Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New USATT CEO vs Heavyspin, Throwback Thursday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New USATT CEO vs Heavyspin, Throwback Thursday
    Posted: 05/23/2019 at 12:32pm
A couple of brief highlights from match between Virginia Sung and myself from March 1994 at NJTTC. Video quality is not so good. I try not to pay attention to ratings too much but I recall Virginia was 2476 and I was 2368 (and approx 130 lbs lighter) at the time of this match.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 12:39pm
Quickspin...
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
danseemiller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 12:43pm
awesome point. You were pretty thin back then.
DS
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 1:01pm
You did well against the new USATT CEO (Virginia Sung) some 25 years ago.
Even though you lost 5 matches to her, you did win 1 match on 3-13-1994.

5 - 1
SUNG, VIRGINIA   vs   BAVLY, LARRY

Matches
Tournament Date  Winner                 Loser Event Score +/-
2000 Spin Open - 04/23/2000 Sung, Virginia  Bavly, Larry 13, 15 0
NJTTC March Open - 03/21/1999 Sung, Virginia  Bavly, Larry 19, 11 2
1996 Sun TV Open - 08/18/1996 Sung, Virginia  Bavly, Larry 0 10
NTTC January Open - 01/22/1995 Sung, Virginia  Bavly, Larry 0 3
Westfield December Open - 12/11/1994 Sung, Virginia  Bavly, Larry 0 13
Westfield March Open - 03/13/1994 Bavly, Larry  Sung, Virginia 0 20

Edited by skip3119 - 05/23/2019 at 1:07pm
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 1:09pm
Curious question, why did virginia sung's skill level age just fine after 26 years but yours drop 400? Did you get an injury? or the game just evolved so much. 
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 1:25pm
Now I understand why one of OP's goal is let two kids cry. Very few kids can increase 100 point every month. You are jealous of that. But anyway, you are still playing TT after 26 years. That is good for everything. A lot of kids even quit in one year.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:13pm
Fat shaming? very classy.

Larry does not need me to defend him, but really, take it to PM if you want to provide some personal advice about his health.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:24pm
LOL fatt.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... at worst I only say people have no idea about TT knowledge(which is true). You topped me. 
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Why is it you cannot go back to that lower weight? do you think table tennis will protect you from health problems linked to an insane diet? Maybe you do not care but have your thought about your american tt superstar status influencing people negatively? ("look at Larry, he is so good and so happy so I should not worry, right?")

Frankly I find inappropriate to expose your tt talent and awesome touch in conjunction with one of the biggest health problem in the USA, especially since you enjoy so much how round you are and never miss an opportunity to put your obesity forward along with various killing buffets, even though your fh push analogy was incredibly smart and funny, I am still laughing about it. It's just not OK to sneakily infer that one can be super fat and happy, it is not true, you have no idea how good you'd feel and how proud of yourself you'd be after resolving what is a real personal problem.

That lack of discipline is a shame to our game and life in general. "Look how fat I am and I can beat you and your slim, thin, lean body!" That's a bunch of crap, the relevant battle must be fought against yourself.

Anyway, we lost Barry but let's keep Larry; so try that:

It's hard the 1st 3 weeks and after that something awakes in you and it's amazing. The 2nd hardest part will be to deal with nuts who use animal cruelty as a tool to spiritually dominate and shout how better they are, just ignore those f**king idiots, focus on the nutrition and environmental aspects of it.

Please, understand that my post is a defensive move against what I consider a direct attack on well being. I was 231 lbs at 5'9" and now that I am back to 155 (after a year starting in 06/17, 6lbs a month is really reasonable and safe) eating fresh and organic 5 times a day and never really hungry, I can't stand smart, talented and charismatic people like you when they advertise their terrible weakness with such a fake pride.

yeah yeah yeah...$%&@ me, I know...

PS: I used your 1st name because you share it in your profile.

going from eating the world to vegan and being super happy?
sounds like fake.

I eat whatever I want but not so much quantity that I would be super fat.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:37pm

Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

LOL fatt.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... at worst I only say people have no idea about TT knowledge(which is true). You topped me. 
are you trying to make us believe that your question to Larry above did not point at his weight? Your way was more subtle than mine I give you that.

I don't know how he look like now. I may talk and post a lot here but i am not involved in any politics or anyone's personal life. 
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:57pm
fatt. Making morbidly obese people feel bad about themselves actually doesn't motivates them. Motivation is the very thing they lack that's why they got themselves to their situation right now. If you want to help them, you need to show benefits and be positive to ignite their motivation. Negative reinforcement only works on alphas or gifted individuals who can take up pressure and convert to motivation, not a lot of people are born with it. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 05/23/2019 at 3:02pm
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Fat shaming? very classy.

Larry does not need me to defend him, but really, take it to PM if you want to provide some personal advice about his health.

ILya
no need to sugar coat with intelligent and strong people, they don’t like it. If he gets angry at me for that then he is less smart than I thought so be it, let him explode and throw his half digested chicken wings towards the 4 cardinal points but at least he knows what kind of thoughts he inspires with his game, diet and posting style as a combo.
Fat shaming it was not; the same way he is not fat advertising directly (only subliminally).

As I said, take it to PM.  Or develop a sense of humor because you sure as hell do not understand Larry's.

I am not here to protect Larry's feelings, as I said, and I doubt he cares about your take on the subject one way or the other. 

I simply think you are rude and grossly out of line.  It is not hugely unexpected, but should still be checked.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 3:07pm
Calling out larry for being fat is almost as bad as calling out fatt for being bonkers! LOL

Anyway... good points there heavyspin! Choppers unite!
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 3:18pm

.. I was 231 lbs at 5'9" and now that I am back to 155 (after a year starting in 06/17, 6lbs a month is really reasonable and safe) eating fresh and organic 5 times a day and never really hungry, ..

Clap
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 3:24pm
This forum would not be complete without fatt and his emotional and overdramatic outbursts but I think this one borders on bannable offense? Really not sure where that came from.... 

Edited by bard romance - 05/23/2019 at 5:08pm
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Really not sure where that came from.... 

Hunger Wink
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 3:30pm

The 2nd hardest part will be to deal with nuts who use animal cruelty as a tool to spiritually dominate and shout how better they are, just ignore those f**king idiots, focus on the nutrition and environmental aspects of it.

On a less personal note, has anyone figured out how non-vegetarians “spiritually dominate”?

I am not a vegetarian but I do not see spiritual domination as part of my daily life, maybe I am missing out? 
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 4:01pm
It's obvious you were happy bc you are at the table bat in hand, and grumpy standing in a fluorescent-lit cube farm doing your wage-slavery.

Everyone on this forum would be the same, size has nothing to do with it.
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 4:10pm
Funny but true. Lesson learned:  Post online messages do have some unpredicted consequences. Nobody is talking how great heavespin is to win current CEO long time ago. I believe that is original message. 

Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

It's obvious you were happy bc you are at the table bat in hand, and grumpy standing in a fluorescent-lit cube farm doing your wage-slavery.

Everyone on this forum would be the same, size has nothing to do with it.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

This forum would not be complete without fatt and his emotional and overdramatic outbursts but I think this one borders on bannable offense? Really not sure where that came from.... 

Or maybe it touches a nerve that even at a higher weight, Larry plays at a higher level? 

Maybe if I gained enough weight I could play at Larry's level.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 4:52pm

on a side note, one could say "fatt you were fat and happy and look at you now, all thin and grumpy"

before and after ;)

While I am not for your chiding Heavyspin on weight (I assume that HS is better than us on many fronts like TT or math wizardry but does not flaunt it), I must say: a big kudos on your weight loss. I know that it is not TT related, but was there significant muscle loss? Can you bench / squat the same weight as before? Either way, congrats.

Also, how did the weight loss impact your TT?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 5:07pm
Interesting that this thread took a turn from the aggressive to a wholesome place of congratulations and self-reflection. Well done Clap
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 6:01pm

MAN! he was playing so good, that loop under backspin is so powerful, he goes for it like there is no tomorrow.
Thanks!

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 2:11am
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

Yes, but if you look closely, you'll see he had the same haircut.LOL
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 4:04am
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

MAN! he was playing so good, that loop under backspin is so powerful, he goes for it like there is no tomorrow.
Thanks!

For a moment, I thought this was a clip of Jean-Michel Saive playing! 
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

Yes, but if you look closely, you'll see he had the same haircut.LOL
Never change what works for you.  Coach's advice.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Thanks!

For a moment, I thought this was a clip of Jean-Michel Saive playing! 

In my first glance, I thought it was Jonyer (1975).
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 3:25pm
Awesome play from Heavyspin! Heavyspin is a modern day Renaissance man.  He is a power-lifter, a mathematical scholar, a decent human being and awesome ponger.  We should all strive to be like heavyspin. 
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Awesome play from Heavyspin! Heavyspin is a modern day Renaissance man.  He is a power-lifter, a mathematical scholar, a decent human being and awesome ponger.  We should all strive to be like heavyspin. 

Don't forget Humorist.  I was going to say comedian, but his bits are so meaningful and the satire is so spot on that "comedian" does not do him justice.

Mark - Heavyspin Fanboy since 2010.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 7:56pm

on a side note, one could say "fatt you were fat and happy and look at you now, all thin and grumpy"

before and after ;)

You looked better before, probably healthier too. Genuinely.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic