Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vasile Buzatu ~2300 pushblocker, frictionless lp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVasile Buzatu ~2300 pushblocker, frictionless lp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Man this is just terrible to watch :D it looks like it's a completely different sport. That style takes away any athletic elements and just tries to destroy the 'regular' game.

i know it's allowed but i wonder why one would like to play that style? just to increase your winning percentage? I'd rather quit then.

As someone said previously some people enjoy winning the point offensively and some enjoy watching others lose by making mistakes. Same type of people will play inverted both sides and just push/chop block everything, so its not rubber specific, but of course frictionless lp does help with forcing more errors.

I always thought people that play like this, whether they use junk rubber or not, have weaknesses that they try to compensate by playing of the forced errors of their opponent.

Defensively this guy is a wall, but you can tell he is mentally weak, it takes a special kind of person to "cho" in your opponent's face when they make an error.

How cho-ing at a mistake mentally weak? lol...

They make errors BECAUSE of what the push-blocker is doing. Part of his strategy is sending over balls that will create those mistakes, which is certainly cho worthy in my book! 

I play that way and love doing it! Letting the other person feel that they CAN'T beat you, no matter what they do is a glorious feeling! They can't out-block, can't outpush, can't out-dink, can't out you name it... seeing THEM mentally crumble (or usually blame the rubber LOLLOL) is very sweet, indeed. 

Let me rephrase for you...  i THINK he is mentally weak because he cho’s on forced errors to his opponents face . There... better? It’s an opinion now so you can take it or leave it.

As for your style of play. I’m glad you found what works for you, as long as it makes you happy. Just remember no one is going to be admiring his style of play 5-10-15 years from now, no one is going to clap for the excitement of the rallies that are shown in that video, and no one really is going to see him play and say... “wow that guy is a great athlete” win or lose.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Last sixteen game from the same tournament.

if you look at 1:40 he does a strawberry LOL
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 5:49pm
Last sixteen game from the same tournament.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 07/31/2019 at 5:52pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 5:23pm
I'm also a fan of equipment diversity in TT. Just gives it a little something extra.

I personally believe that going inverted on both sides is just better for fitness but perhaps not for winning. There are styles with pips that are also quite active. I think the key is just to be active with your play. The guy in this video is not. He might have a skill but it's closer to playing darts than an athletic sport.

Edited by wilkinru - 07/31/2019 at 5:24pm
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 5:13pm
What I saw was a very good player beating an awkward opponent. Looking at the scores, it was no wonder that the pushblocker was choing when he got a point.
Anyway, I am for diversity in rubbers.
They should only be banned in those competitions that I am participating.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 5:06pm
I wonder what the incidence of heart problems is among pushblockers compared to well .. table tennis players is. They all seem to be morbidly obese.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 4:31pm
I am a fan of diversity in playing styles. One can watch it to learn either how to play with LP or how to beat a LP player. 
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Man this is just terrible to watch :D it looks like it's a completely different sport. That style takes away any athletic elements and just tries to destroy the 'regular' game.

i know it's allowed but i wonder why one would like to play that style? just to increase your winning percentage? I'd rather quit then.

As someone said previously some people enjoy winning the point offensively and some enjoy watching others lose by making mistakes. Same type of people will play inverted both sides and just push/chop block everything, so its not rubber specific, but of course frictionless lp does help with forcing more errors.

I always thought people that play like this, whether they use junk rubber or not, have weaknesses that they try to compensate by playing of the forced errors of their opponent.

Defensively this guy is a wall, but you can tell he is mentally weak, it takes a special kind of person to "cho" in your opponent's face when they make an error.

How cho-ing at a mistake mentally weak? lol...

They make errors BECAUSE of what the push-blocker is doing. Part of his strategy is sending over balls that will create those mistakes, which is certainly cho worthy in my book! 

I play that way and love doing it! Letting the other person feel that they CAN'T beat you, no matter what they do is a glorious feeling! They can't out-block, can't outpush, can't out-dink, can't out you name it... seeing THEM mentally crumble (or usually blame the rubber LOLLOL) is very sweet, indeed. 
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 2:26pm
what a pathetic game, oh well his fat arse won't be around much longer once testing comes in. even our little league here has pledged they will be getting testing equipment.

good to see our sport progressing through these cheaters.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 1:35pm

I don't see a big difference between this and all the other pushblockers in the world.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 1:34pm

I agree his game is unwatchable. Ugly as hell. But if he can compete playing this way, good for him.
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Frictionless LP are not really allowed, so I'm puzzled a bit why he still plays with one, if it's truly frictionless.

As far as why someone would play that way: it's a personal preference, some people enjoy defense and seeing opponents make a mistake. To each their own.

P.S. There is a decent amount of skill involved in this style. Just different skills. 
Rubbers that are frictionless from the factory or those treated are ILLEGAL but those who have lost friction due to use/age are legal based on the wording of the rules.. Not sure if any of that applies to his rubber.. Hard to tell.
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 10:39am

Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 10:09am

David: What is the primary goal?
Joshua/WOPR: You should know that, Professor. You programmed me.
David: Oh, c'mon. What is the primary goal?
Joshua/WOPR: To win the game.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WarGames

Edited by Dream1700 - 07/31/2019 at 10:10am
Force Pro Special 7ply
FH: Fastarc C-1 1.4
BH: Tenergy 80 1.7
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 7:41am

Frictionless LP are not really allowed, so I'm puzzled a bit why he still plays with one, if it's truly frictionless.

As far as why someone would play that way: it's a personal preference, some people enjoy defense and seeing opponents make a mistake. To each their own.

P.S. There is a decent amount of skill involved in this style. Just different skills. 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Shifu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 7:27am

ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2019 at 6:43am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic