Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Falco Long Booster vs haifu seamoon booster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falco Long Booster vs haifu seamoon booster
    Posted: 06/08/2019 at 1:02pm
Hello i want to boost my Joola Golden Tango because i need a little bit more speed on the forehand and a little bit more controll on the backhand,

which booster is better for this hybrid rubber haifu seamoon booster or falco long booster,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i want to boost the Donic Barracuda, i heard it is very good boosted, which booster should i use here, and how many layers should i use on these rubbers, i think the golden tango needs two layers and baracuda one layer, ? right ? :)

thank you very much

i play these rubbers on a fast blade (gewo sensus carbo speed = little bit slower than a viscaria but also very fast)...
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 3:44pm
 I think falco long is much bettter since it is more gentle on the rubber. Seamoon has greater speed glue effect but evaporates faster. 

Edited by yogi_bear - 06/08/2019 at 3:44pm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

Hello i want to boost my Joola Golden Tango because i need a little bit more speed on the forehand and a little bit more controll on the backhand,

which booster is better for this hybrid rubber haifu seamoon booster or falco long booster,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i want to boost the Donic Barracuda, i heard it is very good boosted, which booster should i use here, and how many layers should i use on these rubbers, i think the golden tango needs two layers and baracuda one layer, ? right ? :)

thank you very much

i play these rubbers on a fast blade (gewo sensus carbo speed = little bit slower than a viscaria but also very fast)...

You are in Germany, get TRF.
Why have to mess with the worst and 2nd worst booster on Earth?
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 10:41pm
Has anybody used this 3T Speed/Spin Booster? Sorry the photo came out sideways.

lljosefll View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lljosefll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2021 at 11:32pm
Just want to add my 2 cents to this topic. I’ve used this forum as a reference for many equipment questions I’ve had over the years and now it’s time for me to give back. 

Both HAIFU Seamoon and Falco Temp Long have a 3 month maximum effect. I prefer HAIFU Seamoon over Falco Temp Long because the brush is bigger and it seems to be thicker and easier to apply for me but the effects are exactly the same in my opinion.

Adding a glue layer then applying the booster once it dries will prevent over boosting and slow down the absorption of the booster into the sponge. Too much booster can cause the top sheet to separate from the sponge. 

Both boosters are parafin oil based. Harder particularly dense Chinese sponge benefit the most from these boosters and can take more layers. 1-3 layers max waiting a full 24 hours between applications. Softer more porous sponges such as ESN tensor and bty should only take 1 layer in my opinion. Legit boosting is a long ass process and can take a full week to do correctly. Because of this I have two identical sheets I have in a rotation so I’m never waiting. 

Both boosters provide the same effect by softening the sponge. Manufacturers recommend to wait for rubber to flatten out before gluing it onto the blade and I agree with there recommendations. Gluing the rubber while it’s curled will cause the rubber to perform in a way not intended by the manufacturer and you will find inconsistencies in the performance of the rubber as it essentially flattens out while it’s on your blade.

Lastly booster is a great way to bring life back to those rubber sheets that you have laying around that aren’t glued to a blade. Granted that the top sheet still had grip and hasn’t turned it anti spin. Dead rubbers typically will have a reverse dome where the sponge side cups upwards. Applying booster and waiting for the rubber to flatten out will effectively bring them back to factory tension . 

I hope this helps you equipment junkies out there and although boosters works well, they will never be as good as speed glue was all those years ago lol but it’s nice it lasts for up to 3 months. I’ve been speed gluing and boosting my entire 15 years of competitive table tennis using ultra pure parafin oil after the speed glue ban up until the point I discovered these boosters and I have to admit that these work much better.

Edited by lljosefll - 10/14/2021 at 12:19am
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 3:22am
Barracuda is good boosted,I used Falco long 3 or 4 layers on top of Elmer's rubber cement and it became very lively and the highest throw angle of any rubber I've used including T05,on Allround classic it was too high for my liking,on Wosik carbon it was very nice.
However the effect did not last anything like as long as expected and dropped off dramatically after 9 days.
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

lljosefll View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lljosefll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 11:24am
I would recommend trying a long booster product like haifu seamoon or falco temp long which should provide a similar effect and lock in the performance for 2-3 months. 
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 3:23pm
Hello, my Friend.
Good to hear you still boosting rubbers as hell. You are most welcome to enter our Infamous Kingdom of Ping Pong Cheaters.
Come on, my dear, take your chance..
These presents is signed in person by
His Smelly Majesty,
King Skunk XXIII

Edited by igorponger - 10/18/2021 at 12:53pm
lljosefll View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lljosefll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 6:48pm
I really don’t know what to say other than technically boosting isn’t changing the characteristics of the top sheet therefore I don’t consider it cheating it simply softens the sponge but to each there own I suppose. 
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 8:56pm
I rather consider applying Falco as disadvantage than cheater.
- It softens sponge while many top performance rubber is becoming harder.
- It adds more weight to the total bat (5-10grs)
- It reduce the tackiness of the topsheet while many expensive rubber trying to maintain it.
- Not much speed (slowest booster)
- It kills the Chinese rubber as loosening the glue between ts and sp.
yet still be seeing as a cheater in game.

If you want to cheat, be smart.
Falco is not a booster
lljosefll View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lljosefll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 9:55pm
Personally the only rubber sheets I boost are neo h2 and neo h3 on my forehand and the increase in speed is pretty substantial. 
waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2021 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by lljosefll lljosefll wrote:

Both boosters provide the same effect by softening the sponge. Manufacturers recommend to wait for rubber to flatten out before gluing it onto the blade and I agree with there recommendations. Gluing the rubber while it’s curled will cause the rubber to perform in a way not intended by the manufacturer and you will find inconsistencies in the performance of the rubber as it essentially flattens out while it’s on your blade.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Kind of in line with what you're saying, in my experience, if you glue rubbers while they're curled, performance is optimal after about a week. 
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2021 at 1:14pm
    THE ONLY BLESSED NATION.
Maniac (from Greek μανιακός, maniakos) is a pejorative for an individual who experiences the mood known as mania. In common usage, it is also a true definition for someone involved in reckless boosting on table tennis rubbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mania

JAPANESE nation seems to be the only society voided of the mental disorders, to all evidence. They never took to boosting, they nor using nor trading the such.

Edited by igorponger - 10/18/2021 at 1:40pm
lljosefll View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lljosefll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2021 at 2:32pm
Thank you for you analysis Igor. It’s very apparent that you are against boosting rubbers. On the same note however. I’ve only boosted Chinese rubbers because they are literally meant to be boosted. Japanese rubber sheets like butterfly I would never use booster on. These rubbers are very advanced and are at optimal performance just as they are. I feel this way about most of the newer modern rubbers as well from other manufacturers and those that come with esn tensor sponges. They definitely perform best as is.
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2021 at 8:26am
I'd say I cannot complain after slightly boosting my Fastarc G-1. But indeed, boosters are essentials for Chinese hard sponges to become dynamic enough. I know that table tennis forums are full of Incredible Hulks who claim they play effectively with very hard unboosted Hurricane 3 and alikes, but in the high-level tt, there's hardly someone who delivers good results without boosting 
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by darkmoor darkmoor wrote:

I'd say I cannot complain after slightly boosting my Fastarc G-1. But indeed, boosters are essentials for Chinese hard sponges to become dynamic enough. I know that table tennis forums are full of Incredible Hulks who claim they play effectively with very hard unboosted Hurricane 3 and alikes, but in the high-level tt, there's hardly someone who delivers good results without boosting 

But they don't use Falco.
There are boosters call TRF (European players) and Nittaku Speed Axel (Japan)
Falco is not a booster
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2021 at 3:50am
Well, we don't know what every particular player uses to boost his stuff. And while the top pros perhaps use very different stuff, I can imagine Falco can be used on different levels.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

THE ONLY BLESSED NATION.
Maniac (from Greek μανιακός, maniakos) is a pejorative for an individual who experiences the mood known as mania. In common usage, it is also a true definition for someone involved in reckless boosting on table tennis rubbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mania

JAPANESE nation seems to be the only society voided of the mental disorders, to all evidence. They never took to boosting, they nor using nor trading the such.

You re wrong ,japanese national team boost their rubbers with axel.
Its your hatewhat it makes you post  this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic