Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05
    Posted: 06/05/2019 at 12:40am
Does anyone know how to determine by serial number or whatever where the rubber was manufactured, that is, in Europe or Japan
Sponsored Links

Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 12:53am
[QUOTE=osmar92]Does anyone know how to determine by serial number or whatever where the rubber was manufactured, that is, in Europe or Japan[/QUOTE

Do you believe that Tenergy might be produced in Germany? Pretty much all Butterfly rubbers including Tenergy (exept maybe the rubbers they put on premade-bats) are being produced in Japan exclusively.
Besides, all of the rubbers I bought so far (aside from the Evolutions!) had a stamp on it (i. e. on the topsheet) saying either "Made in Japan", "Made in Germany" or "Made in China"... so you wouldn't really need some sort of a serial number or what is the purpose of your question?

Edited by Nightsky - 06/05/2019 at 1:02am
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 2:38am
There are many blades have "made in Sweden" but actually made in China (Stiga)
There are many blades have "made in Germany" but actually made in China (Donic)
There are many rubbers have "made in Japan" but actually made in China (BTY, Yasaka)
There are many Japanese blades and rubbers are made in Germany (Nittaku, Yasaka)
But if they have marked "made in China" then it is true!

BTY has branches in China, Korea, Thailand, Germany, USA,...not sure what are they making.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 3:22am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

There are many blades have "made in Sweden" but actually made in China (Stiga)
There are many blades have "made in Germany" but actually made in China (Donic)
There are many rubbers have "made in Japan" but actually made in China (BTY, Yasaka)
There are many Japanese blades and rubbers are made in Germany (Nittaku, Yasaka)
But if they have marked "made in China" then it is true!

BTY has branches in China, Korea, Thailand, Germany, USA,...not sure what are they making.

can you show me an example: take Donic - which of their blades on which they explicitly write 'Made in Germany' are made in China?

Which 'Made in Japan' BTY rubbers are made in China? From what I know, Tenergy is made by Asahi in Japan.

Nittaku rubbers (like Fastarc series) can of course be made by ESN in Germany. Do they state on them that they are 'Made in Japan'?
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

[QUOTE=osmar92]Does anyone know how to determine by serial number or whatever where the rubber was manufactured, that is, in Europe or Japan[/QUOTE

Do you believe that Tenergy might be produced in Germany? Pretty much all Butterfly rubbers including Tenergy (exept maybe the rubbers they put on premade-bats) are being produced in Japan exclusively.
Besides, all of the rubbers I bought so far (aside from the Evolutions!) had a stamp on it (i. e. on the topsheet) saying either "Made in Japan", "Made in Germany" or "Made in China"... so you wouldn't really need some sort of a serial number or what is the purpose of your question?

I know for sure that some Tenergy rubber manufactured in Europe 
But I found that by bar code one can determine the country of manufacturer.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by osmar92 osmar92 wrote:

Google the numbers on the bar codes which shows the origin of product. You will find out easily.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:10am
Tenergys are made exclusively in Japan. 
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Tenergys are made exclusively in Japan. 

If there is a code TBE that means manufactured in Europe. 
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:16am

What does "for sure" mean in that context. I for myself would rule out completely that any Tenergys are being manufactured outside of Japan. Some of Butterflys cheaper blades (in the 40 - 60 € range) are manufactured in Hungary, but that's about it (if we exclude pre-made stuff completely).
In order to avoid confusion, what kind of bar code are you referring to? That 13-digit code on the package of a rubber / blade? Or the code that is either stamped or engraved on the sponge of a rubber?
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:17am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Google the numbers on the bar codes which shows the origin of product. You will find out easily.

thx I found out 
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:20am

What does "for sure" mean in that context. I for myself would rule out completely that any Tenergys are being manufactured outside of Japan. Some of Butterflys cheaper blades (in the 40 - 60 € range) are manufactured in Hungary, but that's about it (if we exclude pre-made stuff completely).
In order to avoid confusion, what kind of bar code are you referring to? That 13-digit code on the package of a rubber / blade? Or the code that is either stamped or engraved on the sponge of a rubber?

EAN
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:24am
For example Butterfly Bryce speed made in Austria
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:25am

EAN

OK. EAN is now called GTIN (since 2009). I have a package of a T05 Hard here in front of me as well as the package for the Harimoto ALC. Both codes start with 490 which means it is a product of Japan (EAN/GTIN codes starting with either 450 - 459 or 490 - 499 is the country of origin, in this case Japan)...

Edited by Nightsky - 06/05/2019 at 10:27am
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:29am
I even found Tenergy 80 made in US and Canada

Butterfly table tennis rubber Tenergy 80,1.9 mm,2.1mm, Red,Black (BLACK, 1.9mm)

UPC720265150417
EAN0720265150417
ASINB01I4Y2NJY
CountryU.S. and Canada
CategoryTable Tennis
Last ScanJun 5 2019 at 2:28 PM
GS1 NameCook Bros. Popcorn Co.
GS1 Address1350 STATE ROUTE 1272 PRINCETON KY 42445-6501 US
Description
No description for 720265150417
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:33am
I guess if there were any factories in Austria or the US producing high quality tt rubbers, we would already know by now, through tt forums / word of mouth etc. pp.

Edited by Nightsky - 06/05/2019 at 10:34am
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:36am

I guess if there were any factories in Austria or the US producing high quality tt rubbers, we would already know by now, through tt forums / word of mouth etc. pp.

EAN tells the story, not this forum.
You can easily find it yourself by checking EAN
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 10:44am

Well, it seems you have missed one of my previous comments where I was referring to the EAN code, now called GTIN. If EAN / GTIN tells the story, as you said so yourself, then the code on my T05 Hard package and the Harimoto ALC package says 490 in the first three digits (450 - 459 and 490 - 499 means "Made in Japan"), don't know what else to say.

Edited by Nightsky - 06/05/2019 at 10:45am
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 11:25am

Well, it seems you have missed one of my previous comments where I was referring to the EAN code, now called GTIN. If EAN / GTIN tells the story, as you said so yourself, then the code on my T05 Hard package and the Harimoto ALC package says 490 in the first three digits (450 - 459 and 490 - 499 means "Made in Japan"), don't know what else to say.

it is just confirming that it is made by Japan, but as I said earlier some could be made in Europe and therefore , code is the only way to know.
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 7:42am
just bought an apolonia zlc. In the box i read tbe, where is it produced?
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

Europe, most likely Austria, look for barcode number, first numbers ( 2 or 3)tell about country of manufacturer

Edited by osmar92 - 06/06/2019 at 9:16am
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 2:15pm
if they are made in eu...isn’t it misleading for us? We buy made in japan quality...
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 2:49pm

Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

Europe, most likely Austria, look for barcode number, first numbers ( 2 or 3)tell about country of manufacturer

this in the blade itself or in the package?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic