Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

dr neubauer killer vs victas 101

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dr neubauer killer vs victas 101
    Posted: 06/11/2019 at 12:50pm
Can someone give me a comparison in control, speed, spin, deception (sink ball) and weight of these 2 pip rubbers?

THanks!
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 2:13pm
I used Killer for a while. It's a cool pip. It hits like an SP, but with MP funkiness and better control. I found the 1.5mm the best thickness. I bought two. Selling one cheap if anyone's interested. Explosion is also known to be good. Never tried Victas 101; however, I'm using VS-401 and loving it.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 5:01pm
imho killer is too difficult to master for standard short pip players. I know only one player who is using it succesfully on a high level but he plays it like it's a long pip using chop blocks and side swipes.

If you want a funky short pip stick with tibhar speedy soft dtecs.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 9:40pm
Is the killer pips not very grippy and quite long for a short pips?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:28am
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

Can someone give me a comparison in control, speed, spin, deception (sink ball) and weight of these 2 pip rubbers?

THanks!

Killer or killer.pro?
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:33am
just killer. Pro too hard sponge.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

just killer. Pro too hard sponge.

Do they have same topsheet?
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:21pm
I believe they do but the sponge hardness' r different thats all
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 10:26pm
Killer and Victas 101 are nothing alike! Killer is more like a MP and is difficult to control.  My friend played with it for a while and had a couple of good wins, but he also had some terrible losses because he couldn't control it very well.
He went back to Victas 101 in 1.8 mm and played much better. Victas 101 is a short pip that has a fairly low trajectory and is good for blocking.  I've also played with the new Explosion and it's not bad, but I like the Victas rubbers better.  Another very good SP is Materialspezialist Fire Storm.  This rubber blocks and attacks well and can do just about everything.  

Best of luck
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 4:24pm
Hey Dave,

If you like the Firestorm. you would really like the new Firestorm Soft version.
Dr. Cho
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Killer and Victas 101 are nothing alike! Killer is more like a MP and is difficult to control.  My friend played with it for a while and had a couple of good wins, but he also had some terrible losses because he couldn't control it very well.
He went back to Victas 101 in 1.8 mm and played much better. Victas 101 is a short pip that has a fairly low trajectory and is good for blocking.  I've also played with the new Explosion and it's not bad, but I like the Victas rubbers better.  Another very good SP is Materialspezialist Fire Storm.  This rubber blocks and attacks well and can do just about everything.  

Best of luck

Thanks for the advice! Do you know a pip that is similar too 101? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic