Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orange 40+ ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange 40+ ?
    Posted: 07/16/2019 at 2:25pm
Hey all....have been away but playing still.   I had gotten some of the orange DHS 40+ balls from HK when they first were almost availalbe.   They seem to play like a 2 star but not too bad...not as strong as the white ones that first came out...which I still have a lot of thankfully after reading about the DHS ball situation now.

i recall some info and opinions of the Nittaku variants...but none were good awhile ago.  

What is the current state of orange 40+ balls?   No one has got it right yet still?
Sponsored Links

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 4:06pm
Stick to white and forget about orange.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 4:52pm
Our club players like the orange Nittaku balls.  I can't tell the difference.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Stick to white and forget about orange.
x2, 
I was thinking to get some orange balls, but I cancelled my order after I found out that rubbers would come in new colors (incl. Orange) after next year.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 8:38pm
The walls at our club are white so I prefer the orange balls, I cant tell any playing difference between the white or orange I still win or lose to the same players..
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 9:52pm
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32900326863.html

Nice orange balls, indeed.

qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 1:40am
I tried a few of the orange plastic balls.

Nittaku - plays very nice, best if $$$ is no object

DHS two color white/orange, best bang for the buck, plays very good.

DHS D40+ and Doublefish V40+, don't play exactly like the white versions. Wouldn't buy these again.

I asked zeropong about orange P40+ balls, they told me that making the balls orange changes the hardness of the balls, so they are not making P40+ in orange.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 2:37am
I acquired some orange DHS and Nittaku 3 star balls but none of my clubmates liked them.  They don't spin as much as white, which is already a problem for white plastic balls.  At this point, I only have one ball left of each and no one wants to play with them.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2019 at 8:26am
Igor...those are what I have been using in white and orange...

I had a feeling the orange balls formulation was going to be an issue with the new balls.......and so it is.  DHS did a pretty good job though...close.....but no Cgar. 

Going back to the white ones as I feel the DHS 40+ balls are the best......unless someone wants to fund my play with brand new Nittaku's for every match....cause that is how long they last before getting all slippery and glassy.  They also feel lighter/softer to me over the DHS 40+.  I had read many comments when Nittaku came out with their version(s) of the orange 40+......almost all comments where they were slow/soft. 

Thanks for your comments all. 
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2019 at 9:19am
Been using the Nittaku J-Top in orange ever since they came out and they really seem identical to the white ones. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Been using the Nittaku J-Top in orange ever since they came out and they really seem identical to the white ones. 

So the coating wears off in under 40 hours of play and they get glossy, spinless and awful?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Our club players like the orange Nittaku balls.  I can't tell the difference.

+1 They play great
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 2:35am
(#21)   DJ 40+    just came up in ITTF approval list
D40+ spinnier version, less durability though.
meant to be played in Japan Olympics 2020.

/Be happy/

Edited by igorponger - 12/24/2019 at 2:43am
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 2:53am
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 5:14am
Nittaku Nexcel 40+ orange balls and DHS D40+ orange balls are available on Amazon.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 8:48am

Orange plays better and new DHS play like old 3 star premium white nittakus
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 9:52am
To me, one good thing about the 40+ plastic balls was the fact they were all white. Now "they" are taking that away too???
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 10:43am
Then you have never played in a racquetball court or another hall with bright white walls.  More choices are better.  
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Interesting you should say that...

Everyone I knew in the days of celluloid balls played with orange.  That's was here in the USA, of course, since the rest of the world mostly used white.  When the 40+ balls came out only in white, there was a lot of complaining, including on this forum.  Now, it seems that everyone I know prefers only white.  

When the orange DHS and Nittaku 40+ balls came out, I got some of each.  No one wanted to play with them.  Paddle Palace, which runs some local tournaments, tried orange for one tournament and the outcry was so loud they immediately switched back to white.  And even now, I keep a bag of practice balls at my club, all of which are white except two orange balls.  Everyone I hit with makes snide remarks when we get to the orange balls.

Personally, I'm skeptical that orange balls behave much different than white, although some small difference might be possible (just as black rubbers tend to grip slightly better than red).  People don't like change is what I mostly see.  So give them one color and stick to it.

Or two colors: I really think a two color balls would help the game.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2019 at 2:30pm
If ball manufacturers can't consistently produce a single color ball (look at the difference in play between XuShaoFa white, DHS white and Nittaku white) why would you assume that they can produce a ball that plays similar white to orange?

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Interesting you should say that...

Everyone I knew in the days of celluloid balls played with orange.  That's was here in the USA, of course, since the rest of the world mostly used white.  When the 40+ balls came out only in white, there was a lot of complaining, including on this forum.  Now, it seems that everyone I know prefers only white.  

When the orange DHS and Nittaku 40+ balls came out, I got some of each.  No one wanted to play with them.  Paddle Palace, which runs some local tournaments, tried orange for one tournament and the outcry was so loud they immediately switched back to white.  And even now, I keep a bag of practice balls at my club, all of which are white except two orange balls.  Everyone I hit with makes snide remarks when we get to the orange balls.

Personally, I'm skeptical that orange balls behave much different than white, although some small difference might be possible (just as black rubbers tend to grip slightly better than red).  People don't like change is what I mostly see.  So give them one color and stick to it.

Or two colors: I really think a two color balls would help the game.

2 color  balls would be an excuse  to make more expensive balls
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic