Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

T05H vs D05 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T05H vs D05 ?
    Posted: 06/07/2019 at 12:38pm
Anyone used both? Care to compare?
Sponsored Links

andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 12:51pm
Tenergy €€€€
Dignics €€€€€

Player level  =
;-)
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 3:33pm
t05. t05h and d05 is garbage unless you are at a higher level. 
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Useless response like the rest of your posts on the forum. As usual added nothing of value. T stands for Tenergy, not Troll. 

And higher is a relative measure, and you have no idea of my level, so should I assume you're just stupid or you just don't speak English very well? Perhaps both.

Go back to the bridge where you trolls serve a purpose. 
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Useless response like the rest of your posts on the forum. As usual added nothing of value. T stands for Tenergy, not Troll. 

And higher is a relative measure, and you have no idea of my level, so should I assume you're just stupid or you just don't speak English very well? Perhaps both.

Go back to the bridge where you trolls serve a purpose. 

Ok fine, what's your level then? I"m not the first post in this thread that asked for it.

To answer your question. I used both. T05H is like t05 but spinnier and higher throw, things tend to overshoot cuz of harder sponge. 

D05 have a rather "tacky" top sheet compare to tenergy series. Serve and push tends to be low and spinny which is good. Things do tend to overshoot compare to tenergy 05. It feels like a lighter version of h3 turbo orange to me. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 06/07/2019 at 4:15pm
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 5:01pm
A friend of mine is using d05 now.  We have practiced a lot so I am making apples to apples comparison between d05 and t05/64.  I block a lot more of his loops off the end with d05.  I have to adjust my bat for a minute until i get used to it.

So he is making enough more spin to send my block a lot hifher and longer.  We have played for six years, so it isn't his technique or blade or anything else, just the d05.

However in matches it doesn't make a big difference in the score.  Too many other factors compared to simple loop v block.  But if you want to be unblockable in warmups d05 may help you there.

He also used t05h for a minute.  That rubber did nothing for him.   I hit with it and to le it was horrible.  I don't have the skills for t05h. So I agree with hunkeelin about the level for t05h, not for dignics.

For reference I am 1950, my friend is 1800.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 10:47pm
If you ask a bunch different people half of them are gonna tell you Dignics is better and half will say T05hard. It depends on your choice of blade, technique, and personal preference. You'll need to try them out for yourself to know for sure. Myself, I hated T05H on both wings. I tried it boosted and unboosted. Another guy I know says T05H is the best rubber ever made. 

Edited by ericd937 - 06/07/2019 at 10:47pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 2:26am

I've use both.  You can certainly tell that T05, T05H, and D05 are all related; there's a lot of similarity.  I could switch between these rubbers with minimal practice.  

I liked T05H on the FH because it's less bouncy and harder to over-hit with.  It's harder than D05 (or T05, of course).  I don't weigh my rubbers, but D05 seems heavier to me than either type of T05.  And it's got my bounce that T05H.

I've settled, for the moment, on using D05 on my BH.  I'm not using it on the FH because I like less-bounce rubbers there, like T05H or (my current choice) Nittaku Turbo Orange.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 4:36am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I've use both.  You can certainly tell that T05, T05H, and D05 are all related; there's a lot of similarity.  I could switch between these rubbers with minimal practice.  

I liked T05H on the FH because it's less bouncy and harder to over-hit with.  It's harder than D05 (or T05, of course).  I don't weigh my rubbers, but D05 seems heavier to me than either type of T05.  And it's got my bounce that T05H.

I've settled, for the moment, on using D05 on my BH.  I'm not using it on the FH because I like less-bounce rubbers there, like T05H or (my current choice) Nittaku Turbo Orange.

Yes, you can tell these rubbers are from the same general family, but I would argue that they are not so similar. T05H is just brick hard and so unforgiving. Honestly, one of my least favorite rubbers I've ever tried. At the same time, Dignics is one of the best rubbers I've ever tried. Much like Xiom's Vega series are from the same family, but Xiom Vega China and Xiom Vega Europe are significantly different rubbers. 
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 6:35am
Note that T0H like other hard rubbers is quite heavy. Thus your blade has to be on the lighter side, about 85g, to keep the overall bat weight below 192g.
Out of the package, My T0H weighed 77g and D05 70g.
This put my bat's weight to 202g, too heavy. The T05H cut to my bat's 150x156mm size weighed 54g with a couple layers of glue.
I have since replaced the T05H with my old T05 (several layers of glue) and kept the D05H, total bat weight is 193g.
BTW, the T05 has several layers of glue only because I didn't try to remove old layers for fear of damaging the rubber.
I wish that I could have kept the T05H though.

Edited by Tinykin - 06/08/2019 at 3:34pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 2:43pm
I never weigh my sheets of rubber, but I recently had cause to weigh several of my paddles to settle an argument with a friend.  I had these numbers:

1) Timo Boll ALC with T05H and T05 weight 193 gm.
2) Viscara with Turbo Orange and T80 weight 194 gm.
3) Nittaku tornado king speed with Turbo Orange and D05 weight 203 gm.

I think the Viscara blade is something like 87 gm by itself, the TB ALC is around 93 gm, and I think the Tornado is also around 93 gm.

I'm not really sure whether D05 is heavier than T05H.  It certainly has a lot more spring to it.  On the other hand, I don't consider T05H a "brick" as someone here described it.  
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 3:47pm
T05H is about 7grams per uncut sheet heavier than Dignics. My D05 is 69g uncut and when I tried T05H it was 76g. I had T05/T05H on a blade and the T05H has a longer, lower throw slightly more speed and was less bouncy. I feel like Dignics is an improved softer version of Spinart rather than an improved Tenergy. The top sheet of Dignics has that very slight tack just like Spinart which is also a spring sponge rubber except Spinart sponge was really like a brick

Edited by jpenmaster - 06/08/2019 at 3:50pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 5:31pm
Same here. Two D05 sheets (71g each), one T05H (77g), compared to many T05 sheets (average 69g). D05 does seem to have a slight tack; definitely picks up a lot more dust than T05.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 3:27am

I'm not really sure whether D05 is heavier than T05H.  It certainly has a lot more spring to it.  On the other hand, I don't consider T05H a "brick" as someone here described it.  

T05H is definitely heavier than D05. I just removed mine from the blade.
Both cut to 150x156mm.
D05 = 46g (glue removed)
T05H = 53g (glue removed)
So basically both together on a blade will be around 100g

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 2:27pm
I tend to agree with they guy that got called troll. For many players Tenergy and Dignics is proably a waste of money. I think a player need to be a at a certain level to be able to benefit from the rubbers. So for many players cheaper rubbers proably would get them the same results. But everyone need to test and see for themselves. 

I also think there is a tendency that players that are not so good want to use dignics, tenergy because they are suppose to be the best and all the pros use them. But these rubbers can proably limit their play and possibilites to become better because they are just to fast and spin sensitive for them. 
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

I tend to agree with they guy that got called troll. For many players Tenergy and Dignics is proably a waste of money. I think a player need to be a at a certain level to be able to benefit from the rubbers. So for many players cheaper rubbers proably would get them the same results. But everyone need to test and see for themselves. 

I also think there is a tendency that players that are not so good want to use dignics, tenergy because they are suppose to be the best and all the pros use them. But these rubbers can proably limit their play and possibilites to become better because they are just to fast and spin sensitive for them. 

I used to think this way.
But I know guys who are doing great with t05 both sides on a zjk blade......and guys who keep the same level for years playing donic vario both sides on a control blade.

so the final conclusion after studying all the data:
it depends on the player.
a good player will play good with any setup.
a bad player will play bad with any setup.
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 3:42pm
Yes of course. 

But i think any player will play worse if the gear is to fast and to sensitive to spin. And this is proably true for some players that are not so good. The players that do not have this problem maybe can benefit from tenergy and dignics and for them it is worth the money. 

I also think that players that are not good players yet, but want to become one will benefit from using other stuff than tenergy and dignics, and maybe aswell do not use the fastest blade available that the pros use. 

I have been a part time coach for a long time and kids or/and beginners or players that are not so good often chose to fast equipment because pros use them or they are suppose to be the best, but many times i think they do not benefit from this because they are not good enough to use the epensive equipment they buy. And like i said, i think it seriously limit their play and possiblities to develop as a player. 

You are proably true tho that good players can play good with alot of different stuff. I do not know if i am considered a good player, but i think i can play good enough with other rubbers than tenergy. So personally i do not think it is worth the money. 
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

Yes of course. 

But i think any player will play worse if the gear is to fast and to sensitive to spin. And this is proably true for some players that are not so good. The players that do not have this problem maybe can benefit from tenergy and dignics and for them it is worth the money. 

I also think that players that are not good players yet, but want to become one will benefit from using other stuff than tenergy and dignics, and maybe aswell do not use the fastest blade available that the pros use. 

I have been a part time coach for a long time and kids or/and beginners or players that are not so good often chose to fast equipment because pros use them or they are suppose to be the best, but many times i think they do not benefit from this because they are not good enough to use the epensive equipment they buy. And like i said, i think it seriously limit their play and possiblities to develop as a player. 

You are proably true tho that good players can play good with alot of different stuff. I do not know if i am considered a good player, but i think i can play good enough with other rubbers than tenergy. So personally i do not think it is worth the money. 

I used to play zjk + t05 both sides for long time.
recently changed to chinese rubbers and the slowest blade I could find.
no big difference really, I beat the same guys, the same guys beat me....

it's the sad truth, but it's all about you.
equipment plays a really small part.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/10/2019 at 7:53pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 7:23pm
First, I'll disagree with jpenmaster.  I don't think D05 is related to SpinArt; I find them quite different. To me, D05 is either a faster version of t05 or a spinier version of T80, depending upon how you look at it.  SpinArt is more like one of the Chinese hybrid rubbers, such as Nittaku Turbo Orange. And I've played with all of these rubbers.

I also want to comment on Lula's remark that it's a bad for beginners to use these rubbers.  I've seen a lot of beginners (or people who just have poor technique) using Tenergy and I would say it's more a waste of money, rather than hurting their game.  They just don't have the skill set to take advantage of those advanced rubbers.  So no harm done, except to waste money.  Where my thinking lines up with Lula is with faster or stiff paddles.  Those are much harder to control and generally have less feel (less dwell time, for one thing).  So most beginners/low level players better off staying away from such paddles.  Even then, however, it depends upon their style.  Maybe the player just smashes or just fast-blocks?  Given a choice, I direct beginners to something like a Stiga classic All+ with modest rubbers (perhaps an H3 variant, but it could also be a Euro rubber that isn't too aggressive).  That's the  best way to learn.  I've just see a lot of exceptions to that rule.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 7:43am
Hi,

Quick question: Does Dignics shrink?

Thanks,  
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,  

So far, I've experienced minimal shrinkage with Dignics, but it does shrink a tiny bit. It isn't very much compared with some of the ESN stuff I've tried. Gewo Nexxus El Pro 48 shrinks like crazy. 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,  

So far, I've experienced minimal shrinkage with Dignics, but it does shrink a tiny bit. It isn't very much compared with some of the ESN stuff I've tried. Gewo Nexxus El Pro 48 shrinks like crazy. 

Thank you!
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:14pm
I like T05H much better than dignics in all departments!
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:45pm

First, I'll disagree with jpenmaster.  I don't think D05 is related to SpinArt; I find them quite different. To me, D05 is either a faster version of t05 or a spinier version of T80, depending upon how you look at it.  SpinArt is more like one of the Chinese hybrid rubbers, such as Nittaku Turbo Orange. And I've played with all of these rubbers.

I also want to comment on Lula's remark that it's a bad for beginners to use these rubbers.  I've seen a lot of beginners (or people who just have poor technique) using Tenergy and I would say it's more a waste of money, rather than hurting their game.  They just don't have the skill set to take advantage of those advanced rubbers.  So no harm done, except to waste money.  Where my thinking lines up with Lula is with faster or stiff paddles.  Those are much harder to control and generally have less feel (less dwell time, for one thing).  So most beginners/low level players better off staying away from such paddles.  Even then, however, it depends upon their style.  Maybe the player just smashes or just fast-blocks?  Given a choice, I direct beginners to something like a Stiga classic All+ with modest rubbers (perhaps an H3 variant, but it could also be a Euro rubber that isn't too aggressive).  That's the  best way to learn.  I've just see a lot of exceptions to that rule.

Beginers make more easy mistakes with high performance rubbers and blades 2 hyper speed loops that land and 40 easy misses
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 6:35pm
"I used to play zjk + t05 both sides for long time.
recently changed to chinese rubbers and the slowest blade I could find.
no big difference really, I beat the same guys, the same guys beat me....

it's the sad truth, but it's all about you.
equipment plays a really small part."

I am not sure I agree. Equipment plays a significant part, IMO. I used to play with Photino, and I did downgrade to Viscaria (downgrade in terms of speed). I did try other blades, such as Nittaku Barwell (excellent!) before I settled on Viscaria.
Sure the pros will still beat you with lesser equipment than they usually do. But there is a limit.

I would definitely not be able to do as much with these paddles..., as Im sure you would not prefer to use these paddles either....

FdT

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 10:13pm
I have been using T05/T64 for the past three years, and have been hesitant to make the switch of either T05H and Dignics.  I don't see myself making the switch from T05 and T64 because I'm too comfortable with both rubbers, and I'm just tired of testing and making adjustments with new rubbers towards my game.  

Having the newest equipment doesn't automatically make you the best player.  It all comes down to your playing style and technique refinement.  The past weekend, my friend (~1980, RSM GMax w/ Donic Bluefire M1 + Grass DtecS) beat a 2100+ (Super ZJK + x2 Dignics 05) player consecutively, and I (~1800, JP I-S w/ x2 Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft) came very close to beating the same player.  
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 7:54am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I have been using T05/T64 for the past three years, and have been hesitant to make the switch of either T05H and Dignics.  I don't see myself making the switch from T05 and T64 because I'm too comfortable with both rubbers, and I'm just tired of testing and making adjustments with new rubbers towards my game.  

Having the newest equipment doesn't automatically make you the best player.  It all comes down to your playing style and technique refinement.  The past weekend, my friend (~1980, RSM GMax w/ Donic Bluefire M1 + Grass DtecS) beat a 2100+ (Super ZJK + x2 Dignics 05) player consecutively, and I (~1800, JP I-S w/ x2 Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft) came very close to beating the same player.  

You said you have used T05/T64 for 3 years and THEN say you played with "JP I-S w/ x2 Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft" ????
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

You said you have used T05/T64 for 3 years and THEN say you played with "JP I-S w/ x2 Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft" ????

LOL
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 9:19am

Hi,

Thanks,  

Yes, your purse.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

I like T05H much better than dignics in all departments!

That surprises me. I absolutely hated T05H. Its just too damn hard and unforgiving. The one and only thing I found T05H to better than Dignics in was ease of spin production on service. I found Dignics to be superior in every other aspect of play.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic