Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria vs Lin Gaoyuan (ply composition)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria vs Lin Gaoyuan (ply composition)
    Posted: 09/26/2019 at 9:04am
This is just 2 images side by side from butterfly Website, I just wanted to see if maybe some of the layers on the new LG blade are different thickness. Once I put the two images together you can see that LG blade is as most players on this forum think another Clone of Viscaria. It is simply identical, just different Handle. If you are Barcelona FC fan than this is a blade for you!
Sponsored Links

windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 10:32am
but lgy's has it in AN handle while viscaria is only available in ST and FL
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 10:43am
It's good to know this with your well documented post. Thanks for having the idea and taking the time to join the pictures.

My gosh I am not a teenager! it's not because I like the player so much that I should be attracted by another generic alc blade named after him and yet...
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 10:51am
Also on LGY blade fl handle 1mm longer then Viscaria
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 12:33pm
heavier?
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 9:45pm
"listed" as the same weight
VISCARIA FL Handle Size: 100x25mm
~87g
LGY ALC FL Handle Size:** 101x24mm
~87g

Obviously just estimates as we know weights can vary with the production process and butterfly doesn't filter out super light ones. LOL

Checking out a shop in Taiwan that had four ST handle Viscarias, they all had been penciled with 82-83g
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2019 at 11:49pm
Guys, don't compare the blades based on picutres. You don't know exactly how it is glued, wood treatment as well, even handle size may change the feeling of the blade.

Just remember TB ALC, Viscaria, Boll Spirit, ZZ ALC. They are all similar in structre but playing characteristics are different.
Korbel, Primorac made in EU or Japan are different as well.

The same story with Innerforce ALC and Harimoto ALC. As much as I red balance is ok but technically it should be head heavier version of Innerforce ALC  
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2019 at 2:27am
You have a point.
Even comparing between several Viscarias, they will feel a touch different. Depending on weight, age, etc.

FdT

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Guys, don't compare the blades based on picutres. You don't know exactly how it is glued, wood treatment as well, even handle size may change the feeling of the blade.

Just remember TB ALC, Viscaria, Boll Spirit, ZZ ALC. They are all similar in structre but playing characteristics are different.

The same story with Innerforce ALC and Harimoto ALC. As much as I red balance is ok but technically it should be head heavier version of Innerforce ALC  

And for the Viscaria clones, there may be more differences between a group of Viscarias than there is between a Viscaria and a TB ALC, Spirit and a ZZ ALC.  These things are made out of wood after all, so variance in density, water content, the mentioned in another post glue used, so many variables to consider.

I have 3 blades (not the one being discussed here) that are within 3 grams in weight, yet one is noticeable faster than the other 2.  I rotate between the 3 of them, and it is currently my practice bat, due to receive new rubber shortly.  The other 2 are very close in speed, and all 3 feel very similar (except for the speed on the outlier).
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2021 at 1:28am
I love my Viscaria blade except the handle; it has a very wide flare(too wide) at the bottom but it's skinny & concave in the middle.  Is the Lin Gaoyuan handle fatter in the middle than the Viscaria?
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2021 at 5:12am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

I agree...I have played with both...they are similar but different...Viscaria it is more bouncy...Lin more precise in the short game...also Lin requires more effort for the stroke...better stamina...Viscaria has more power IMHO while Lin it is better for the block...
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic