Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comparison of composites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PudhuKaippavai View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PudhuKaippavai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comparison of composites
    Posted: 09/15/2019 at 10:24pm
Any websites that compare composte materials in the context of table-tennis ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

ice592 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ice592 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 9:25am
PudhuKaippavai View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PudhuKaippavai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by ice592 ice592 wrote:

Hello,
http://stervinou.net/ttbdb/index.php

Nice 

In the Glossary of used material , you may want multiple headings  (using an Excel Spread sheet)

1.  Veneer (Wood) 
2.  Composite
3.  Bonding material  

Under Bonding material ,  the sub headings would be such as Epoxy, Glue or whatever else
I saw Specific Gravity also listed for veneers in some site  

Under above 3 headings you may want to add subheadings (for veneers) like Defensive - thru offensive + 

Excel spreadsheets are easier to sort and reorganize

If you want to make money of this site, you could sell Web Link space for advertisers of various raw materials (1 thru 3 above) 

Edited by PudhuKaippavai - 09/16/2019 at 12:30pm
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 1:49pm
I would suggest asking specific questions! as placement can matter GREATLY
the rule is generally all carbon reduces feeling
Carbon = HARD and SHARP FEELING but FAST not very spinny
Arylte  = SOFT and Spinny with a DULL feeling
Zylon = Harder and Spinnier than Arylte but due to less soft is less forgiving
Tamaca = Hard and Sharp felling and FASTER than Carbon

You can add carbon to any of these to add a little stability speed and loose a little spin and sharpen the feeling of duller carbons

all other carbons are a varient of these feeling types e.g Pith carbon from DHS is a copy of Arylte and carbon weaved

the general rule is 
there are no more arylte only blades, ALC is king because it adds sufficient quality and also sweet spot.  ZLC based carbons make a better shot but less forgiving

A bit like this

Wood: speed 5/10, Consistancy 7/10 Spin 5/10, Feedback 10/10
ALC: Speed 7.5/10, Consistancy 9/10, Spin 8/10, Feedback 7/10
ZLC: Speed 8-9/10, Consistancy 7/10, Spin 9/10, Feedback 6/10
Carbon only: Speed 10/10, Consistancy 8/10, Spin 4/10, Feedback 4/10

those are from my experiences, I have had all manner of wood blades from standard clipper to 1 ply hinoki, Alc inner and outer, ZLC outer only and carbon outer only.
There will be much better people here but thats a generality
ice592 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ice592 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 2:02pm
I'm not the webmaster of this site.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 8:49pm
Just a heads up Tamca carbon is just regular carbon but now that a lot of companies have gone to fleece "Tamca 5000" seems really fast. Tamca is just Tam(asu) and Ca(rbon) combined.  
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

I would suggest asking specific questions! as placement can matter GREATLY
the rule is generally all carbon reduces feeling
Carbon = HARD and SHARP FEELING but FAST not very spinny
Arylte  = SOFT and Spinny with a DULL feeling
Zylon = Harder and Spinnier than Arylte but due to less soft is less forgiving
Tamaca = Hard and Sharp felling and FASTER than Carbon

You can add carbon to any of these to add a little stability speed and loose a little spin and sharpen the feeling of duller carbons

all other carbons are a varient of these feeling types e.g Pith carbon from DHS is a copy of Arylte and carbon weaved

the general rule is 
there are no more arylte only blades, ALC is king because it adds sufficient quality and also sweet spot.  ZLC based carbons make a better shot but less forgiving

A bit like this

Wood: speed 5/10, Consistancy 7/10 Spin 5/10, Feedback 10/10
ALC: Speed 7.5/10, Consistancy 9/10, Spin 8/10, Feedback 7/10
ZLC: Speed 8-9/10, Consistancy 7/10, Spin 9/10, Feedback 6/10
Carbon only: Speed 10/10, Consistancy 8/10, Spin 4/10, Feedback 4/10

those are from my experiences, I have had all manner of wood blades from standard clipper to 1 ply hinoki, Alc inner and outer, ZLC outer only and carbon outer only.
There will be much better people here but thats a generality

I think this really needs to be taken into context. Simply assigning some speed/spin/consistency rating to the composite itself can be extremely misleading. It simply just makes no sense to say ZLC has more spin than ALC or wood. If anything, most of us amateurs can actually generate more spin with pure wood blade with some Limba layers. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 2:32pm
shouldn’t the scope be forced within the list of composite plies, all other factors unchanged? e.g zlc spinner than alc.
I never tried basalt, should it be in the list?

Edited by stiltt - 09/17/2019 at 3:03pm
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

[QUOTE=passifid]I think this really needs to be taken into context. Simply assigning some speed/spin/consistency rating to the composite itself can be extremely misleading. It simply just makes no sense to say ZLC has more spin than ALC or wood. If anything, most of us amateurs can actually generate more spin with pure wood blade with some Limba layers. 
I would agree with it bieng easier to do so. But I am assuming you are able to control the blade. In the same way it'd easier for most people to do a good counter loop with rozena than h3. H3 is FAR skinnier but requires a huge amount more technical support to do so?

But it's kind of impossible to make a general rule as it's all about feeling and taste
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic