Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fastarc G1 vs MXP vs Goldarc 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thelooper12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelooper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fastarc G1 vs MXP vs Goldarc 8
    Posted: 09/06/2019 at 8:38pm
hello.

Planning on getting new rubbers, currently using MXP but the durability is not very good. 

Also considering to pair them with the pg9 blade, which is good? 
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 9:28pm
As much as Goldarc 8 is a good rubber, the topsheet is lacking in spin. You may want to consider Omega VII Asia or VII Tour since Xiom has great durability.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 2:01am
MXP is the fastest but less durable. G1 is quite durable but not that fast and GA8 is quite durable but topsheet is not as spinny as the other two and not that fast either.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 3:05am
I was disappointed in GA8. I'd take G1 or MX-P any day.
Silver Server View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 8:22pm
Can anyone who extensively plays with G-1 & C-1 state their differences? Is C-1 in fact G-1 top sheet with a softer sponge? Does it make a better backhand rubber than say Vega Europe?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2019 at 1:52am
Yes, the c-1 did feel like a g-1 with a softer sponge. But the softer sponge on the c-1 made a bigger difference thsn I Expected, the ball really digs in and you get lots of auto-spin. The c-1 may be around the same hardness as the vega Europe and both have similar playing properties too, the main difference I noticed is in the spin sensitive of their topsheets, with the c-1 a lot more spin sensitive and hence can also create spin a bit more easier in the lower gears and passive strokes. Both are good bh rubbers. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Silver Server Silver Server wrote:

Can anyone who extensively plays with G-1 & C-1 state their differences? Is C-1 in fact G-1 top sheet with a softer sponge? Does it make a better backhand rubber than say Vega Europe?

For most of the people visiting these forums, there probably isn't a better backhand rubber than Vega Europe
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 1:35pm
I play with GA8/50 on FH and G1 on BH and don't exactly see eye to eye with those claiming GA8 suffers a lack of spin.

Serves, pushes are loaded, and somehow my opponents rarely manage to land my counterloops.  Fast and high in quality, so it seems to me.  I like it so far.

G1 is an easier spin producer in the slow and spinny realm, to that I would agree.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Yes, the c-1 did feel like a g-1 with a softer sponge. But the softer sponge on the c-1 made a bigger difference thsn I Expected, the ball really digs in and you get lots of auto-spin. The c-1 may be around the same hardness as the vega Europe and both have similar playing properties too, the main difference I noticed is in the spin sensitive of their topsheets, with the c-1 a lot more spin sensitive and hence can also create spin a bit more easier in the lower gears and passive strokes. Both are good bh rubbers. 

Did you think the C-1 was a little more on the bouncy side than G-1?  Or was it just me, maybe my short game and service wasn't up to using c-1?  I would also prefer G-1 for counterlooping where it felt more spinny with my strokes. 
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Did you think the C-1 was a little more on the bouncy side than G-1?  Or was it just me, maybe my short game and service wasn't up to using c-1?  I would also prefer G-1 for counterlooping where it felt more spinny with my strokes. 

I bought C1 thinking it was a soft rubber but it really is closer to about 45 degrees while G1 is about 47.5 degrees.  So C1 isn't really that soft or slow, the bottom like comes down to weight and (swing) speed preferences and maybe playing distances.  I don't find C1 bouncy, I just find it a tad bit slower, and for me that works given that I need the lighter weight for things I do.  There are good players who play C1 close to the table at the 2200 level, so for me, it truly comes down to preference, I have played my usual level (1900-2050) with it for a few months now.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 4:19pm
@nextlevel that's where i was surprised, even i expected the c-1 to be a lot softer, sort of like the hexer duro and genius soft, but it did ' feel' a bit firmer and more powerful than those.

To me, the c-1 did feel bouncy, but only when compared to the g-1. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 5:12pm

@nextlevel that's where i was surprised, even i expected the c-1 to be a lot softer, sort of like the hexer duro and genius soft, but it did ' feel' a bit firmer and more powerful than those.

To me, the c-1 did feel bouncy, but only when compared to the g-1. 

Yes, I expected it to be bouncy but I have used it for many months now so I know that it was more the G1 vs C1 and the expectation.  By itself, it just isn't that bad and if I use a blade with C1 on one side and G1 on another, people cannot tell when I twiddle based on the ball quality.  And if you develop the technique for it, you can play a different kind of short spinny push etc.  Kind of like using T05FX vs T05 but the gap between G1 and C1 is even smaller,
Cybershape Carbon
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 6:46am
Be aware there may be a technique adjustment needed for mxp to G1. I actually found it to be the only rubber I have ever considered unplayable on my backhand. It's quite hard and not tacky at all and you really have to give it some to do a good opening loop into backspin. I still use it on my FH though
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 8:33am
Heh.  One man's trash is another man's treasure indeed.  I'm using G-1 on the BH and am not considering parting with it.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

Heh.  One man's trash is another man's treasure indeed.  I'm using G-1 on the BH and am not considering parting with it.

Yeah, I was going to respond, but I just had to accept his post was all about the subjectivity of tt equipment testing.
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Server View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 9:12am
Is C1 anymore controllable or forgiving than G1 from an either wing perspective?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Silver Server Silver Server wrote:

Is C1 anymore controllable or forgiving than G1 from an either wing perspective?
Yes, it is lighter and slightly slower.  What that means for your game is up to you.
Cybershape Carbon
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 9:27am
G1 is a great rubber. It's just very different from MXP. It's much more forgiving in short play, serve receives, smashes driving and aggressive blocking.
But I specifically need low impact brush shots to work for me. I come from almost exclusively Chinese rubbers to mxp which was fantastic it brushes very well. I very am much worse at the shots G1 is good at on my BH so it was a bad fit.

It doesn't lack spin at all but you need more than a simple brushy contact like you can get away with MXP or H3-50 I just found it needs a bit of shove to get there. Which I didn't like personally. But I know lots of people who would love it

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

G1 is a great rubber. It's just very different from MXP. It's much more forgiving in short play, serve receives, smashes driving and aggressive blocking.
But I specifically need low impact brush shots to work for me. I come from almost exclusively Chinese rubbers to mxp which was fantastic it brushes very well. I very am much worse at the shots G1 is good at on my BH so it was a bad fit.

It doesn't lack spin at all but you need more than a simple brushy contact like you can get away with MXP or H3-50 I just found it needs a bit of shove to get there. Which I didn't like personally. But I know lots of people who would love it

Yes, everyone's technique is different, it all depends on what level you need your technique to perform at.  I avoid technique that requires you to miss the ball to make it work.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic