Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 27>
Author
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2021 at 6:08am
is it really that fast or only frequency is higher?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Sponsored Links

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2021 at 6:45am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

is it really that fast or only frequency is higher?

I don't have an original one to compare but the frequency is similar to the only one registered on the Blade Frequency Compendium (1538Hz). Anyway, it's normal for a blade with this thickness to have such a frequency, meaning it's stiff but soft, and didn't feel all that fast.
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 4:07am
Commissioned combi blade. I think this is the heaviest I've ever made, but with a balance so low, it felt just like a regular 90g blade. However, the most interesting part was the feeling, the combination of characteristics gave it an incredible elasticity, almost like a slingshot.

Composition: Bamboo / Yellow Pine / Spruce / WRC / Reconstituted Ebony
Weight: 114.1g
Thickness: 6.1mm
Freq.: 1120/1140 Hz
Balance: 1.9cm (Very Low)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 4:17am
This might seem a little bit off the topic, but do you have any idea what the blade sealer person do to the professional's blades? Some people say they apply some sort of wood treatment so the blade can have that 'old blade feeling'. For example if I want more speed I would probably put a layer or two of blade varnish so it is harder. What if I want my blade more soft, there should be some kind of wood "softener" treatment?
No signature required
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Leftstudio Leftstudio wrote:

This might seem a little bit off the topic, but do you have any idea what the blade sealer person do to the professional's blades? Some people say they apply some sort of wood treatment so the blade can have that 'old blade feeling'. For example if I want more speed I would probably put a layer or two of blade varnish so it is harder. What if I want my blade more soft, there should be some kind of wood "softener" treatment?

Personally I don't like to rely on treatments to change the blade's characteristics. My usual procedure is to seal the blades, unless otherwise requested, but I use a very thin and transparent lacquer. Most people don't even notice the blade is sealed. 

To accomplished that you would want a penetrating oil that doesn't get hard with time, so maybe raw linseed oil will do the trick. But I'm guessing you will have a hard time getting rubbers to stick to the blade.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 5:07am
I think he is talking about Michael Detringle sealing and wonder what kind of magic he use :)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 2:17pm

I think he is talking about Michael Detringle sealing and wonder what kind of magic he use :)
I have had 4 blades treated by Michel Detrigne, none of them was playing better than the original. They were usually lighter and harder, loosing a lot of touch and feeling. Now, I can understand why some high level players are looking for any kind of improvement on their equipment considering it's their primary source of revenue. But I'd suspect it to be more like a self convincing tool rather than an efficient upgrade.
Back to the subject, I have 3 blades from Sergio and they all play wonderfully. He has gold in his hands. Congrats !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 2:39pm
Love the Leopardwood handleThumbs Up!!!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2021 at 4:13am
Originally posted by hleett hleett wrote:

Love the Leopardwood handleThumbs Up!!!

I think this is one on those that divides opinions, personally it's not a favorite but some people love it.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2021 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Jolan Jolan wrote:

I have had 4 blades treated by Michel Detrigne, none of them was playing better than the original. They were usually lighter and harder, loosing a lot of touch and feeling. Now, I can understand why some high level players are looking for any kind of improvement on their equipment considering it's their primary source of revenue. But I'd suspect it to be more like a self convincing tool rather than an efficient upgrade.
Back to the subject, I have 3 blades from Sergio and they all play wonderfully. He has gold in his hands. Congrats !

Thank you. I have heard about the guy an to me it felt more like an urban myth. But I never tried a blade with his "magic", so I didn't want to  make any comments. But pros do like weird stuff sometimes so who are we to judge.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2021 at 4:47pm
My tribute to the master! JO Shape, with Yellow Pine medial ply instead of Spruce for more power.

Available in my FS thread.

Composition: Limba / Yellow Pine / Ayous / Yellow Pine / Limba
Weight: 88.4g
Thickness: 5.65mm
Freq.: 1270Hz
Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2021 at 3:34am
A remake of one of my earliest builds for a team mate who wanted a spare. The handle is black walnut with his club colors.

Composition: Black Limba / Limba / ALC / WRC / ALC / Limba / Black Limba
Weight: 92.9g
Thickness: 5.75mm
Freq.: 1270 Hz
Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

Edited by Hipnotic - 04/29/2021 at 3:46am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2021 at 5:58pm
Commission blade. Inner ZLC with a personalized handle shape.

Composition: Limba / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / Limba
Weight: 85.8g
Thickness: 5.7mm
Freq.: 1380 Hz
Balance: 2.5cm (Low)

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2021 at 3:35am
Sergio ought to mass market the SPARTAN. 

I put Nexy Etika 51 degree on that blade and it wasn't fair. SO DYNAMIC performance and dipping ball arc it was silly.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2021 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Sergio ought to mass market the SPARTAN. 

I put Nexy Etika 51 degree on that blade and it wasn't fair. SO DYNAMIC performance and dipping ball arc it was silly.

I would go crazy if I had to do more than one handle like that per week Big smile
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2021 at 5:24am
There seems a lot of brands coming up with Acoustic style blades lately. This is my take on it, Limba top with paired with a thick medial Limba ply that gives a very nice feel. 

Available FS.

Composition: Limba / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Limba
Weight: 89.6g
Thickness: 5.80mm
Freq.: 1270Hz
Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2021 at 5:53am
I got a commission for a blade a few months ago (the red one). The composition is very similar to a M. Maze, but the owner wanted a head shape with wider wings, and a handle closer to a Viscaria. He called it the "Black Lava". The thing is I messed up, so the blade came back for a repair. In that time it got a little sister! The blue one has a inner composition with a slightly enlarged core.

Red
Composition: Black Limba / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Black Limba
Weight: 86.3g
Freq.: 1335 Hz

Blue
Composition: Limba / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / Limba
Weight: 87.2g
Thickness: 6.05mm
Freq.: 1270 Hz
Balance: 3.6cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2021 at 6:21pm
If you think this blade shares a great resemblance with another blade, whose name describes the natural technical abilities of a player that approaches the game in a cautious but offensive fashion... You ate absolutely right 😄 But that one is also inspired in another blade so I think I'm off the hook.

This was custom blade I made recently, and I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I do use hide glue. It's not my preferred choice, but I will use it if requested or, such as in this case, the player tells me he wants to have vibrations and feedback. Not all of us like to feel vibrations, but my opinion matters little when the blade is for someone else, so I guess it's a good thing I can cover both scenarios.

Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba
Weight: 88.6g
Thickness: 5.75mm
Freq.: 1205Hz

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 1:40am
I like this new logo design under the handle. Thumbs Up

Edited by Magic_M - 05/12/2021 at 1:41am
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 1:59pm
Simplicity at its best. Very good looking, elegant blade Sergio.  Clap
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 2:11pm
I did not understand the "name describes the natural technical abilities of a player that approaches the game in a cautious but offensive fashion".

I thought of Korbel and Primorac because the composition but I am still missing the riddle.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 4:41pm
Virtuoso Off-
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 5:59pm
Oh noooo, shame on me. 

It's a crowded crossroads that composition, a sort of a solid benchmark to which all 5-ply all wood blades can compare themselves maybe?
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 6:22pm
Definitely, but there are subtle differences between them. But in this case I was referring more to the handle design.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 3:27am
Commissioned blade. I just love the clean look of Framiré. I also love the grain structure on Padauk, it almost looks like flowing lava sometimes.

Composition: Framiré / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Framiré
Weight: 82.8g
Freq.: 1250Hz

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/14/2021 at 3:30am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2021 at 3:50am
No fancy description this time, just a powerful and gorgeous Koto+SZLC blade looking for a new owner.

Composition: Koto / SZLC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / SZLC / Koto
Weight: 90.4g
Freq.: 1528Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2021 at 3:22am
Commissioned blade. Inner fiber composition with an asymmetric Olive wood handle.

Composition: Framiré / Ayous / S A-C / Kiri / S A-C / Ayous / Anigre
Weight: 91.9g
Freq.: 1356Hz
Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 4:14am
"Shimmer" - One of the blades I most enjoyed building lately. The owner had a clear idea of what he wanted, so all I had to do was to make it happen. The blade has a composition based on a Tibhar Techno Power Contact, a combi blade that offers a bit more control on the BH side. Very comfy AN handle with a "notch" on both sides to facilitate twiddling the racket.

Composition: Limba / Cherry / Ayous / Ayous / Limba
Weight: 92.2g
Thickness: 5.5mm
Freq.: 1100Hz
Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

No fancy description this time, just a powerful and gorgeous Koto+SZLC blade looking for a new owner.

This is probably the most beautiful blade you have made so far but of course it's personal. It encompasses and gets on top of everything composite.

Question: the medial ply of the ZJK SZLC is limba and this one has ayous, what ayous gives compared to limba as the medial ply in 2 blades supposedly close to each other? I would imagine a stronger rebound and from it?

I want it so badly!!!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

This is probably the most beautiful blade you have made so far but of course it's personal. It encompasses and gets on top of everything composite.

Question: the medial ply of the ZJK SZLC is limba and this one has ayous, what ayous gives compared to limba as the medial ply in 2 blades supposedly close to each other? I would imagine a stronger rebound and from it?

I want it so badly!!!

Thanks, I think so also. 

That is a common misconception, the ZJK SZLC does no have a limba medial ply, in fact that is valid for most Butterfly's outer and inner fiber blades. I can say this with 100% certainty. I also de-laminated an innerforce zlc and saw the inner plies, so that basically taken every doubt I could have out of my mind. I've been meaning to make a post about that but I haven't had the time.

This one is for sale so it can be yours...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 27>
  Share Topic