FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>
Author
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Somebody's bold shit may be somebody else's gold shot. I once tried a 90g+ Borko blade that had a big thin head and a low balance so it did not feel that heavy and t was vibrating a lot. Is that the issue here? the vibrations and huge flex? past the initial setback, I insisted playing it and adapted to the dwell that was like waiting for the echo after yelling in the mountains, it was another game of placement and spin instead of fast counter driving featuring more flat hits like I naturally go for. It gave me a great experience, I felt like a table tennis monk learning the deepness of the game for a few weeks. I got tired of it because bang-bang is more fun to me but I am glad I went through it.

Not really, the opposite in fact. We were going for a inner type composition but without a composite layer, with Ebony in it's place. The composition is similar to one I had made, but this time I used a vertical Ebony layer to achieve more stiffness, which it did, compared to that one. The problem is that the Ebony layer is still relatively thick, and that made the blade feel kind of numb.
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 5:35pm
Is he gonna sell it?
Ergosquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ergosquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 6:45pm
I love the color of the blue fig.

Edited by Ergosquare - 05/18/2022 at 6:50pm
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2022 at 3:09am

Is he gonna sell it?

I have the blade the blade now, I removed the handles and we are going to put them in a different blade.
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2022 at 3:31am
This one will be representing Portugal in the 2022 European Veterans Championships, to be held in Italy next month.

- Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba
- 90.0g
- 6.0mm
- 1270Hz
- Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/20/2022 at 3:34am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 3:43am
I'm not gonna argue how this shape will give you a bigger sweetspot or whatever... Honestly, I just wanted to make a defensive blade in the shape of a shield. When I think of a shield, the Knights Templar come to mind, hence the whole theme. The thick Mahogany outer layers make this blade relatively hard and stiff, so it's not a classic chopping blade but more suitable for a modern defender.

Sold.

- Mahoghany / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Mahoghany
- 93.2g
- 5.8mm
- 160x153mm
- ST (105x31x22.5mm)
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 3.7cm (Med)

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/23/2022 at 6:52pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 4:27am
You just had to do it and now it's done!!! I enjoy a lot the flirtation with art and history. 
I bet it's the kind of blade you don't mind not to sell, it is also fine it it thrones in the middle of a display at your shop. Clap
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 6:52pm

You just had to do it and now it's done!!! I enjoy a lot the flirtation with art and history. 
I bet it's the kind of blade you don't mind not to sell, it is also fine it it thrones in the middle of a display at your shop. Clap

I'm not very nostalgic about these blades, I had to learn to be detached, otherwise I would have some problems letting go from a few. My "shop" is just a portion of a garage, not even the whole thing! I'm probably the blade builder with less conditions and tools 😅.

Anyway, it's gone...
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2022 at 3:54am
And once in a while, this handle comes along 🙂

Left:
- Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / Textreme-Carbon / Ayous / Textreme-Carbon / Ayous / Smoked Eucalyptus
- 88.7g
- 5.9mm
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

Right:
- Koto / Glassfiber-Carbon / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Glassfiber-Carbon / Koto
- 88.9g
- 5.7mm
- 1507Hz
- Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2022 at 3:36am
This blade introduces a new fiber I've been using - Spectra.

Spectra and Dyneema (used by Tibhar) are Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fibers. This remarkably durable material is one of the world’s strongest and lightest fibers. Performance wise, this fiber feels soft, with a moderate speed and sweet spot increase, but it's main characteristics are the lightness and the loud sound it produces on hard impact. This makes it a very user friendly and pleasant fiber to play with.

The handle one is Mexican Granadillo, a very hard and heavy wood.

- Framiré / Spectra / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Spectra / Framiré
- 90.0g
- 6.15mm
- 1442Hz
- Balance: 1.9cm (Very Low)

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2022 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

it's main characteristics are the lightness and the loud sound it produces on hard impact. This makes it a very user friendly and pleasant fiber to play with.
Sounds like a very interesting material. Wink
Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2022 at 8:22am
Hey @Magig_M its me from the german Site.
you wouldnt only love to play it,but you have to "hear" it.
Could recommend Sergó to all.

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2022 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

it's main characteristics are the lightness and the loud sound it produces on hard impact. This makes it a very user friendly and pleasant fiber to play with.
Sounds like a very interesting material. Wink

Not very interesting for me, this is by far the hardest material I have to cut 😫

Originally posted by Harald Harald wrote:

Hey @Magig_M its me from the german Site.
you wouldnt only love to play it,but you have to "hear" it.
Could recommend Sergó to all.

Thanks!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2022 at 5:36am
This one was supposed to be a custom order, but unfortunately it turned out to be a little slower than what we were aiming for. It's loosely based on a DHS 032, but with a different ply structure, Hinoki and Western Red Cedar instead of Basswood and Luan. Built with hide glue, a classic looking blade with a classic feeling as well.

Available FS.

- Hinoki / WRC / Hinoki / WRC / Hinoki
- 91.8g
- 7.2mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (100x35x25-23.5mm)
- 1313Hz
- Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)

Ergosquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ergosquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2022 at 5:18pm
Nice idea of putting the composition into the handle as well.
Thin core, thick medial plies, interesting.
I haven't seen this combination that often before, was it used more often formerly?

Edited by Ergosquare - 05/30/2022 at 5:21pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2022 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Ergosquare Ergosquare wrote:

I haven't seen this combination that often before, was it used more often formerly?
The late Borko Dragojlovic made me that blade before 2010, sorry for the poor quality of the pictures:

It was a wonderful 7-ply and I was a fool to sell it. By ejing on a low budget, buying something meant selling the current (a violin and a tube aluminum were the main ones not leaving).

I never got that feel back. That relative stiffness of a 7-ply with the flex of a 5-ply was special.

With too many blades this one cannot come to my home but it should. I highly recommend people to snatch it before it's gone. The hide glue feel, the composition and the fact Sergio is at the level of Borko and Charlie makes that all wood blade an instant classic in my opinion.

Expect something close in feel to the BBC Hinoki Ghost (a fantastic blade!!! reviews there) for obvious reasons (hinoki/cedar lades) but Sergio's version with the hide glue and hinoki outers will have an edge in the sweet feel category.

Congrats to the buyer ClapTongue

Edited by stiltt - 05/31/2022 at 1:29am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2022 at 3:51am

Normally I find that corny, but  WRC has such a nice grain that I thought it made sense.

It's not used much, I've done it a couple of times before, but I think the finest example would be the DHS 032 I mentioned.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2022 at 3:52am

The late Borko Dragojlovic made me that blade before 2010, sorry for the poor quality of the pictures:

It was a wonderful 7-ply and I was a fool to sell it. By ejing on a low budget, buying something meant selling the current (a violin and a tube aluminum were the main ones not leaving).

I never got that feel back. That relative stiffness of a 7-ply with the flex of a 5-ply was special.

With too many blades this one cannot come to my home but it should. I highly recommend people to snatch it before it's gone. The hide glue feel, the composition and the fact Sergio is at the level of Borko and Charlie makes that all wood blade an instant classic in my opinion.

Expect something close in feel to the BBC Hinoki Ghost (a fantastic blade!!! reviews there) for obvious reasons (hinoki/cedar lades) but Sergio's version with the hide glue and hinoki outers will have an edge in the sweet feel category.

Congrats to the buyer ClapTongue

Thanks! Yeah, this one is gone too...
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2022 at 3:52am
Two custom blades for a father and son, based on the third series Grubba Carbon.

- Anigre / Soft-Carbon / Ayous / Soft-Carbon / Anigre
- 89 and 88g
- 5.3mm
- 1100Hz
- Balance: 2.5 and 2.1cm

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2022 at 3:44am
Custom order.

- Soft Pine / SZLC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / SZLC / Soft Pine
- 88g
- 5.7mm
- 1528Hz
- Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2022 at 3:48am
Another 5 ply with a classic composition. Normally these types of blades use Spruce on the medial layer, but I decided to use Cypress to give it a softer feel.

Available FS.

- Koto / Cypress / Ayous / Cypress / Koto
- 89.4g
- 5.85mm
- 157x150mm
- AN (102x25-23mm)
- 1250Hz
- Balance: 2.4cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2022 at 3:25am
A pair of two very different blades:

Left
- Anigre / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Anigre
- 80.8g
- 5.65mm
- 1550Hz
- Balance: 2.3cm (Low)

Right:
- Limba / Spruce / T-C90 / Ayous / Cork / G-F / Ayous
- 89.5g
- 6.1mm
- 1150Hz
- Balance: 2.3cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2022 at 4:25pm
Who says carbon blades need to be fast?

- Willow / Ayous / soft-carbon / Ayous x3 / soft-carbon / Ayous / Willow
- 94.5g
- 5.6mm
- 970Hz
- Balance: 1.8cm (Very low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 4:35am
You know how I use AxC fiber, that one achieves a softer touch (compared to regular A-C) by having the Aramid from side to side, and higher stiffness by having the Carbon up to down. Well, AyC is the exact opposite of that, the Carbon is running horizontally and the Aramid vertically, achieving a harder touch with more flexibility. In terms of performance what this does is to make the blade harder and more stable on higher impact, and with an increased power ceiling. But having a harder fiber close to a relatively soft core, also changes the sound of the blade. The sudden difference in density causes a loud "Tok", which personally I don't like, but some people do! These nuances are important, and many know blades on the market exhibit them, despite looking similar to each other.

Available FS.

- Framiré / Ayous / AyC / Ayous / AyC / Ayous / Framiré
- 87.9g
- 6.0mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x25.5-23.5mm)
- 1290Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2022 at 3:50am
Wait, something's wrong here 🤔

- Hinoki / Ayous / TC90 - 45º / Ayous / TC90 - 45º / Ayous / Hinoki
- 85.4g
- 5.9mm
- 1270Hz
- Balance: 4.0cm

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2022 at 2:34pm
Nice Wink
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2022 at 3:30am
- Limba / Ayous / IC / Ayous / IC / Ayous / Limba
- 90.2g
- 6.0mm
- 1290Hz
- Balance: 2.5cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2022 at 3:46am
Light and shade, this is how Jimmy Page describes his playing, it was the inspiration for this blade. The Light side is softer and more forgiving, while the Shade side is crisp and more direct.

Available FS.

- White Ash / Spectra / Ayous / Kiri / Black Limba / Glass-Carbon / Black Ash
- 89.3g
- 5.65mm
- 158x152mm
- FL (100x25-23mm)
- 1356Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2022 at 3:32am
A pair of custom combi cpen blades. Got some really nice detail on these Hong Kong and China flags.

- Hinoki / Cypress / Ayous / Spruce / Black Walnut
- 7.05mm
- 84.7 and 84.8g
- 1421Hz
- Balance: 3.8cm

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 2:31pm
Very nice Sergio! 
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>
  Share Topic