FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

compression clothing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: compression clothing
    Posted: 07/07/2019 at 8:50am
Anyone used them before?
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 9:41am
Liu Shiwen always did.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 2:22am
Please stay away from it unless you are a chick.
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 3:06am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Could you elaborate?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 6:47am

Why? You could always wear it underneath long pants and shirt LOL
-------
Viscaria

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 10:09am
Not so great in sumner.
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 11:13am
Great especially in summer as long as it is good quality. 
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 11:16am

I think everyone wears under their normal gear, so you can open your eyes now.
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 7:26pm
I use compression socks for recovery after a session involving lots of footwork or after a long weekend tournament/giant RR (and after running). They work really well to reduce swelling in the feet and lower legs.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I think everyone wears under their normal gear, so you can open your eyes now.

That's what you think Sleepy

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

I use compression socks for recovery after a session involving lots of footwork or after a long weekend tournament/giant RR (and after running). They work really well to reduce swelling in the feet and lower legs.

Hi Odie, thanks! Have you tried them on the legs and/or upper body?
-------
Viscaria

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 8:46am

Liu Shiwen wearing therapeutical pants. Again, the compression underwear is known to make your legs stronger.
https://fellrnr.com/wiki/Why_compression_clothes

Edited by igorponger - 07/09/2019 at 8:50am
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 12:14pm
"Please stay away from it unless you are a chick."

Are you the fashion police?

Why would anyone care who wears these or not?
And why women can and men should not? makes no sense!

FdT

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Liu Shiwen wearing therapeutical pants. Again, the compression underwear is known to make your legs stronger.

If you actually read that entry you find that the majority of studies showed no effect.  If it works for you, use them.
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 4:53pm
I used compression arm /elbow similar to I think bernadette szocs and tennis Raonic ... it can help reduce any damaging effects to the elbow and help stabilise the joint. 

I continue to use the compression as it also acts as a sweat sponge. No more moisture dripping down the fingers on to the rubber or the handle. 
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by man_iii man_iii wrote:

I used compression arm /elbow similar to I think bernadette szocs and tennis Raonic ... it can help reduce any damaging effects to the elbow and help stabilise the joint. 

I continue to use the compression as it also acts as a sweat sponge. No more moisture dripping down the fingers on to the rubber or the handle. 

Same here
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 6:21pm
I have not tried compression gear on my upper legs (above the knee), but did used to wear compression t-shirts when I played a lot of contact sports and lifted weights. I never felt any major benefit or faster recovery in my upper body, but I was a lot younger then so maybe I didn't need the help! But having a tight shirt can feel good sometimes, so I would say go for it.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Same here

how compressive such a full-arm long sleeve is? I had tennis players elbow and used a highly compressive strap just below my elbow, then I changed it into neoprene sleeve on my elbow (which is also very tight), now it seems I'm ok, so maybe I should change to such sleeve to retain some protection for my forearm... 
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 10:21pm
After many years of karate, weightlifting and table tennis, my calves and knees are pretty bad. I use compression sleeves with embedded kinetic tapes for my calves and they seem to do the job. They feel like they’re keeping my calves firmly in place. Really gives me a little additional piece of mind.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 2:18am
Originally posted by nachalnik nachalnik wrote:

After many years of karate, weightlifting and table tennis, my calves and knees are pretty bad. I use compression sleeves with embedded kinetic tapes for my calves and they seem to do the job. They feel like they’re keeping my calves firmly in place. Really gives me a little additional piece of mind.

interesting. never heard of embedded kinetic tapes in compression clothing. Are they somehow sticky patches in the fabric (that's how I should understand their embedding...?) (like usual kinetic tapes) or more like more normal but more compressive -firmer zones in the fabric?
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Same here

how compressive such a full-arm long sleeve is? I had tennis players elbow and used a highly compressive strap just below my elbow, then I changed it into neoprene sleeve on my elbow (which is also very tight), now it seems I'm ok, so maybe I should change to such sleeve to retain some protection for my forearm... 

I can't say. Mine is by Nike. It is not very tight and is much more comfortable than using them straps. I think that part of the benefit is that as soon as you start playing the whole arm warms up.
BTW, you never 'had' tennis elbow. It will comeback if you don't treat yourself properly.
Suggestion: proper applicable warm ups before practice. stick to the same type/weight bats. And, maybe controversial; on the stroke, emphasise your body/legs and less of your shoulder. Chop and block (elbow down) more often.
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 5:34am

BTW, you never 'had' tennis elbow. It will comeback if you don't treat yourself properly.
Suggestion: proper applicable warm ups before practice. stick to the same type/weight bats. And, maybe controversial; on the stroke, emphasise your body/legs and less of your shoulder. Chop and block (elbow down) more often.

there is some truth in that Cry

the thing is that you have to work with your elbow when the tendinitis is healed by to strengthen your forearm muscles (like flexing your wrist up and down or twisting with a dumbbell... ect..). I am, but from time to time LOL

it seems the most dangerous stroke (for me..) is not a FH topspin or smash, but a BH smash. When you want to punch the high ball by extending your forearm abruptly... 

Edited by Simas - 07/15/2019 at 5:36am
DHS Hurricane Neo3
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 7:59pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 1:16am
Originally posted by nachalnik nachalnik wrote:

Compression sleeve with kinetic tape looks like this: https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/p-tex-kinetic-calf-sleeve-16pteaptxclfspprtspm/16pteaptxclfspprtspm?camp=CSE:DSG_92700040962876907_lia_pla-471607845967&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgdiGvJC44wIVjJ6zCh3nownYEAQYASABEgK8XvD_BwE

Thumbs Up 
looks interesting. something in between the normal compression sleeve and kinesiology tape I suppose
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 3:58am

Strange, UK people are blocked from visiting the site.

"We're sorry to say that due to the General Data Protection Regulation, visitors from your location are unable to browse our web store."

Lol, I think the proprietor needs to change the name of the storeTongue

Edited by Tinykin - 07/16/2019 at 4:01am
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2019 at 6:11am
I bought a set of ASICS compression clothing for cheap, and it does feel warmer than your typical exercise shirts...I also felt that it stabilised the joints better, but it actually takes more effort to do the normal strokes as you have to overcome the resistance in the compression clothing.... definitely have to get used to it! But definitely feels good hah...
-------
Viscaria

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2019 at 9:26am
You should be able to get all your compression gear from Place B0.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2020 at 8:16pm
What brand is?
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

If you actually read that entry you find that the majority of studies showed no effect.  If it works for you, use them.

What brand of compression short does she use? 
Victor? 2XU?

Edited by scdit46 - 12/22/2020 at 8:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic