Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bobrow lost to a mark v

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bobrow lost to a mark v
    Posted: 05/17/2019 at 2:50pm
from what I remember the guy who beat him uses yasaka mark v in the bh (not boosted).
does this mean that you can get to 2200 with unboosted mark v?

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/17/2019 at 2:53pm
Sponsored Links

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 2:56pm
You will have to make the significance of this more obvious. He lost to a player who uses an all time classic rubber. So??? 
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 2:59pm
As if you didn't know the answer, didn't you just answer your own question?
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 3:16pm
Umm, people used to win world championships with unboosted Mark V and Sriver. How is this news?
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Umm, people used to win world championships with unboosted Mark V and Sriver. How is this news?
People used to play with 38mm cellular balls though.  I doubt if anyone can reach top 100 using these rubber today, even if they play defense.  I think someone can get to a respectable level with these rubbers, but they are not for everyone.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 3:48pm
People can play 2500 level with long pimples and Hardbat. Why shouldn't they be able to do it with Mark V?

It's not the equipment in itself. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

People can play 2500 level with long pimples and Hardbat. Why shouldn't they be able to do it with Mark V?

2500 would be a respectable level for sure.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 5:03pm

because mark v is inverted?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

Your posts are not quite reflective of your self-assessment of being around the same level as Dan from TableTennisDaily.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 5:47pm
C'mon BR, Next Level is 2+ levels below Dan, anyone seeing vids will know... to answer PPP (the OP) question, yes, one can be 2200+ with Mark V...

... and Next Level is pretty consistent answering affirmative to that.

... to address another member's comment, what is respectable is kinda relative. Some places, 1800 USATT is pretty respectable, some places, 2000 level doesn't make you fit to even be the Water Boy.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Your posts are not quite reflective of your self-assessment of being around the same level as Dan from TableTennisDaily.

My comment was directed to the OP who recently stated he thinks he is around Dan's level. Anyone around that level (or even half of it) would know the answer to this question, but PPP seems to like to ask questions with obvious answers (not the first one pertaining to Bobrow) for reasons I do not understand.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

yeah I probably overestimated my level.
I'm pretty lousy actually.
not only in tt but in everything I do LOL
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 8:02pm
Lol, people talking about Mark V as if it's a slower rubber. You can generate plenty of speed and spin with it. There are also tons of Chinese players with ridiculously cheap equipment beating players using $400 set up. 
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 2:32am
Bobrow isnt playing seriously. One he serves,  he just keep feeding&fish ing  balls  and making a step backwards for lobbing &fun.
I guess the other player is playing a really fast blade, you can't hit that hard with an OFF- blade with such rubbers.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 2:37am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Bobrow isnt playing seriously. One he serves,  he just keep feeding&fish ing  balls  and making a step backwards for lobbing &fun.
I guess the other player is playing a really fast blade, you can't hit that hard with an OFF- blade with such rubbers.

he always used a rather slow blade.
I remember he used a banda waldner some time ago.

in this match adam seems to mix it up.
some attack and some lobbing.
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 2:58am
i think you almost Do not need a bh rubber against bobrow. I am not the fastest Guy But i think i could win with only a forehand rubber. No need to play bh if he play those high balls. 

I also mark v works to a certain level if you have good technique. 
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

i think you almost Do not need a bh rubber against bobrow. I am not the fastest Guy But i think i could win with only a forehand rubber. No need to play bh if he play those high balls. 

I also mark v works to a certain level if you have good technique. 
This is very true. It made no difference what rubber is on the BH side. Regarding Sriver rubber, does any one here tried it with 40+ ball?  I didn’t, but I have tried with classic rubber from Stiga. I can make it work, but it takes a lot of effort and very frustrating. So I really like to hear your comment if you actually use it. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 12:12pm
from what I remember adam's opponent always had a good bh topspin.
and he always used mark v with no glue.

so I guess the conclusion is that up to maybe 2700 you can make a mark v or a sriver work.
why?
because up to this level technique errors have more relevance than anything related to equipment.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/18/2019 at 12:31pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

compared to the matches I've seen with Bobrow playing, I would say the opposite. This time he is rather serious. Cause most of the times he is just fooling around Big smile

Edited by Simas - 05/18/2019 at 12:41pm
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

People used to play with 38mm cellular balls though.  I doubt if anyone can reach top 100 using these rubber today, even if they play defense.  I think someone can get to a respectable level with these rubbers, but they are not for everyone.

Look up Satoshi Aida. Uses Mark V both sides plays Swedish top division. Easily top 200 in the world standard but doesn't play internationally afaik.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Look up Satoshi Aida. Uses Mark V both sides plays Swedish top division. Easily top 200 in the world standard but doesn't play internationally afaik.

The question is whether you can use it unboosted at a high level.
This guy afaik is using it not boosted.

There's a girl who plays internationally, pesotska, who was photographed recently... And she is using donic desto f1 both sides.
This model is more than 10 years old.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/18/2019 at 1:55pm
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 2:41pm
also worth to mention is that aida Do not play so offensive But is chopping alot. Which i think is more impressive with mark v. Must have good feeling. 

But i think he just have markv on the backhand where he chops alot. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

The question is whether you can use it unboosted at a high level.
This guy afaik is using it not boosted.

There's a girl who plays internationally, pesotska, who was photographed recently... And she is using donic desto f1 both sides.
This model is more than 10 years old.

But she s boosting a lot
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 6:37pm
He may not be using Mark V, you only know he used to play with it
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

He may not be using Mark V, you only know he used to play with it

I personally saw Aida's racket about 8 months ago.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 9:44pm
Acutally, can OP tell us what is on his FH? A long time ago, a coach told me that I did not need to use LP on my BH because I can use a slow rubber on my bh.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Acutally, can OP tell us what is on his FH? A long time ago, a coach told me that I did not need to use LP on my BH because I can use a slow rubber on my bh.

probably some tenergy somebody gave away to him.
he was always the opposite of an ej.
I remember his mark v was so old that it had a different sponge from the current one being sold LOL

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/19/2019 at 10:47pm
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 3:38am
Bobrow lost to the better player on the day... Doesnt really matter if that opponent plays with pimples, Mark V or anyrhing else. The skill of the player who is playing is key here. 
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 6:52am
I do not understand Bobrow at all. It is evident that he has got good opening strokes and he could follow up. Instead, he goes into lobbing after the second touch.
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 7:00am
Rich DeWitt is 2262 right now.. He has been holding at mid to upper 2200's lately.

As far as I know, he still uses Mark V..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic