FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spinniest Rubber for Serves is _____!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

I'd say sticky and tacky are synonyms.

Sticky and Tacky mean almost the same thing; however, I would say sticky is stickier. Yet, with regard to top sheets, I think the terms Tacky (sticky) and Grippy make more sense . . .

TACKY:  I began my table tennis career playing with DHS P4. I could pick up a ball and hold it upside down indefinitely. In fact, it actually worked as flypaper . . . while in Guangdong where it's hot and humid . . . mosquitos would often get stuck to it. I needed to keep a towel nearby to wipe wipe wipe. THAT IS STICKY!!

GRIPPY:  From Mark V/Sriver to Bryce to Tenergy . . . most Euro/Jap rubbers won't catch bugs. They are more like automobile tires that have traction. They can grip, but won't hold on.

Edited by tommyzai - 05/11/2019 at 4:08pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

I'd say sticky and tacky are synonyms.

Sticky and Tacky mean almost the same thing; however, I would say sticky is stickier. Yet, with regard to top sheets, I think the terms Tacky (sticky) and Grippy make more sense . . .

TACKY:  I began my table tennis career playing with DHS P4. I could pick up a ball and hold it upside down indefinitely. In fact, it actually worked as flypaper . . . while in Guangdong where it's hot and humid . . . mosquitos would often get stuck to it. I needed to keep a towel nearby to wipe wipe wipe. THAT IS STICKY!!

GRIPPY:  Since Mark V/Sriver to Bryce to Tenergy . . . most Euro/Jap rubbers won't catch bugs. They are more like automobile tires that have traction. They can grab, but won't hold on.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:31pm
I agree tommyzai. Tacky is a term that's often mixed up with grippy... even some of the manufacturers use the term tacky when in fact it's really only grippy. So I tend to use only the terms grippy or sticky, so there is no confusion.

Going back to the question of spinny rubbers for serves, I tend to get significantly more spin if the topsheet is relatively soft. That's why I get more spin from Golden Tango or Victas 401, compared to Hurricane 3, whose topsheet is harder. For loops h3 gets tons of spin though, but it's not as spinny for serves (for my technique).

Edited by haggisv - 05/10/2019 at 10:33pm
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:38pm
I used to play with the Rasant Beat and thought I won’t be able to find anything better for serves. I was wrong. Yasaka Shining Dragon. This thing is really good. Japanese sponge with the Chinese top. Not fast and incredibly spinny.
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 9:56am
Three Sword Leap is the tackiest rubber I've tried.  And according to the ads, it's better than H3 National Blue Sponge Wink. It is very hard though, and requires more effort than H3 to land a winner.  Might be useful for training your strength, and very cheap.
KomiTTa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KomiTTa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 7:40pm
Tommyzai, instead of going through my memories as a server , I am mentioning my experiences as a receiver when I was surprised with the amount of spin on the serves,  so much so, that I had urge to ask my opponents afterwards what rubber they were using. To avoid redundancy I am skipping some already mentioned rubbers and new to list, are:
-R47 UltraMax -though served by former pro, January 2019 made it in Japan top 16 
-Acuda S2 - couldn't believe when I was told, so I asked, if I could have a look, and got explanation that his forearms were strong and used wrist snap while serving 
-Genesis II M
-Mark V - after my disbelief, I asked the guy, if he boosted, treated or if any SpeedGlue used, he said: "Actually it is factory pre assembled, Ma Lin Carbon, racquet by Yasaka", Whaaat!!!, and he handed it to me if I wanna look. 
-Vega Pro
-MX-P
-Nittaku H3 Turbo Orange, when served fast diagonally with sidespin, it was crazy curving in the air

Edited by KomiTTa - 05/12/2019 at 8:41pm
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by KomiTTa KomiTTa wrote:

Tommyzai, instead of going through my memories as a succesful server , I am mentioning my experiences as a receiver when I was surprised so much wiith the amount of spin on serves, that I had urge to ask my oponents afterwards what rubber they were using. Well, to avoid redundancy I am skipping some well known and already mentioned. New additions to the list, in order of surprise effect on me are,
-Mark V, after my disbelief, I asked the guy, if he boosted, treated or any SpeedGlue used, he said: "Actually it is factory preassembled Ma Lin Carbon, racquet by Yasaka", Whaaat!!!, and he handed it to me if I wanna look. 

These stories are my favorite. There’s a guy at my club with what is probably a 20 year old 1.8 rubber and his serves are nasty. 
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2022 at 7:55am
Not every rubber can produce the same spin to speed ratio.  Period.  And you should add to that the blade, because everything will add to dwell or its opposite.  Of course technique is key... dam you can spin up with pimples even... and a beginner could use the spinniest ever rubber and have hardly any spin in their game but instead nightmares of keeping it on the table.

I think the softest sponged tacky rubber like H3-50 would trump any of the grippy ones for spin to speed ratio.

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2022 at 10:10am
Dignics 09C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic