Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
Author
kloblivioner View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kloblivioner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2023 at 9:38pm
How can we measure it ?
Sponsored Links

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2023 at 2:56am
Like this:

But I use a ballpoint pen and a bit of painter's tape to protect the blade. Then measure the distance between the mark and the tip of the handle.
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2023 at 4:26am
Do you like Spin? Then this blade is not for you... This is the stiffest and fastest 5 ply blade I've ever made!

Available FS.

- Limba / Limba / Balsa / Limba / Limba
- 81.8g
- 12.1mm
- 150x148mm
- AN (102x24mm)
- 2605Hz
- Balance: 4.0cm (High)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
kloblivioner View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kloblivioner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

Like this:

But I use a ballpoint pen and a bit of painter's tape to protect the blade. Then measure the distance between the mark and the tip of the handle.

Thanks!

Can we use the ball as shown here?

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2023 at 2:42am
Originally posted by kloblivioner kloblivioner wrote:

Thanks!

Can we use the ball as shown here?

Not if you want a precise measurement...
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2023 at 2:43am
I'm not sure that at this point I can still call this a W968. It's the same structure, but the lamination process of the fiber makes it as soft as possible. To compensate for that and give it a little more power, I also made it slightly thicker. It has a regular head size and a chunky FL handle.

Available FS.

- Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Limba
- 93.3g
- 6.35mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (104x25-23mm)
- 1356Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2023 at 2:37am
Springy, fast, stiff and slightly hard feeling with a big sweetspot.

Available FS.

- Spruce / Carbon / Spruce / Kiri / Spruce / Carbon / Spruce
- 85.0g
- 6.1mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x24.5-22mm)
- 1550Hz
- Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2023 at 5:25am
ClapClapClap

This last spruce blade reminds me of the Kong Linghui Special. Bouncy, soft, fast, it's one of the best I ever tried in terms of feel. I bet this last creation presents the same emotionally rewarding expeience.

Playing the W868 on steroids right before would make me feel that the blade is playing me, I imagine strong loopers above 2000 will extract its possibilities the best. It reminds me the words of Nexy's creator Mr Moon, "the fastest blade that still makes sense", the rest of the speed is on the player if needed and for obvious reasons, Ma Long comes to mind looking at the blade pictures.

Edited by stiltt - 06/06/2023 at 5:26am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2023 at 5:27am
Typical inner fiber construction using Izanas-Carbon fiber. A little more oomph, stability and crisper feeling than ALC, very close performance to ZLC.

Available FS.

- Limba / Ayous / Izanas-Carbon / Ayous / Izanas-Carbon / Ayous / Limba
- 88.2g
- 6.0mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x25-23mm)
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2023 at 10:15am
A 5 ply blade built like a 7 ply. The layers with constant thickness ensure a more stable feeling and a more linear response from the blade, than a typical 5 ply construction with a thick core. The thick Spruce outer layers provide some stiffness, but also a Hinoki like softness that many people enjoy.

Available FS.

- Spruce / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Spruce
- 94.3g
- 6.7mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x24mm)
- 1507Hz
- Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2023 at 7:36am
Just wanted to make something fun and colorful, but still with some nice offensive capabilities. It's on the stiff side, but with a nice "holding" sensation, so not far from that all wood Vis equivalent many people desire. The handle is narrower than usual but thick, so it fills the hand pretty well.

Available FS.

- Blue Fig / Koto / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Koto / Blue Fig
- 90.3g
- 6.75mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x24mm)
- 1380Hz
- Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2023 at 9:08am
beautiful blades, do you make videos of the building process? those handles are a work of art, i would like to see how they're made
Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2023 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

beautiful blades, do you make videos of the building process? those handles are a work of art, i would like to see how they're made

Thank you. I would like to publish some videos, but I simply don't have the time... 
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2023 at 6:58am
This is the first time I'm using an hybrid fabric (that is not plain carbon) with the fibers placed at 45º. A-C is faster than ALC, but it also has an harder feeling, so by doing this we can increase the flexibility of the blade, but still retain the springiness of the A-C. Moreover, because vibrations travel differently within the blade, the feedback on the hand is also increased, which translates into a longer holding sensation compared to 90º A-C.

Available FS.

- Koto / A-C 45º / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C 45º / Koto
- 88.6g
- 5.65mm
- 158x152mm
- FL (102x25-23.5mm)
- 1400Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2023 at 2:59am
I felt like doing something fancy for my 800th blade, so I went for the golden look with this one. I've used Olive wood on handles many times, but never on a top ply. It's almost as heavy and hard as Ebony, similar to Rosewood, yet the blade does not feel hard at all. You get a more direct trajectory and speed than with your typical inner ZLC blade, but this also means it will be a little harder to control.

Available FS.

- Olive / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / Olive
- 88.4g
- 5.7mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x24mm)
- 1356Hz
- Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2023 at 1:59am
This is a blade I made for myself a while ago, I wanted something fun to show to referees during racket inspection 😅. However, since I stopped playing it hasn't seen much use and it's a shame just to be lying around. I refurbished it, so it's in a like new state, without kinks or dings. Playing wise it covers that All+ to Off- range, it's not exceptional at anything, but it doesn't have any major faults either. The feeling is nice and soft, very spiny and controllable.

Available FS.

- Blue Fig / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / Blue Fig
- 86.6g
- 6.2mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (102x23mm)
- 1250Hz
- Balance: 3.1cm (Med)

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2023 at 3:59am
Awesome looking blade, love your work!!! Clap
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2023 at 5:11pm

Nice blade, a proper lens type badge. I dont know why top brands are using plastic badges that get erased over time with sweat of just friction.

Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2023 at 2:47am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Awesome looking blade, love your work!!! Clap

Thanks!

Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

Nice blade, a proper lens type badge. I dont know why top brands are using plastic badges that get erased over time with sweat of just friction.

Visually there are things you can't do with a plastic badge, and vice-versa, so each one has their use, at least for me...
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2023 at 5:49am
Here's something that has been on my to do list for a while, a 13 ply all wood blade. Not as fast as you might think, but a solid Off at least and with very linear behavior. But what really makes this blade special it's the outstanding sweetspot, I truly doubt there is another all wood blade out there with this kind of stability and solid feeling. In fact, it seems to be bigger than some composite blades too. There is a downside tought, it's not particularly light...

Available FS

- 13x Ayous
- 93.7g
- 7.7mm
- 157x150mm
- STSQ (102x27.5x23mm)
- 1421Hz
- Balance: 3.6cm (Med/High)

Edited by Hipnotic - 07/31/2023 at 5:51am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2023 at 3:48am
I've made this combi blade thinking of a push-blocking style of play, but to be honest you can also use it in a double offensive setup with a slower side. On the Ayous side I've used unidirectional carbon, I've had this fabric for a while but this was my first time using it. Carbon fabric is usually weaved in a crossed pattern, so it has equal mechanical properties in both directions, but this unidirectional carbon only has fibers in one direction, which means it will only provide strength in the direction used. It's also very thin, so most of the blade's natural feeling is preserved. This side is at least OFF-, but there is a clear distinction between sides with the other having a shorter bounce and a less dynamic feeling, so I would probably say ALL/ALL+ speed-wise. The handle is a chunky Anatomic shape, so it's good if you have big hands, but not great for twiddling.

Available FS.

- Ayous / Uni-C / Limba / Mahogany / Kiri / Limba / Mahogany
- 86.5g
- 6.2mm
- 157x150mm
- AN (102x24mm)
- 1313Hz
- Balance: 2.4cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2023 at 5:58am
There's a lot going on with this one. People often ask me for a slower Viscaria, and normally I recommend I-C, but that's still not that slow. Here I'm using a Diolen-Carbon fabric, it only has Carbon running vertically and Diolen horizontally. Diolen is basically polyester, so you get all the stiffness from the Carbon, but with a really soft feeling from the Diolen. This gives us the traditional crisp and direct feeling from Vis, but without the speed.

The handle is also something out of the ordinary, it has built in slots, which feel a little weird at first, but reduce the weight and provide a great grip and ventilation if you sweat a lot.

Available FS.

- Koto / D-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / D-C / Koto
- 77.5g
- 5.85mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (102x29x23mm)
- 1400Hz
- Balance: 3.5cm (Med)

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2023 at 8:05am
Very interesting idea with the handle and quite rare to see something that looks like it really hasn't been done before which might for some players actually have a benefit.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2023 at 2:31pm

There's a lot going on with this one. People often ask me for a slower Viscaria, and normally I recommend I-C, but that's still not that slow. Here I'm using a Diolen-Carbon fabric, it only has Carbon running vertically and Diolen horizontally. Diolen is basically polyester, so you get all the stiffness from the Carbon, but with a really soft feeling from the Diolen. This gives us the traditional crisp and direct feeling from Vis, but without the speed.

The handle is also something out of the ordinary, it has built in slots, which feel a little weird at first, but reduce the weight and provide a great grip and ventilation if you sweat a lot.

Available FS.

- 77.5g
- 5.85mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (102x29x23mm)
- 1400Hz

By I-C, you mean Innercarbon right?  How much slower than a Viscaria do you reckon this is?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2023 at 4:37pm
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2023 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Available FS.

- 77.5g
- 5.85mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (102x29x23mm)
- 1400Hz

By I-C, you mean Innercarbon right?  How much slower than a Viscaria do you reckon this is?

Innegra-Carbon, Stiltt was already kind enough to reply.

All else being equal, I-C is maybe 10-15% slower than ALC. This one is at least 20-25% slower.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2023 at 5:20am
And now the inner fiber version with the Diolen-Carbon fabric. Because the fiber layers have less relative distance between them, you get much less increase in stiffness compared to the outer version, but it's still more than you usually have at this speed range. This helps to control the throw angle, making it not excessively high, which can be a problem for some players with these types of blades. You also get a bigger sweetspot, which gives extra stability, making it more suitable for blocking than common blades in the same category.

The "sabre" handle has a straight half, and a flared half, and feels very natural to hold.

Available FS.

- Limba / Ayous / D-C / Ayous / D-C / Ayous / Limba
- 88.0g
- 5.9mm
- 157x150mm
- FL/ST (105x24mm)
- 1250Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2023 at 10:55am
Faster but softer, that's what everyone wants, right? S-AxC is the fabric on my stock with the biggest speed/softness ratio, comparatively speaking it's slower than SZLC but softer, about the same speed as SALC but slightly softer too.

Available FS.

- Koto / S-AxC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / S-AxC / Koto
- 86.0g
- 6.1mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (102x24mm)
- Freq.: 1442Hz

Edited by Hipnotic - 09/04/2023 at 11:03am
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2023 at 3:17am
@Hipnotic, I do not see it in the FS section of the website :(
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2023 at 3:31am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

@Hipnotic, I do not see it in the FS section of the website :(

Because it was already sold, sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
  Share Topic