Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the "it" abs ball right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Alisha_Hooksit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha_Hooksit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 7:53am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

DF V40+ is far underrated. The latter batches of 2019 are a great quality product. Give it a try, anyway ...

More players should make this discovery, not only does the DF V4O+ play quite similar yet with softer feel to the vaunted NP, they only cost $1/ball.
Sponsored Links

aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Alisha_Hooksit Alisha_Hooksit wrote:

DF V40+ is far underrated. The latter batches of 2019 are a great quality product. Give it a try, anyway ...

More players should make this discovery, not only does the DF V4O+ play quite similar yet with softer feel to the vaunted NP, they only cost $1/ball.
if anyone in the nyc area wants to try one, PM me--I get this ball to run college tournaments with

the latter batches of this ball are indeed quite good. when I first started running the tournaments back when the plastic ball just became a thing... they were complete garbage and quite literally 'exploded' when hit on the edge of a racket. the quality is a lot better now.
Alisha_Hooksit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha_Hooksit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

Originally posted by Alisha_Hooksit Alisha_Hooksit wrote:

if anyone in the nyc area wants to try one, PM me--I get this ball to run college tournaments with

the latter batches of this ball are indeed quite good. when I first started running the tournaments back when the plastic ball just became a thing... they were complete garbage and quite literally 'exploded' when hit on the edge of a racket. the quality is a lot better now.
FYI to anyone wanting to buy and try them, tabletennisonly.com sells a box of 10 for only $9.49
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 6:41pm
I tried the V40+ with the team world cup logo on the box, these were not good. Would not buy again.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 8:37pm

I haven't tried playing with the round stone but I guess feeling will be similar to DF balls. They are high quality and very strong but feel so hard. Too hard for our team. We use them to break in new rubbers LOL
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

I tried the V40+ with the team world cup logo on the box, these were not good. Would not buy again.
Same here! Initially I thought maybe it was just one bad ball but the entire box sucked. I tried to give them away for free but nobody wanted them...LOL
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 10:41pm
hm.. dunno about the quality control of the DF V40+ balls then since so many people are bashing it

-shrug- the batch I have seem to have gotten good reviews from everyone that I play with
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 7:45am
   IMPROVED V40+ IN RED BOXes.

Some people like it much better than the blue boxes. The blue boxes is an preceding product of June 2018
   RED BOXES. Manufacture Date is April 2019    
   X = 0
   D = 4
   A = 1
   I = 9

0.48 USD per one.
Happy acquirement, anyway.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32813934450.html

PS//   This seller still has a stock of both blue and red boxes. Be sure to ask for RED boxes/

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 07/03/2019 at 7:50am
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 12:35pm
D40+ with DING NING logo i recently received are still good. My choice of balls these days over anything else on the market right now.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 2:58pm
I still think Nittakus are the best, but pricey.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I still think Nittakus are the best, but pricey.

Unless you step on it or have an unlucky day, they usually play pretty good for about 10 hours. They cost like a dollar fifty. I don't find them that expensive. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Unless you step on it or have an unlucky day, they usually play pretty good for about 10 hours. They cost like a dollar fifty. I don't find them that expensive. 

Cant find NP40+ anywhere cheaper than $2.66 per ball here in US. Thats pretty expensive for 2-3 sessions out of a ball.

D40+ however is around a dollar per ball and dont feel like a glass rock after 10 sessions.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

D40+ with DING NING logo i recently received are still good. My choice of balls these days over anything else on the market right now.

I like these because after 40 hours of use, they play better than any other ball I've tried. An NP40+ after 40hours of use is not a good ball.

Anyone else tried the BTY S40+ ? I liked it, very spinny, but am concerned that like the NP 40+ that it will lose spin and go glossy/glassy.

Edited by icontek - 07/10/2019 at 10:52pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic