited by heavyspin - 05/07/2019 at 1:24pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2019 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark 

I hope to master each of these shots, in order of increasing difficulty.

Ma Lin's ghost serve - check
Ma Long's forehand - in progress
Liang Jingkun's fast serves
Fan Zhendong's over the table backhand flick
Ding Ning's reverse tomahawk serve
Xu Xin's off the table rpb hook shot
Rich DeWitt's underspin backhand drive

doubt you will be able to master the last technique.LOL
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2019 at 3:28pm
"No one is more explosive than Heavyspin!

Hmmm....broccoli and milk give me gas too.....

FdT
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 3:54pm
I would add Kreangas backhand off the table, samsonov serve toss, schlager counter, timo boll hand switch, lin gayuan haircut, calderanot serve receive stance/posture and racket movement when serving LOL Waldner touch for double bounce, ma lin's swaddling of a racket for extra air towards his face to cool down lol
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 7:25pm
Rule 52.

LOL

Edited by Baal - 10/22/2019 at 7:26pm
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 4:23am

For the love of God. Stop, and fellow forum members don't encourage him. He is going to injure urself, snap a tendon or something if you try that sh*t with no formal training. I got a chronic shoulder injury trying that shit 1.5 years back. I'm 26, extremely fit, probably 150lb lighter bsck then. This is no joke. 

You swinging a 300lb body like that can easily result in torn acl, ankle issues, knee issues, achillis, back, shoulder, neck. What happen if u do that while the floor is wet and you fall? 

Edited by hunkeelin - 10/28/2019 at 4:25am
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 12:15pm
I can't tell if you have a sense of humor or no sense of humor..
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

For the love of God. Stop, and fellow forum members don't encourage him. He is going to injure urself, snap a tendon or something if you try that sh*t with no formal training. I got a chronic shoulder injury trying that shit 1.5 years back. I'm 26, extremely fit, probably 150lb lighter bsck then. This is no joke. 

You swinging a 300lb body like that can easily result in torn acl, ankle issues, knee issues, achillis, back, shoulder, neck. What happen if u do that while the floor is wet and you fall? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic