Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber colours. So what is the final answer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sifus_brem View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sifus_brem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber colours. So what is the final answer
    Posted: 09/10/2019 at 11:45pm
I heard recently that ITTF recently passed a change about the two colour rule.
I also saw some female (from Romania I think  not good with names) using some purple or pink rubber.
 So we can use any rubber colours of same or different kind or what ? 
Can someone provide exact final ruling by ITTF Equipment Committee ? I looked for something called Technical Leaflet but can't find any on this.

Thanks so much   

Edited by sifus_brem - 09/10/2019 at 11:45pm
Sponsored Links

Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 8:57am
https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1078357/different-colour-rubbers-to-be-permitted-in-table-tennis-after-tokyo-2020

"Black is mandatory on one side"...exact ruling/policy will be printed/posted after the Olympics

Edited by Charlie Brown - 09/11/2019 at 9:04am
*sigh*
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 10:27am
Even more interesting in my mind .. the change in what's allowed in the paddle?

I heard a blurb and still interested. but haven't heard more

Dr Cho

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 12:25pm

Yes that was Bernadette Szocs during the T2 games.

FdT
PhilpeG View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilpeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1078357/different-colour-rubbers-to-be-permitted-in-table-tennis-after-tokyo-2020
"Black is mandatory on one side"...exact ruling/policy will be printed/posted after the Olympics

Warn :- I try English but French

This may is source at confusination here in France & Europe.
Because if Szocs used Pink before the Olympics, that means no  rule / regulation / policy / directive / procedure etc etc exists before the Olympics which means anyone is free to use any colour including same.  One player here said he was inside rule when he was useing  black and black every 2 side of bat. And I agree with him .  So I say even the 2 colours rule from 1983 is no longer valuid and nil & void ?

What does you think ?  I am not asked for your personal opinions based biasing but only interpretation of Szocs act added with  ITFF letter.  So please don't try to confuse others based with your "opinionation" .
When a professionalized players like Szocs is useing other color that applies to any low player at any level no ?  And is also mean they need to doin a complete new rule / policy / procedure / regulation / directive or any cheating name they comes up with when they change jsut the way they likes yes ? 
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 1:34pm
You don't seem to understand that T2 Diamond games are outside of the ITTF jurisdiction. It is not under the rules of the ITTF. Although most of the rules are similar, some are not.

also, recreational or club players are not obligated to follow ITTF rules while practicing. ITTF rules apply to ITTF regulated tournaments. 

For example: If you are playing with a recreational player, you might want to let them know you want their serves to be legal. But you cannot force them to serve "legally" if it's not an official tournament. All you can do is play with someone else.

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 09/11/2019 at 1:35pm
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 2:26pm
As it is now...

** 2.4.6 The surface of the covering material on a side of the blade, or of a side of the blade if it is left uncovered, shall be matt, bright red on one side and black on the other.

**source:ITTF Handbook 2019

"Pro TT series" "T2 Diamond league" (not the regular ITTF Tournaments) 

* "Coloured rubbers will also be allowed, with Szocs the first to seize on this new ITTF initiative by going with pink rubber for one side of her bat. Other players are expected to follow suit as the season progresses"

After 2020 Olympics the rest of us will get the "amended regulations" when they finish their talks about it. It has been approved but not yet finalized, so you'd have to wait along with everyone else to get final news, regulations etc sometime after the 2020 Olympics.

*sigh*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic