FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

List of all banned pimples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DavenKrugz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavenKrugz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List of all banned pimples
    Posted: 08/10/2019 at 7:49pm
Can you all please kindly list the rubbers, brand and type (Long Pimples,Short Pimples or Medium Pimples)  that became banned due to the :-

1.  Aspect Ratio thingy of 1998
2.  Pip Density Limitation of 2002 (or so)
3.  Frictionless Pips ban of 2008
4.  Just banned for fun or other reasons anytime (such as bamboo slash pips etc)

Thanks

Edited by DavenKrugz - 08/10/2019 at 7:51pm
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2019 at 9:17pm
DECLINE OF THE HALLMARK LTD ENTERPISE. SOME SADNESS.

The page as retrieved on May15, 2008
https://web.archive.org/web/20080515092214/http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-long.php

June 4, 2008
https://web.archive.org/web/20080604180530/http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-long.php

December20, 2008
https://web.archive.org/web/20081220224718/http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-long.php

February 01, 2009
https://web.archive.org/web/20090201101318/http://hallmarktt.co.uk/e-long.php

April 02, 2018
https://web.archive.org/web/20180402053947/http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-long.php

June 24, 2019
http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-long.php

Front Page notification to all HALLMARK customers :
Quote Hallmark Table Tennis LTD is for sale. Please contact    steve @ hallmarktt.co.uk    for more information.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2019 at 9:32pm
https://web.archive.org/web/20080913080451/http://www.ittf.com/ittf_equipment/pdf/Racket_list_no_29.pdf

Rubbers discontinued of 1 July 2008 is marked in green. Most of the rubbers failed to pass friction test.

Be happy.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 11:18am
There is a thing called ITTF.  Google is a thing.
DavenKrugz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavenKrugz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 12:30pm

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

There is a thing called ITTF.  Google is a thing.

My question was NOT about current LARC.

BTW I do not know where the previous LARCs are and how to find them and that is why I am asking for your help.

Finally I am asking about specific categories of rubber that were affected by a specific change by ITTF  such as 

1.  Aspect Ratio thingy of 1998

2.  Pip Density Limitation of 2002 (or so)

3.  Frictionless Pips ban of 2008

4.  Just banned for fun or other reasons anytime (such as bamboo slash pips etc)

Another problem is that Internet was at its infancy in 1998 let alone 1995 & Al Gore kept it a secret at least from me  & I do not know what Al Gore was doing in 1983 LOL . If internet had been around at even a little more developed stage in 1995 , I am 200% sure the failed Aspect Ratio thingy of 1995 Tianjin BGM  would not have passed at Durban (South Africa) secret ITTF meeting by the closest of margins (a two vote difference) as more voters on council would have understood the true agenda & intentions of the proponents of that change (Eberhard Scholer & Dr.Harrison).  The playing public and even top choppers were caught by total surprise since it already failed & the whole Durban process was kept a secret

Not all the information is available on WWW, and Google is not the only search engine. How many people even here know the legacy components of of the WWW other than internet,  such as Gopher, (RSTT on)  USENET (DEJA) etc. ?  Digging up as much information about a specific issue is a collaborative effort  by many people (as many posters on this group) and not just using one search engine any just typing in a phrase. You talk like a young person at a job interview who when was asked if had a college degree, answered by saying “No but I have Google”. Of course most posters will start ripping me to pieces based on personal agendas using internet and forum etiquette as excuses and there is not much I can do about it.  

Most young posters here have no clue of the history of oppression of pimples especially defensive styles & most older players are afraid to speak up for fear of retribution & becoming social outcasts.  I never participate in TT forums but I noticed that there was another hot thread on this forum that discusses ITTF friction testing issue & I thought this is a proper time to bring it up. In UK we are a little more familiar than in Canada or USA,  about the shock waves & resentment that the Two Color Rule & Aspect Ratio thingy caused but had been silenced by the ITTF and forgotten by even older pimple players & new young pimple players have no clue of this history of ongoing oppression of pimple users. How many posters even here know about the pip density restriction change of (circa) 2002. Where can you even find more information about this ?  Yeah right Google it.   

For example if you look at the history of table tennis page on ITTF website, you will see that almost all the above changes have been cleverly excluded

Check if the above ITTF webpage even mentions any of the following items that affects pimple players :-

1. 1983 Two Color Rule

2. 1995 Ban of speed Glue & immediate reversal

3. 1998  Aspect Ratio  (failed at 1995 BGM)

4. 2000   40 mm ball (failed in prior BGM or AGM)

5. 2002  Pip density restriction

6. 2008  Frictionless pimple ban

7. 2015  Elimination of celluloid balls for less spinny poly balls

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

• This famous statement has produced many paraphrases and variants:
    • Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    • Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.
    • Those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it.
    • Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them.
    • Those who do not know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Obviously this does not apply to pimpled table tennis players 

More to come

Edited by DavenKrugz - 08/11/2019 at 9:39pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 3:31pm
half of Dr. Neubauer line up Big smile...
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2019 at 9:37am
The initial post(s) are a little short and quite demanding. You seem to want people to do a lot of work for you, which is why the replies are sometimes a bit negative.  And you give little clue as to your own agenda.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2019 at 9:52am
clues are there in the other threads as to motivation.  The topic is a train that left the station a long long long time ago.   Not sure why anyone would bother to type it all in even if they had the info at their fingertips ( and not many members here would know the answer in 2019).  I wonder what percentage of currently active members ever played with 38 mm balls?  I'd be surprised if it was half.

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2019 at 6:12pm

I wonder what percentage of currently active members ever played with 38 mm balls?  I'd be surprised if it was half.

For some reason, that made me feel old. Thanks, bro. LOL
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 2:51am

I wonder what percentage of currently active members ever played with 38 mm balls?  I'd be surprised if it was half.

That's an interesting question to answer 

Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

For some reason, that made me feel old. Thanks, bro. LOL

LOL
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 9:25pm
The bigger problem with this question is that over the years manufacturers discontinue rubbers. E.g. as far as I'm aware, Butterfly simply stopped making Impartial and Rein, but they were phased out in the first half of the millennium, so it's hard to know exactly what happened there unless you looked at the LARC from that time. There are a lot of rubbers like that, so we'll have to identify rubbers that we know didn't meet the new guidelines. A first example would be any pips that had varying width (such as any of the pips made by Yung). Then any pips that were frictionless (Hallmark, Dr. Neubauer, et al.) After that we know rubbers such as Spinpips/MD Spinpips and its variants (power, chop, etc) as well as Bamboo Curl were all banned. Best thing to do would be to compile old LARCs if you can (and I've seen them go back close to 2000), and look at them year over year.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 11:35pm
And then there were the one's that didn't pass the various changing specifications over the years like the Original versions of TSP SpinPips and Butterfly Feint Long (the first one  with no number or letters after it).  Both were replaced by newer versions like TSP SpinPips MD, Super SpinPips, Super SpinPips Chop II; and Butterfly Feint Long II, III, and AG.  It makes this a tedious process, because the names were reused later on.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 8:52pm
ITTF sucks
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

The bigger problem with this question is that over the years manufacturers discontinue rubbers. E.g. as far as I'm aware, Butterfly simply stopped making Impartial and Rein, but they were phased out in the first half of the millennium, so it's hard to know exactly what happened there unless you looked at the LARC from that time. There are a lot of rubbers like that, so we'll have to identify rubbers that we know didn't meet the new guidelines. A first example would be any pips that had varying width (such as any of the pips made by Yung). Then any pips that were frictionless (Hallmark, Dr. Neubauer, et al.) After that we know rubbers such as Spinpips/MD Spinpips and its variants (power, chop, etc) as well as Bamboo Curl were all banned. Best thing to do would be to compile old LARCs if you can (and I've seen them go back close to 2000), and look at them year over year.

a guy sent an email to harrison to ask why spinpips  and harrison said he didnt knew and it was too late to complain about
funny that rubber was legal for 20 years and was found ilegal when liu was on top
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2020 at 8:48pm
Spinpips was found a substandard product. Pips improper geometry below 1 millimeter by height.

/Be happy, play the game/
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Spinpips was found a substandard product. Pips improper geometry below 1 millimeter by height.

/Be happy, play the game/

false
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic