Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genius/ hexer generation rubber compare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genius/ hexer generation rubber compare
    Posted: 07/01/2019 at 3:57pm
I wanted to start a topic to compare tibhar genius, andro hexer, donic baracuda, joola x-plode, xiom vega pro and nittaku fastarc g-1. These are the base models that are based on the t05 kind of pip structure. 

In general, I feel like these rubbers work really well with the abs balls, pretty good spin on most basic strokes, decent speed when paired with an off ply and most of all, they grab/bite the ball well. They might not have enough pace /kick for the FH of really high level competitive players, but they sure as hell work really well for the bh.

Best thing abt these rubbers is that they don't really have that shitty performance drop within a few weeks and shrinkage that every new gen rubbers have. Also, their topsheets work pretty well with the abs balls, can get plenty of spin. 

I've tried the vega pro and hexer for a few days and used the g-1and baracuda for a few months. If I were to compare these, it'd be like this :-
1. Spin on soft strokes (topsheet only strokes like serves, loops) 
    Bara>Hexer> vp> g-1
2. Spin on Harder strokes (topsheet+sponge)
    G-1> bara>hexer>vp
3. Speed/ bounce 
   Hexer >bara> g-1> vp
4. Power/speed on full strokes 
   G-1> hexer > vp>Bara 
5. Blocking ease. 
     Vp>g-1>hexer>Bara 

I have tried these on different blades so my findings may be off, but I would really like if someone can atleast compare the g-1( my current fave for my bh) to the tibhar genius. One thing I'd like to improve on the g-1 is a bit more easy topsheet spin. Basically, if the genius is something in between the hexer and the g-1, that would be perfect. 

1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Sponsored Links

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Basically, if the genius is something in between the hexer and the g-1, that would be perfect. 

Well, that's pretty much exactly it. But Genius pip structure is more similar to T80.
The ball sinks more into the sponge, fine brush like baracuda not so good but drive is better.
I'd say it's most suitable for BH.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 5:52am
Gotcha! I've noticed that even though the g-1 has a pretty hard topsheet I don't really get a lot of spin unless I dig into thr sponge Atleast a bit. With baracuda and hexer I do get decent spin even without much sponge activation. So yeah, so that means genius is more In line with the g-1. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 8:29am
I agree but Genius has less grip and power than g-1, but a bit more control. plays a tad softer
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2019 at 3:01pm
Got the genius, been using it for a week now, pretty much how you described it hozuki. It feels similar to a tenergy 80 with a bit more dwell. Out of all l the rubbers in this gen that iv tried  previously, I really like genius the best, perfect balance overall, especially for a bh rubber. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Got the genius, been using it for a week now, pretty much how you described it hozuki. It feels similar to a tenergy 80 with a bit more dwell. Out of all l the rubbers in this gen that iv tried  previously, I really like genius the best, perfect balance overall, especially for a bh rubber. 

Glad you like it! I would also play it on bh but since I decided to boost all my rubbers it would only last me 8 weeks and that's a bit expensive. Luckily, I found a perfect subsitute, mercury 2 medium (37deg) strongly boosted, plays like something in between genius and g-1, and is just as fast and spinny with even better control. Cheap as hell and performs like a champ.
But boosted genius is also strong.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2019 at 6:22am
Don't really want to get into the hassle of boosting, however iv definitely like the yinhe mercury, decent rubber for the price, guess I should give mercury 2 a try too, can atleast suggest it to others starting off. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic