Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dhs Neo 3 Hurricane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dhs Neo 3 Hurricane
    Posted: 05/17/2019 at 6:21am
Is it necessary to boost it right away or is it factory boosted?
Sponsored Links

Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 8:46am
it is, but not too much
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 10:10am
My thoughts about H3 Neo:
- The 2.15mm 39° is the best version I´ve tried. 2.2mm is too much, gives a bit more speed but control is lost.
- When boosted it becomes much more dynamic, in speed and spin, but again control is lost.
- If you want to use this rubber you´d better have an excellent physical condition, and also great stamina. Because it demands it, you might be able to play the best with H3N in the first match of the day but, in a tournament, for example, in the 5th or 6th match you will produce nothing if your stamina is not ok.
- Being fit is not enough to use it. You can´t be lazy when execute the attacking strokes. A full swing is needed, as well as a quick recover.
- It´s more difficult to use H3N than ESN rubbers. H3N is more dangerous but only when strokes are properly executed.
- It´s not for me. I can make a full and fast swing but definitely can not recover fast enough for the next shot. And I also can not keep the quality of strokes for more than 2 matches, my body says no.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 11:53am
I think for H3N it comes with some factory boost? You can see the layer when you open it and it has this smell that H3 doesn't. I heard some people clean and remove this layer prior to boosting.

Anyhow, I recently started using H3 Prov blue sponge for the first time after having used various tensor rubbers (T05, MXP, G1, etc.). 

My H3 is 40 degree and is boosted with 3 layers of FTL. I must say, I really do like the control it offers in the short game, but as someone said above, you need to have a proper stroke to generate the spin. This mean, you have to have a solid footwork so you can get into position. This is extremely difficult but it also forces me to be proactive in my footwork. I'm enjoying it so far and my game has improved. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 5:15pm
I imagine it is not necessary if you only engage the top sheet, no the sponge is not boosted to any extend
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 12:29pm
I just got a new sheet of H3 Neo Provincial 39º. I'm trying to decide whether or not to open the package to use or pass along. I used Chinese rubbers for years but then switched over to the "grippy" rubbers. Can I adjust? I'd use them un-boosted for sure. I don't like having a rubber that needs additional treatment.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I just got a new sheet of H3 Neo Provincial 39º. I'm trying to decide whether or not to open the package to use or pass along. I used Chinese rubbers for years but then switched over to the "grippy" rubbers. Can I adjust? I'd use them un-boosted for sure. I don't like having a rubber that needs additional treatment.
What are 'grippy' rubbers? vs. tacky
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

grippy are European style rubbers. You make the spin with grippy rubbers when the ball hits the topsheet compresses into the sponge and because of the upward movement of the racket the ball rolls and gets spin. 
Tacky rubbers are Chinese style rubbers. They have different chemical structure and the ball sticks to the topsheet. You can litterally lift the ball by pressing the rubber into the ball. When the ball hits the upward moving rubber it sticks for a moment to it and bounces back and gets the spin. So they differ in how they make the ball spin. 

Grippy rubbers tend to have softer sponges and tacky tend to have hard sponges. Also tacky rubbers are slower and because of harder sponge more linear and need more power to utilize them properly, so it's more common to use them for FH as FH is much more powerful
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

It depends from player to player, but I had a similar situation. I've been using H3Neo (commercial) for a long time and then I got Palio for free. So I put them on to give them a try. Needed some time to adjust, played for some time and after the rubber was done returned back to H3Neo. Again, needed some time to adjust, but in general didn't have any problems...

Edited by Simas - 05/18/2019 at 2:00pm
DHS Hurricane Neo3
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 2:55am
Okay, i am going to get a lot of hate for this. Read what I am about to say if you plan to get better. If you only play for fun then whatever. 

DO NOT USE H3. Unless you are professionally getting trained. You need to waste time boosting it, reglue it, then every 2 weeks it plays differently, then you start thinking about "what if i got blue sponge will i play like CNT" Then buy all sorts of blue sponge, fake/ real whatever. Then you will try different booster on effect. It's a waste of time and money. Just use jap/euro rubber and be done with. 

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 4:03am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Okay, i am going to get a lot of hate for this. Read what I am about to say if you plan to get better. If you only play for fun then whatever. 

DO NOT USE H3. Unless you are professionally getting trained. You need to waste time boosting it, reglue it, then every 2 weeks it plays differently, then you start thinking about "what if i got blue sponge will i play like CNT" Then buy all sorts of blue sponge, fake/ real whatever. Then you will try different booster on effect. It's a waste of time and money. Just use jap/euro rubber and be done with. 

100% agreed.

I also spend a lot of money ejing on chinese stuff and it's a hassle and definitely a waste of time unless you were taught by chinese coaches or trainers it's almost impossible to reach it's potential.  But once you have acquired your own technique when adult it's almost impossible to go back and relearn your strokes.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 10:54am

To each his own. Your statement does apply to majority of people, although for me H3 improved my game. You don't need to boost it every 2 weeks with FTL. Once you find the right supplier, there's no concern about getting fakes. Getting provincial version means higher quality control. Blue sponge version is a bit "crunchier". 

People just EJ as much with euro/jap rubbers, not to mention the cost of a butterfly rubber can literally buy you five H3Neo. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

grippy are European style rubbers. You make the spin with grippy rubbers when the ball hits the topsheet compresses into the sponge and because of the upward movement of the racket the ball rolls and gets spin. 
Tacky rubbers are Chinese style rubbers. They have different chemical structure and the ball sticks to the topsheet. You can litterally lift the ball by pressing the rubber into the ball. When the ball hits the upward moving rubber it sticks for a moment to it and bounces back and gets the spin. So they differ in how they make the ball spin. 

Grippy rubbers tend to have softer sponges and tacky tend to have hard sponges. Also tacky rubbers are slower and because of harder sponge more linear and need more power to utilize them properly, so it's more common to use them for FH as FH is much more powerful
thanks - I just didn't know Euro style rubbers are called 'grippy' 
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 11:45am

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/19/2019 at 11:59am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 11:48am

some people like to go thru this routine - even though it takes time - a hobby / enjoyment
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 6:44pm

It is just the hardness that makes it too difficult to use for amateurs. 95% of eurojap rubbers are well below 50 degrees. H3 starts at 51 degree in 39, its softest common version.
So just get a softer h3 and problem solved.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

It is just the hardness that makes it too difficult to use for amateurs. 95% of eurojap rubbers are well below 50 degrees. H3 starts at 51 degree in 39, its softest common version.

or buy H3Neo which stands in the middle between Euro and Chinese rubbers. Not as tacky and not as hard Smile
DHS Hurricane Neo3
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2019 at 3:35pm
105 USD.

Ma Long's backhand rubber
-- H3 Neo topsheet attached onto 37 degree blue sponge. Exclusive supply directly from DHS depot.   Sponge formulation is unique, only supplied to MaLong.   105 USD.

Be happy.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2019 at 6:42pm
I have new, sealed H3 Neo Provincial/Blue sponge 39º specially ordered/selected for me that I am willing to let go of for cost . . . don't think I'm capable of the strokes. I'll post an FS thread if no PMs soon.

Edited by tommyzai - 05/21/2019 at 6:42pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2019 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

or buy H3Neo which stands in the middle between Euro and Chinese rubbers. Not as tacky and not as hard Smile

I vaguley recall seeing a video on YouTube comparing H3 and H3N. I remember Neo came out more tackier than regular. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

I vaguley recall seeing a video on YouTube comparing H3 and H3N. I remember Neo came out more tackier than regular. 

As zeio has mentioned, there is no difference nowadays other than the protection  layer. So, if you boost provincial or higher, no need to get Neo. 

I find boosted H3 works great with the ABS plastic ball.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2019 at 2:13am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

105 USD.

Ma Long's backhand rubber
-- H3 Neo topsheet attached onto 37 degree blue sponge. Exclusive supply directly from DHS depot.   Sponge formulation is unique, only supplied to MaLong.   105 USD.

Be happy.

Be sober
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic