Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best esn rubber 50 hardness and above

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best esn rubber 50 hardness and above
    Posted: 10/01/2019 at 8:27pm
Hi,

I have been playing with tibhar mxp50 on forehand on my joola Aruna Off blade.I love the rubber.It has lot of control and is very fast and it is so easy to counterloop.But sometimes it doesn’t grip the ball properly. And I love the low throw of the rubber.

Can you recommend me any similar esn hard rubber with similar characteristics but with the very grippy topsheet please.
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2019 at 10:11pm
If I was Tibhar's marketing department, I would start threads like that to promote K1 maybe? Wink

Here is a nice review:
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2019 at 10:17pm
joola pro 50
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2019 at 11:07pm
Does joola pro 50 have all the above characteristics of mxp 50 but a better and grippy topsheet?
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2019 at 11:20pm
Never tried MXP 50 to compare, but Joola Pro 50 has a very nice and grippy topsheet.

Also you might check out yogi_bear's Stiga DNA H (50 degree) review over on TTdaily...i guess later he might post it here.
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 1:57am
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Does joola pro 50 have all the above characteristics of mxp 50 but a better and grippy topsheet?
yes
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Flobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 3:22am
Goldarc 8Thumbs Up
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

If I was Tibhar's marketing department, I would start threads like that to promote K1 maybe? Wink

Here is a nice review:

K1 is awesome and price on prott is unbeatable
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Here is a nice review:

K1 is awesome and price on prott is unbeatable
I might be wrong though: K1 could be too tacky to be a good comparison with the mxp50, I am not sure.  
Joola Pro 50 (that I never tried) seems the best solution given the grippier topsheet and everything else very close.
The lower throw and ESN sponge requirements could make K1 an idea worth visiting for the OP though, in case the Joola Pro 50 is not enough an improvement for them.
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 12:32pm
Here is a secret: they're all the same!
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 12:43pm
Hahha really?
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 4:03pm
joola pro 50 and all the new generation of ESN with thin topsheet lack a lot of spin. not even close to MXP and sure not closer to tenergy 05. they play more like stiga calibra or at most like bryce highspeed.
i lost thousand of dollars on those rubbers including dignics. nothing! as if you are not spinning the ball. all what they are good for is direct hitting/drive looping on the peak of the bounce. for example xiom pro 7 is a complete spin joke. don't know how hard is it to invent a tenergy. sad very sad.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 5:59pm
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 50 Hard is amazing! Fantastic grip, spin and pace. Medium throw (not like Rasanter 50 which throws low).
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 6:21pm
Hey Slevin,

How about GEWO Nexxus EL Pro 53?
3000.artists View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3000.artists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 9:48pm
I mostly play Chinese rubbers on my forehand, but the closest tensor I have found that allows me to get similar spin is rasanter r50. I’ve played tenergy, gold arc, mxp, and I play Xiom japan on my backhand. I liked them all fine, but always missed being able to to blast a full armed Chinese style strike. The r50 is the only one that I can regularly accomplish that stroke with. I think it’s because of the thick sponge. It makes sense too, more ball needs more sponge. I wish butterfly and others would follow suit, I feel like I’m always just hitting with grippy wood whenever I play anything less than 2.2. But back to r50. If the stroke connects just right the ball will often be so spinny, that when my opponents back up to receive, they go too far and the ball drops before it gets to them. It really is a joy to play with, offering such a wide range of creative shots. I mostly bring it out whenever I’m too tired to play effectively with my Chinese setup. The blocking aspect is also superb, but that could be helped by the blade I have it on, which has been great with blocking no matter the rubber. I have the r50 on a hard blade, a penhold butterfly supremespeed. 
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2019 at 11:14am
Xiom Omega VII Asia and Omega VII Tour
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2019 at 4:34pm

Edited by Mickael - 10/05/2019 at 6:07am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2019 at 6:07am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Xiom Omega VII Asia and Omega VII Tour

Can you compare these to tenergy 05 please?
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 9:55am
I tried K2. Not sure if it can be categorised as ESN. It is slightly tacky and hard. Well ... "hard' sort of. For me hard is H40 DHS scale. Anyway, K2 is harder than Omega Asia V (which is 50). It has higher throw (on viscaria), what could put it into ESN category. But it does not have sling shot effect like G-1 has. It's top sheet is not that stretchy. Good control, tacky for spin. Tibhar made it well, the only problem that no one is interested LOL

Edited by fmarek - 10/09/2019 at 9:50am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 12:27pm
Joola Golden Tango.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

I tried K2. Not sure if it can be categorised as ESN. It is slightly tacky and hard. Well ... "hard' sort of. For me hard is H40 DHS scale. Anyway, K2 is harder than Omega Asia V (which is 50). It has higher throw (on viscaria), what could put it into ESN category. But it does not have sling shot effect like G-1 has. It's top sheet is not that stretchy. Good control, tacky for spin. Tibhar made it well, the only problem that now one is interested LOL

The problem is that Tibhar made the inane decision not to sell it outside of China. 
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

The problem is that Tibhar made the inane decision not to sell it outside of China. 

Is available at tabletennis11.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

Oh, didn't know that. Still it's a rip off at 42 euros when ttnpp sells it for 28 usd.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

Oh, didn't know that. Still it's a rip off at 42 euros when ttnpp sells it for 28 usd.

I paid  $40 AUD from Aliexpress
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 8:15am
I had a session yesterday with a Tenergy 05 Hard 2.1mm.
It´s nothing special in short game or serves. However, I just started looping with it to realize it is a monster offensive weapon. Much better than regular Tenergy 05, balls seems to obey every shot, landing exactly where I aimed at. Power shots are incredible fast, and controlled as well. 
Haven´t find yet an ESN rubber like it. For me 05 Hard is the best FH rubber I´ve tried so far.
3000.artists View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3000.artists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 7:40am
I just wrote this in another thread for BH rubber, but O7A is the only rubber I’ve played that I didn’t even really enjoy at some level. It’s playable, but sooo fast that it really dictates what you can and can’t do. Really, obnoxiously fast is what I would describe it as. I could win matches with it, but any big stroke or brush loops just sent balls straight to the net or even just lasered straight to my side of the table. 0 dwell. I’d actually be interested in seeing someone successfully brushloop with it, like at any level of returned spin. So compared to tenergy, while the chicken wing stroke is the main style, there’s still some wiggle room for stronger, wider swings when appropriate. You have to keep it tight and direct with O7A. Also, just more artistic shots are very accessible with tenergy- like, for example, scooping a ball that drops off the FH side and wrapping it around the net (with enough spin to still make it threatening). Try that with the O7A and you can either juuuust place back on the table with absolutely perfect touch.. or launch it into orbit trying to go for the stroke you would with tenergy. 

Not to say that it’s trash, it’s just very much it’s own beast. The top sheet is really very grippy, so as long as the sponge isn’t activated, the serve returns/pushes were pretty fine... So if you like Neanderthal levels of power and.. strategery once the point opens up, then it is deadly. But I enjoy the dance of this sport over just bludgeoning my opponents so it just wasn’t for me.  
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 7:59am
I am using mxp50.After 2 weeks the rubber is not very grippy anymore.Will joola Rhyzer Pro 50 or GEWO Nexxus EL Pro 53 be a better choice?

Any detailed reviews about them would be very helpful.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 6:10pm
Omega 7 Asia is still the best. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2019 at 4:00am
I have 7A and 7P and for a first time I felt betrayed by Xiom although I tried hard to like those. I still play with 7P on my fh but soon will go for something else.
An ex 15th player of Belgium wanted to try those two rubbers so I gave him my blade for two hours or so. His conclusion wasn't different than mine-he disliked the 7A and was more positive about the 7P

Edited by Kolev - 04/23/2022 at 5:56am
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2019 at 6:01am
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic