FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 27>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2022 at 3:43am
WOW what a beast! I always liked that composition going straight one direction all the way - no detour - with the softness of thicker top hinoki balancing by itself the whole crazy speed coming from the total thickness and weight. 

I am 100% sure this one is better than the original Schager Carbon (that is very fun to play and forces a commited game) and I can't wait for the owner to write a few words about it. 

Is the top hinoki here thicker than whatever is on top of the SC (similar but inferior for what it's supposed to do)? I like the SC idea that says the outer ply is the king supported by the core and carbon servants while generally in other blades, the outer plies achieve what the core and median plies want to do. I sense the owner wanted a balance between the 2 and I am somehow sure he got it (got faith!).

Edited by stiltt - 04/02/2022 at 3:49am
Sponsored Links

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2022 at 3:59am
Originally posted by rmh877 rmh877 wrote:

It would be nice if you can add the height & width of head & also handle dimensions

I do that with blades that are for sale, but in this case it was a commission so it's irrelevant.

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

WOW what a beast! I always liked that composition going straight one direction all the way - no detour - with the softness of thicker top hinoki balancing by itself the whole crazy speed coming from the total thickness and weight. 

I am 100% sure this one is better than the original Schager Carbon (that is very fun to play and forces a commited game) and I can't wait for the owner to write a few words about it. 

Is the top hinoki here thicker than whatever is on top of the SC (similar but inferior for what it's supposed to do)? I like the SC idea that says the outer ply is the king supported by the core and carbon servants while generally in other blades, the outer plies achieve what the core and median plies want to do. I sense the owner wanted a balance between the 2 and I am somehow sure he got it (got faith!).

Honestly I don't know, I just thought that would make sense to have a slightly thicker top ply in this case to balance the higher overall thickness, so I used 1.2 instead of 1mm. But I don't have many veneers with that thickness, so it's like a limited edition Smile.
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2022 at 4:28am
yes, what a great insight. it sounds like what the sc wanted to achieve without knowing it.

Edited by stiltt - 04/02/2022 at 4:29am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2022 at 11:48am

yes, what a great insight. it sounds like what the sc wanted to achieve without knowing it.

Oh, and regarding the owner, he's happy with it. First Division Israeli player, the big lefty in the dark blue shirt from minute 4 onward.

Edited by Hipnotic - 04/03/2022 at 12:00pm
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2022 at 3:34am
Another blade with Glass-fiber, this time a 100 g/m2 fabric. The feeling is basically like an all wood blade, but the GF helps to control some of the bad vibration on this classic composition. The head size is also slightly larger to help generate more momentum in a controlled, spin based play style.

Available FS.

- Limba / GF100/ Limba / Ayous / Limba / GF100 / Limba
- 87.0g
- 5.85mm
- 158x152mm
- ST (23.8x101x28.0mm)
- 1270Hz
- Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2022 at 10:58am
I like to imagine that even though we have limba instead of ash, ayous core instead of kiri and glass fiber between the outer plies, it will give similar sensations than the Nittaku Violoncello Big smile and is built to play the same kind of game: all-round-controlled-miss-nothing kind of game. The weight, head dimensions and frequency are awesome for that!
Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2022 at 5:32pm
Someday i will get your rebuilt of the Barwell Fleet in Dinosaur anatomic Handle Style.#214 :)
Meanwhile, i wait for the Goriki Kaisoku Rubber and try to smash everything within my reach.Tongue
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2022 at 6:46pm

I like to imagine that even though we have limba instead of ash, ayous core instead of kiri and glass fiber between the outer plies, it will give similar sensations than the Nittaku Violoncello Big smile and is built to play the same kind of game: all-round-controlled-miss-nothing kind of game. The weight, head dimensions and frequency are awesome for that!

Frankly I never tried the Violoncello (I only play the guitar LOL), but this one was built with that play style in mind!

Originally posted by Harald Harald wrote:

Someday i will get your rebuilt of the Barwell Fleet in Dinosaur anatomic Handle Style.#214 :)
Meanwhile, i wait for the Goriki Kaisoku Rubber and try to smash everything within my reach.Tongue

Smash away! Big smile
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2022 at 3:12am
Custom order, an inner SZLC blade with a thinner core.

- Framiré / Ayous / SZLC / Ayous / SZLC / Ayous / Framiré
- 94.7g
- 5.75mm
- 1270Hz
- Balance: 2.1cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2022 at 5:46pm
和 (wa) - a concept that implies unity, peace, and harmony.

Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / AC / Koto

85.0g - 5.8mm - 1485Hz - Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2022 at 4:02am
Nothing too fancy, just a classic 5 ply looping blade with a Zebrano handle.

- Limba / Mahogany / Ayous / Mahogany / Limba
- 88.0g
- 5.5mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (101x25mm)
- 1141Hz
- 3.1cm (Med)

Edited by Hipnotic - 04/13/2022 at 3:58am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2022 at 3:59am
Custom order 5 ply blade. The handle design (not originally mine) is a nice way of achieving a lower weight distribution by having a heavier wood on the bottom.

- Koto / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Koto
- 85.6g
- 5.75mm
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 1.9cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2022 at 3:32am
Custom order asymmetric blade.

- Kumamoto Hinoki / Hinoki / ZLC / Balsa / A-C / Ayous / Limba
- 81.2g
- 5.95mm
- 1378Hz
- Balance: 1.6cm (Very Low)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2022 at 1:09pm
What a beauty! 

I notice a trend where blades get lighter 80-85g, thinner 5.5-6mm and in the 1350hz range. This is probably what makes the most sense for the great majority of people, amateurs and pros.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2022 at 5:41pm
This could've been much lighter if it weren't for the handle. Also, it's one of those cases where the frequency might denote a different speed than what it really has.
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2022 at 5:02am

What a beauty! 

I notice a trend where blades get lighter 80-85g, thinner 5.5-6mm and in the 1350hz range. This is probably what makes the most sense for the great majority of people, amateurs and pros.

As hipnotic stated, the blade is not as fast as the frequency might suggest. Plays more like a +-1150 blade. Think the balance also plays a roll in how fast it feels, as a blade that's more head heavy tends to feel faster for me.
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2022 at 7:40am
I haven't been posting a lot of penhold blades, that's my fault, I will try to do it more often. This one is a very light specimen, very stiff but relatively soft due to the AxC fiber. The low weight brings the speed down a bit, but it's still a very fast blade in the bottom of the OFF+ range.

Available FS.

- Kiso Hinoki / AxC / Kiri / AxC / Kiso Hinoki
- 74.6g
- 7.4mm
- 160x150mm
- CS (82x25x33mm)
- 1745Hz
- balance: 3.3cm

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2022 at 4:11pm
Custom order.

- Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto
- 89.5g
- 5.75mm
- 1421Hz
- Balance: 2.5cm (Low)

Edited by Hipnotic - 04/20/2022 at 4:16pm
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2022 at 4:32am
Custom order

- Kumamoto Hinoki / TC160 / Balsa / TC160 / Kumamoto Hinoki
- 73g
- 8.3mm
- 1940Hz
- Balance: 1.5cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2022 at 4:15am
This is not a blade for spin. It's relatively stiff, but quite slow on the Willow side, which will produce low arc disruptive shots by using LP's. The Spruce side, supported by a hard Rosewood layer, will help finishing the point using fast and direct shots.

Available FS.

- Spruce / Rosewood / Balsa / Ayous / Willow
- 69.6g
- 6.5mm
- 157x150mm
- STSQ (27.5x22.5x100mm)
- 1335Hz
- 2.1cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2022 at 4:03am
Custom order, based on a Nittaku Goriki but with a standard head size.

- Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut
- 101.2g
- 5.1mm
- 990Hz
- Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2022 at 10:48pm
Nice colour !
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2022 at 5:54am
Wow that's a big S! 😁 The blade is based on a Ovtcharov ALC, inner fiber with a bigger head size and a thicker core. However, this is a very light specimen, which will of course compromise power, but at the same time makes it very nimble for close to the table play.

- Limba / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / Limba
- 80.4g
- 6.2mm
- 158x152mm
- ST (98x24x28mm)
- 1356Hz

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/04/2022 at 3:17am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2022 at 3:18am
Custom order

- Poplar / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Poplar
- 88g
- 5.8mm
- 1230Hz
- Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2022 at 3:35am
Custom order asymmetric blade.

- Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / TC90 / Ayous / Ayous / SZLC / limba
- 86.2g
- 5.75mm
- 1442Hz
- Balance: 2.4cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2022 at 4:11am
Fast, low throw, compact feeling and head size.

Available FS.

- Limba / A-C / Limba / WRC / Limba / A-C / Limba
- 86.8g
- 5.9mm
- 155x150mm
- ST (102x28.5x23mm)
- 1464Hz
- Balance: 3.9cm (High)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2022 at 4:18am
"Valkyrie". Two custom blades based on the W968.

- Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Limba
- 88.3 and 88.1g
- 6.0mm
- 1313Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2022 at 4:18am
No bells and whistles, just a reliable 7 ply blade with a nice and soft feeling, and a chunky ST handle.

Available FS.

- Limba / Limba / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Limba / Limba
- 86.0g
- 6.2mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (100x28.5x24mm)
- 1313Hz
- Balance: 3.3cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 4:02am
This was a custom order for a anti/SP player. We took a risk on the composition and unfortunately it played like a 💩, but damn it was pretty...

- Limba / Blue Fig / Ebony / Ayous / Ebony / Blue Fig / Limba
- 92.2g
- 5.95mm
- 1290Hz
- Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 4:47am
Somebody's bold shit may be somebody else's gold shot. I once tried a 90g+ Borko blade that had a big thin head and a low balance so it did not feel that heavy and t was vibrating a lot. Is that the issue here? the vibrations and huge flex? past the initial setback, I insisted playing it and adapted to the dwell that was like waiting for the echo after yelling in the mountains, it was another game of placement and spin instead of fast counter driving featuring more flat hits like I naturally go for. It gave me a great experience, I felt like a table tennis monk learning the deepness of the game for a few weeks. I got tired of it because bang-bang is more fun to me but I am glad I went through it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 27>
  Share Topic