Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Shoes for Table Tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoes for Table Tennis
    Posted: 09/25/2019 at 4:53am
Who’s making the best TT shoes as of now Sept 2019? 
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
Sponsored Links

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 7:04am
mizuno hands down...
I have used adidas, asics, butterfly energy series but no one  beats the mizuno wave drive series. They are comfy, durable, grippy, light and they offer great cushioning. 

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 7:58am
Another vote for Mizuno. It took me a while until I decided to pay over 100 euros for a pair, but when I could afford them I did it.
Everything written in the 2nd post is true.

taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 8:11am
Best Shoes: ASICS Gel-Rocket 9 Men's Volleyball Shoes (you can buy them at amazon). Better cushion than any TT shoe, durability is 2X better then mizuno!
Mizuno are a really nice shoe I agree, but for price close to 100$ and they do not last long. The outside of shoe you will have perfect condition but soon the bottom sole will loose the tread and you will have slicks!
Most TT Shoes are crap (honestly). There were few good butterfly shoes years ago when Butterfly teamed with Asics but now even the 150$ timo boll shoes are crap.

ASICS Gel-Rocket 9 Men's Volleyball Shoes <-- are the way to go, and if you don't like the look or something just go for Mizuno (best selection at tt-japan.net) also if you have smaller feet than lets say 10.5 US (44EURO) you will find amazing Asics on that website, only sold in japan and this site.

Good luck!
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 9:04am
My Mizunos are 2 or 3 years old, when I bought them they were cca 70 EUR. I think they are wawe drive 4 but I am not sure.
Although I haven't used any of other brands for tt these Mizunos are most comfortable and durable shoes I ever had regardles of sport.
Totally agree with TSuBaSa.
My advice is no need to buy latest one if old model is cheaper.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 9:54am
Just like using equipment, shoes also depend on the player....

I used to use mizuno, which are great btw, but were not for me (6'3, 190lbs). Not enough support and cushioning for my frame.

I tried many shoes (mizuno wave drive/medal, asics gel court control, babolat, salming) and right now using ASICS Sky Elite FF volleyball shoes and they work for me very well.

I think mizuno work well for smaller lighter frame players who are quick on their feet. Asics are also great and have some models that offer support/cushioning for heavier set players.

What im trying to say is there is no "best brand" out there... its what works and suits you so you might have to try different shoes before finding right ones.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

What im trying to say is there is no "best brand" out there... its what works and suits you so you might have to try different shoes before finding right ones.
Agree. No best brand but the best model. 
I´ve had a Wave Medal and didn´t like it, there was not enough lateral grip.
The best TT shoe in my opinion is Asics Attack Excounter, it´s light, confortable, grips like no other and is also beautiful.
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 5:32pm
Asics gel rocket. 
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 6:39pm
I use Mizunos, and own several pairs. I've used a number of the Wave Drive series. They last a long time, they are super comfortable, and the grip is sufficient for me.

Im not gonna say they are the best or the only or whatever, since I have not tried EVERY brand of TT shoe out there. But the Mizunos are excellent!

FdT
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 6:41pm
Shoes are a pretty individual thing.  
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 7:14pm
I had heavy knees pain because of Mizuno shoes :(
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 7:22pm
I have slightly wide feet. The only table tennis shoe that is wide I know of is:

Then I put this insert into it. It fits perfectly in 10.5 size USA shoes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VEBMKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It takes the weight from just under 200g to mid 350g but unlike my blade setup, this doesn't seem to matter a lot to me and the extra cushion is quite nice.

These shoes last a really long time and in newer condition perform quite well on basketball court surfaces. I have an older pair that now slips on the court if I do not clean it between games.

EDIT: Wide table tennis shoes . Just going to put that phrase here for google searchers later on.

Edited by wilkinru - 09/25/2019 at 7:25pm
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 7:24pm
All depends on player's foot shape, weight, age, how they move and play, where they play, etc.

No shoe will work for everybody.
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 9:12pm
I am using Asics Gel Rocket 9
A good shoe.  Would enjoy a little more heel padding.  Nice, light shoe with excellent, durable soles, however.

Edited by trumpet_guy - 09/25/2019 at 9:15pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by trumpet_guy trumpet_guy wrote:

A good shoe.  Would enjoy a little more heel padding.  Nice, light shoe with excellent, durable soles, however.

Hopefully the Gel Rocket 9 is better than the Gel Rocket 8. The 8's were pretty comfortable and they performed okay, but the durability sucked. Around the entire front of the toe, the leather separated from the rubber. They were still usable, but they looked really ugly. It only took about 1 month for said separation to occur. I only wore the shoes to play table tennis and never wore them outside. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2019 at 10:35pm
Sorry, I was wrong mine are Gel Upcourt, not Gel Rocket. But here is a picture of the separation. 

Edited by ericd937 - 09/25/2019 at 10:40pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 1:56am
Originally posted by trumpet_guy trumpet_guy wrote:

I use Gel Rockets.... not much choice. My shoe size is 14 US, 47-48 Euro.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 5:49am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 5:54am
So far, Mizuno are the best shoes for me. I have above average wide feet and the Mizuno's fit very well. I even take 0,5 size smaller than usual. The Wave Drive is very lightweight, but don't give me enough support. The Wave Medal is a  really good shoe and so far my favorite. 

Having said that, some members at my club are switching from TT shoes to handball and badminton shoes. Especially Yonex seems to have some very good shoes. Haven't tried those myself, so can't comment on that from my own experience.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 9:49am
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 10:01am
yonex footwear, badminton, squash they have more of range trainers to have alook at, i only buy yonex
DannyKahn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannyKahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 10:03pm
As a far away from table defender, I found that the table-tennis shoes to be way too heavy.   I actaully carried a scale to weigh shoes.  I preferred sprinting shoes (with rubebr spkes which of course I don't put on, wrestling shoes, beach shoes, five finger shoes etc.).

I liked the sprint spikes the best but they are designed for forward movement as in sprinting and not for lateral movement as in tennis or table-tennis.. I once seriously sprained my ankle while leading in a higher rated player whom I have never beaten 21-10, 16-3 (in a 2 out of 3 match old system) & had to quit . It was not a tournament still this guy was from UK and took table-tennis far more seriously than Americans.

No as I have slowed down, I feel like I should wear heavy basketball shoes to keep me at the table and also to protect my ankles. 

I am surprised Reebok (I think English) has not cornered the market
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2019 at 8:05am
It was not a tournament still this guy was from UK and took table-tennis far more seriously than Americans.

Ouch!  Perhaps you shouldn't be in America.  Or, perhaps, you Americans should STEP UP from your frivolity to a more sober gaze.

Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2019 at 8:21am
Asics GEL Rocket 9. 
Better than Mizuno Wave Drive & Medal if you care about your knees. 
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
3000.artists View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3000.artists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2019 at 9:53am
I like all leather shoes- too much cushion around the ankle and top of the foot bothers me, my feet don’t feel as responsive- I like the adherence to the foot better with leather. Adidas has been my go to. I’ve worn through two pairs of lacombe, and when fresh these were the best feel by far to play in. I’d buy 100 if I had the funds. But the heel construction was poor and caused separation between the side and bottom pieces. So I looked for a model with a singular rubber bottom. Right now I play in sambas, but these have juuust slightly too much padding.. Now I’m looking at Nike indoor soccer mercurials, or some other adidas spezial variant with thinner shells. I also played with some all leather Nike Cortez models and like rose a lot, but again the heel didn’t last so long.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2019 at 2:12pm
I need extra wide (4e), so my options are limited. I do not think any table tennis shoe is able to handle my fat feet. Currently using a new balance cross trainer. Mainly have used NB, sometimes avia or ASICS
michWmich View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michWmich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 6:29am
Originally posted by 3000.artists 3000.artists wrote:

I like all leather shoes- too much cushion around the ankle and top of the foot bothers me, my feet don’t feel as responsive- I like the adherence to the foot better with leather. Adidas has been my go to. I’ve worn through two pairs of lacombe, and when fresh these were the best feel by far to play in. I’d buy 100 if I had the funds. But the heel construction was poor and caused separation between the side and bottom pieces. So I looked for a model with a singular rubber bottom. Right now I play in sambas, but these have juuust slightly too much padding.. Now I’m looking at Nike indoor soccer mercurials, or some other adidas spezial variant with thinner shells. I also played with some all leather Nike Cortez models and like rose a lot, but again the heel didn’t last so long.

I used to go with Adidas Samba before, but they are made for soccer actually. After getting a hold on Asics Gel Rocket 9 (only 327g per shoe) I am having no second doubts about buying similar gel ones again.

Mizuno Wave Drive series is on my to-try list. However, still can't give up of Asics.

When I think of Asics now, I just realized, they were literary my actual first shoes that I've ever bought as a kid.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 2:58pm
My last two pairs of TT shoes have been Nike Mercurial - which are indoor soccer shoes.  I'm very happy with them.

This or similar:

Edited by wturber - 01/23/2020 at 3:08pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

Best Shoes: ASICS Gel-Rocket 9 Men's Volleyball Shoes (you can buy them at amazon). Better cushion than any TT shoe, durability is 2X better then mizuno!
Mizuno are a really nice shoe I agree, but for price close to 100$ and they do not last long. The outside of shoe you will have perfect condition but soon the bottom sole will loose the tread and you will have slicks!
Most TT Shoes are crap (honestly). There were few good butterfly shoes years ago when Butterfly teamed with Asics but now even the 150$ timo boll shoes are crap.

ASICS Gel-Rocket 9 Men's Volleyball Shoes <-- are the way to go, and if you don't like the look or something just go for Mizuno (best selection at tt-japan.net) also if you have smaller feet than lets say 10.5 US (44EURO) you will find amazing Asics on that website, only sold in japan and this site.

Good luck!

I thought volleyball shoes are for jumping more than for rapid side to side.
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 5:32pm
raquetballwarehouse.com

upcourt 3 will last you for 1 to 2 years 
for level around 2200
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic