Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

h3 is terrible!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

I usually estimate myself around "2200 USATT-OFFICIAL-RATING".............     .........    .......  Smile

yoz sayeing

Yes. Nothing you post remotely squares with this.  A 2200 player doesn't behave like they don't seriously understand the differences between Chinese Rubber and Tenergy as if they have never played with someone who uses them before.  In fact, you don't get to 2200 and try Hurricane for the first time as if it is a revelation after 10 years.  Most people form an opinion after looping with it for 5 minutes using s peel someone else's bat and some invests some don't. And just about everyone at 2200 has lost to enough people using Hurricane at every level that they know it is a matter of taste like Coke vs Pepsi.

It is probably humorous trolling but it isn't even igorponger level colorful. So what is the point?  You need to up your game.

Edited by NextLevel - 06/03/2019 at 4:43pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 5:17pm
please point to where I said that this is the first time I try h3.

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I usually estimate myself around "2200 USATT-OFFICIAL-RATING".............     .........    .......  Smile

yoz sayeing

Yes. Nothing you post remotely squares with this.  A 2200 player doesn't behave like they don't seriously understand the differences between Chinese Rubber and Tenergy as if they have never played with someone who uses them before.  In fact, you don't get to 2200 and try Hurricane for the first time as if it is a revelation after 10 years.  Most people form an opinion after looping with it for 5 minutes using s peel someone else's bat and some invests some don't. And just about everyone at 2200 has lost to enough people using Hurricane at every level that they know it is a matter of taste like Coke vs Pepsi.

It is probably humorous trolling but it isn't even igorponger level colorful. So what is the point?  You need to up your game.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 5:46pm
I see people ganging up on PPP for some reason-want to help but can't - never used t-88I nor an unboosted H3 variant.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 6:26pm

yoz sayeing

I assumed that.  Obviously, most people say H3 is not for them because they know good players use H3, some use it unboosted.  So for you to say H3 is terrible, that is the sound of someone who is acting like they do not know anything about TT for some reason.  Something doesn't become terrible because you don't like it.
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 7:29pm

yoz sayeing

I assumed that.  Obviously, most people say H3 is not for them because they know good players use H3, some use it unboosted.  So for you to say H3 is terrible, that is the sound of someone who is acting like they do not know anything about TT for some reason.  Something doesn't become terrible because you don't like it.

you assumed wrong.
I used h3 for a long time.
I also used boosted h3 for a long time.
around 5 years ago I stopped using h3.

I picked it up now again.
in the beginning I thought it was ok,  since I had nothing similar to compare it to.
then I used sanwei t88-I.
then I made this thread.
then the usual bullies started throwing hate.

I don't see what's the big deal, why people try to shut me up so much.

I don't see you trying to shut up user "mjamja" and his usual threads 
"today I went kayaking for 2 hours, then made shadow movements for 3 hours in the mountains, then played matches with the cleaning lady and then went to sleep to my trailer".

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/03/2019 at 8:09pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 8:39pm

yoz sayeing

you assumed wrong.

in the beginning I thought it was ok,  since I had nothing similar to compare it to.
then I made this thread.

"today I went kayaking for 2 hours, then made shadow movements for 3 hours in the mountains, then played matches with the cleaning lady and then went to sleep to my trailer".

If you want to compare yourself to mjamja, don't quit your day job. He is far funnier and  more humble than you are.  Also very upfront about who he is.
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 9:18pm

yoz sayeing

you assumed wrong.

then I made this thread.

If you want to compare yourself to mjamja, don't quit your day job. He is far funnier and  more humble than you are.  Also very upfront about who he is.

to me mjamja is what I am to you.
the only difference is I know self control.
I remain silent and let him enjoy his threads and his posts.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Hello people, no disrespect to mjamja, he is able to put himself in a position where table tennis consumes him and he likes it, a lot of us can only dream about achieving the same.

This being said, anybody else finds this outrageously funny? with the young poster's sarcastic, annoyed tone and all:

@pingpungpeng: believe it or not, nextlevel is on your side, a bit like an older brother telling you to tone it down, no big deal. He knows you are an enthusiast full of energy and you find a safe place here to communicate your passion for the game, it's all positive. When it reaches a level where attention seeking seems to be the main goal (right or wrong, a perception is a perception and it counts), people like nextlevel are good at raising an eyebrow and let you know what they think. Please understand that his direct style is a gift, he does not beat around the bush and prefer to tell you things directly, that has value for you and all parties involved.

I just learned about the Dunning Kruger effect btw. This one is so bad to me lol but I am getting better, the gap between who I am and who I think I am is shrinking to reasonable levels; who I am and who I want to become are close enough so my self projection to the community does not reach as trying to fart higher than my ass. It's practice, everybody can do it and we all have the same problem to control, it's easier for some. It makes faceless online relationships so much smoother and of course, it applies to all relationships.

Good luck pingpungpeng, have fun! and show us videos of your best play if you can.

stop trying to make me look like "the young guy full of energy who needs to learn a lesson from nextlevel, fatt, mjamja and so on....".

I'm not young.
I'm not full of energy.
I don't need lessons.

actually referring to an old person as a little kid is an insult, without the need to use insulting words.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/04/2019 at 8:24am
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 11:26pm
H3 national unboosted does feel like the toughest and least-rewarding h3 to use without booster. Compared to that, a t-88 and many other products from other Chinese manufacturers may feel like a better rubber to many because of its ease of use. Regular h3 (non - neo) does feel like the best h3 to use without booster. This is completely my personal opinion, plenty of people I play with who disagree, depends on play style. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 3:24am

Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

There are some different kinds of DHS Hurricane 3, only one is okay playing without booster, the others are not.
Yeap, I am talking about original H3.

By using "the other" H3, you must use plenty booster and then...get another one because it will be bubbled quickly.

when I made this racket during the weekend I put the national h3 white package on one side.
on the other side I put h3 neo blue sponge provincial.
they both sucked equally bad.
so my conclusion is just that h3 sucks in general.

for comparison, I also have another racket with a sanwei t88-I and a sanwei target provincial.
also chinese rubbers in the same segment.
that racket plays much better.

Unfortunately I have to say that you are using the "other" H3.
It is common in here but not the H3 is using in China.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 8:34am
In matter of fact, I haven't seen yet a player, amateur or a pro who creates the same or nearly the same speed as our favourites from CNT. I know  few guys who are using it quite successfully but all they do is kind of g ood spin , or sort of wicked balls. ...yeah and of course really spiny serves.
For most of us that is not good enough

Edited by Kolev - 06/04/2019 at 6:49pm
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 5:53am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

These threads are useful for people like me, who keep buying H3 every few years trying to figure out why it is used and loved by so many and continually come away amazed at how bad of a rubber it is. 

Bitter? Yep. 

I agree. This thread is useful for me too. For example, I am interested in those posts clearly stating why people don't like H3, I mean the reason. Also it would help to know what blade and glue used.

H3 is a very good product given it's price range. It does what is was made for perfectly well. I just recently worn out a sheet of black H3 purchased from tt11 (100hrs of play) and out of curiosity trying to find something what works better. By "better" I mean something as dangerous in strong loops and reliable producing spinny balls but with higher margin for errors. As a replacement I tried these:
- YINHE Mercury II (MH and Hard)
- Reactor Thunder (MH)
- 729 08-ES (H47)
- Double Fish QIJI (Hard)
- Sanwei Target National

Few more are in the line to try but to my surprise none of them are nearly close to H3. Some have silly high through, some just linear or not so much spinny.

H3 is demanding. Have to admit that during my first 60 hours of use I was not happy. I felt just Ok. The reason was I had bad time finding a proper brushing angle. But then between 60 - 70 something "clicked" and I understood how to deal with it. It is very likely that I will come back to H3 and stick to it. Unless some one suggests more rubbers to try I only have left Yinhe Jupiter 2 on my list.

Edited by fmarek - 06/08/2019 at 9:39pm
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 9:56am
I suggest you try sanwei t88-I.
also 729 battle II seems good, even though I haven't used it.
if you like something a bit more euro I suggest palio cj8000.

this is if you don't boost.
if you boost h3 is great.

someone asked what blade I use.
been using tibhar lebesson for some time.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/08/2019 at 10:00am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 10:08am

if you boost h3 is great.

I'd boost just to understand. Could you describe the difference. Based on what I gathered in the Internet boosted H3 sort "more lively" but I've no idea what that means. Also how much of falco long term booster you would recommend to use?
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 10:12am
By boosting your rubber won't feel like a brick and will be easier to use right off the bat. You can apply 2-3 layers of FTL booster. 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 10:29am
Which aspect of the game becomes easier? 2-3 layers will make it very fast I guess .. ?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 11:24am
There are many boosters and methods of boosting.
Depending how you boost the rubber could become faster than a tenergy.
But it only lasts for some time and if the rubber domes too much you have the problem of sticking it to the blade.
Myself I only play once a week now, so no incentive to boost.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 4:59pm
Today played a couple of matches with h3 again.
It's not sooooo oooooo oooooo oooooo o o o terrible
It's actually pretty decent.

Here's a pic of the 2nd racket I used today

It's not stiga, it's satiga!!! LOL

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/08/2019 at 5:00pm
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 9:30pm

pay postage for me, then I will throw to you some 2nd H3 which could change your view.
Falco is not a booster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 10:49pm

pay postage for me, then I will throw to you some 2nd H3 which could change your view.

ok what kind of h3 do you have?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 11:10pm

As I said before somewhere. I have only ordinarily humble H3, nothing special.
Falco is not a booster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 11:22pm

As I said before somewhere. I have only ordinarily humble H3, nothing special.

the one in the pic is white package national h3Thumbs Up
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

These threads are useful for people like me, who keep buying H3 every few years trying to figure out why it is used and loved by so many and continually come away amazed at how bad of a rubber it is. 

Bitter? Yep. 

I agree. This thread is useful for me too. For example, I am interested in those posts clearly stating why people don't like H3, I mean the reason. Also it would help to know what blade and glue used.

It would be far more beneficial to you to know who the poster behind such threads are, and what they play like, rather than what blade or glue was used by said person, to derive any conclusions from the post. But more often than not such posts come from people who give zero context about their game or capabilities on the table. You are left to extrapolate, and if you don't understand what kind of players tend to make what kind of posts, you may come to unfounded conclusions. But I think I, and posters like NextLevel, have gone into this in enough depth at this point, so to each their own.

I rest my case on the following note, only a few days since the original posting of this thread...

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2019 at 6:16am
bard romance,

Pingpungpeng has compared his posting style to that of mjamja.  While i don't think the quality of humor or content is close, I think that admission is sufficient for anyone to decide whether he is worth reading for anything other than potential entertainment. 
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2019 at 11:06am
The Satiga has a one ply core.... Not even butterfly gives you this kind of treatment!!!LOL
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2019 at 7:11pm
Pingpungpeng wrote,

"I don't see you trying to shut up user "mjamja" and his usual threads 
"today I went kayaking for 2 hours, then made shadow movements for 3 hours in the mountains, then played matches with the cleaning lady and then went to sleep to my trailer"".

Video to come soon.  Maybe you guys can analyze my sleep shadow stroking (its like sleepwalking) and tell what is really wrong with my game and with me.  That cleaning lady was an ex-provincial player from China who wiped me off the table like she was mopping dirt off the floor.

Mark

Edited by mjamja - 06/09/2019 at 10:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic