Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasanter R53

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Rasanter R53
    Posted: 10/13/2019 at 8:49pm
Hi,

Has anyone tried andro rasanter R53? If yes please let me know how it is.
Sponsored Links

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 7:29am
Anyone?
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 8:03am
Somebody I know went from R50 to R53 and is happy about it.  Nothing first hand, though.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 8:18am
So you mean to say nothing special about R53?
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

Somebody I know went from R50 to R53 and is happy about it.  Nothing first hand, though.
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 8:30am
Well, the guy playing it is really enthusiastic about it, and considers it a leap forward over R50.  But he wasn't going into specific, and he happens to be not just a divisuonal player, but a seller as well.

It's new.  No doubt somebody will step forward with firsthand experiences to share soon.  Wait and see is a very powerful approach... :-)
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 8:37am
Thanks.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 10:42am
Hard??
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 12:07am
Anyone have any experience to share with the rubber?
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 8:25am
I am still so satisfied with R47 I haven't even considered R50...
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 11:26am
there is a review of a new stiga DNA rubbers I am sure rasanter r53 will be very similar. Meaning it will be fast, good touch at the table, excellent grip. Still slower than T05.
I think all these rubbers are almost the same (mx-p,mx-p 50, rasanter 50, rasanter 53, dna pro 50, donic blue storm z1 turbo, etc.... Still when you I think try new Tenergy 05 - it is simply better than all other rubbers listed here. And the prices are going up for all the Tensors (looks like Rasanter 53 is 60Euro) which is now close to tenergy price, I would rather get tenergy than any of the rubbers here...
I think rasanter r53 will be simply a bit faster than r50 and probably even better to return serve short than r50..
Will love to hear actual review, which I am sure will happen soon.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 1:06pm
Thanks.
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

there is a review of a new stiga DNA rubbers I am sure rasanter r53 will be very similar. Meaning it will be fast, good touch at the table, excellent grip. Still slower than T05.
I think all these rubbers are almost the same (mx-p,mx-p 50, rasanter 50, rasanter 53, dna pro 50, donic blue storm z1 turbo, etc.... Still when you I think try new Tenergy 05 - it is simply better than all other rubbers listed here. And the prices are going up for all the Tensors (looks like Rasanter 53 is 60Euro) which is now close to tenergy price, I would rather get tenergy than any of the rubbers here...
I think rasanter r53 will be simply a bit faster than r50 and probably even better to return serve short than r50..
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 5:18pm

This is a really sensible and informed view of things. Well put. Though I, myself, have gone from 05 to MX-P and it is still almost half the price of Tenergy and with a small bit of, ummm,...liquid inspiration...nearly as good as 05 and better in some ways. (not as good in others of course; fewer cheap points off random, emergency pushes for example...) But all in all, I totally agree. I may, if I win the lotto, go back to 05. Or, if the ESN rubbers continue to go up in price, I'll go back to Tenergy in protest at the ridiculous ESN pricing.LOL
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 6:58pm
Any updates on this thing?
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 8:00pm
TTD has the same thread and you can find more info there. I believe OP in this thread got R53 and is very happy with it. 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 1:24am
Hi,

I use it on my dhs w968 blade.Amazing rubber.Very fast and spinny.And very easy to play short.But use it on a blade with limba outer ply.Might feel too hard on koto or other hard woods.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 1:35am

Anyone can get ESN tensor for 30-32 EUR in this forum, just also half of a spare sheet of Tenergy. Durability is worse, but not that much, just only 15-20& less that Tenergy. For me it's not worth the extra money. Just use any M1/MXP and replace it after 3-4 months. 

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 3:04am
Only got it yesterday but here are some thoughts.  (using Long 5X)

Much faster than T05 on medium hits and hard hits.  Similarly fast of soft shots.  

TONS of spin on harder shots.  And shines with counter shots.  Away from the table countering is great.  As you would expect, there is not 'easy access' to spin like T05 or even Joola Rhyzer 50.

Short game is very nice but just based on 2 hrs of training, seems slightly less grippy than Joola Rhyzer 50.

Really great with active blocks, not so great with in-game defensive passive shots against hard loops. More unforced errors but also more outright winners.

I am slightly confused by the rubber in one respect.  Maybe a technique issue or the softer topsheet, but when brush looping with more of a Chinese style stroke I cannot get any consistency.  Even looking at my rubber after, there were dust 'streaks' on the rubber as if there was lots of slippage.  EDIT:  played again just now and brush looping (very low to high with more open face) was much better, but still some slippage.  Never really had slippage with Rhyzer 50.  Definitely need to use much more sponge and it solves the problem)

So i started to hit into the sponge much more-  going much more forward with your stroke-- and it made worlds of difference.   With T05, Rhyzer 50, Vega pro, you can all brush loop Chinese style or hit into the sponge.  R53 'seems' more suited for a European style stroke...but this might just be a technique thing.  But don't get me wrong you can crush through the ball.  But if you are coming from H3 with a brush stroke technique you might be disappointed.  I'll play again tonight and see what happens.

Going from T05 (or Vega Pro) to Rhyzer 50 was super easy adjustment.  But from Rhyzer 50 to Andro R53 quite a difference.  You definitely need a good crisp stroke and of course be very active with foot work so you are in position. 

Lots of 'put-away' power and enough spin to keep the ball on the table but you got to work for it.  My setup is now a whopping 197g.  My arm was a bit tired after the warm-up and flying loops, but I adjusted fine after that first 10mins and no soreness in the arm this morning.

Edited by DarkerMyLove - 11/07/2019 at 6:12am
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 1:29pm
Good review DarkerMyLove. I posted below on TTD: 

There are some extensive reviews coming out on this rubber (unfortunately for most people it's Japanese). Below is one recently released by WRM. I usually take their reviews with a grain of salt because they tend to exaggerate the strength of a rubber, but in this case it was quite informative. I was also okay because they are comparing R47 with R53, so if anything they are just cannibalizing their own product.

The guy in the middle is among the top players in Japan and is an Andro representative. 

Overall summary:
1. The rubber feels surprisingly softer than they expected. Despite 6 degree difference, they sound almost the same too. They were surprised by how well the sponge grabbed the ball despite testing it on Kanter which is a relatively stiff Balsa blade. They even felt like "the rubber almost does the job for you". 

2. The top sheet is very grippy and it's very easy to lift the ball even when it's dipping below the table. They even said it's easier to lift than using R47, but I would say with a caveat that only if you are an advanced player that can brush the ball. 

3. Much easier to generate spin in serves. They feel the rubber bites the ball very well and it spins the ball well while keeping it short. Whereas with R47, due to its bounciness, the ball gets pushed out more without generating the spin. If you go to the section where Xia (the penholder) serves, he was doing some full stroke serve while still making the ball bounce twice on the opponent's side. 

Overall, they really make it sound like it's a fairly easy rubber to use. At some point they also said it felt softer than R50, likely due to different sponge technology used for R53. 

Below is another review on how well R53 pairs with 5-ply and 7-ply wood blades: Andro Wanokiwami AO and REN.

Overall, they said R53 pairs very well with either blades. 

I did end up buying a sheet when it was on sale last week on TT11, thanks to Airoc's and guni4you's enthusiasm and I plan to slap it on my Acoustic to give it a try maybe in a couple of months. 

I've always loved using boosted H3 on Acoustic but I stepped away from H3 due to the hassle of boosting. Now I'm using Long 5 with D05 but I can't say I like this set up more than Acoustic + H3. Once my D05 wears out, I'll try Acoustic and R53.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 4:24pm
Hey Vik,

Can you slap rasanter on your blade quickly hahahaha. I wanna see how it is compared to dignics ;-)Big smile
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Hey Vik,

Can you slap rasanter on your blade quickly hahahaha. I wanna see how it is compared to dignics ;-)Big smile

Hey guni, I posted a little update here: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic19924_page30.html#1083131

I will post more updates if I change my opinion or re-affirm it after I get more playtime. 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 1:52pm
Hey Vik,

I am so happy man that you like the rubber.
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Hey Vik,

Hey guni, I posted a little update here: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic19924_page30.html#1083131

I will post more updates if I change my opinion or re-affirm it after I get more playtime. 
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 5:47pm
Hello guys,

I'm pretty much a lurker here, but recently I've become more and more interested in hard rubbers like 729 battle 2 and mantra H. I've played both quite extensively, battle 2 on forehand and mantra H on backhand.

Now I have 2 training sessions with rasanter r53 on both sides and I'll try to give my most honest opinion about them. I've played with them on a Mizutani Super ZLC blade ST which is 87g.

FH side: I've read pretty much all English review about the the rubber, but I don't remember anyone mentioning that is is kind of similar to Chinese hard rubbers. Not tacky at all, but the sponge hardness and feeling isn't off by far. And to be honest I don't feel much difference in spin between tacky Chinese rubbers like battle 2 and grippy EU or Japanese rubbers in normal hitting cases.
So if you have a FH that is similar to Chinese hip and weight replacement, then you will have an awesome time with rasanter R53. If you have an old school European type forehand loop  you will have an extremely difficult time and I don't recommend rasanter r53. (fist buy a chinese rubber like battle 2 or big dipper and train with it. If you feel comfortable then buy rasanter r53. You really need to have a Chinese style forehand loop for this IMO)

BH: after two sessions I couldn't get it down completely, but there are things that are quite apparent. Spin control is beyond excellent. You can receive the meanest topspin, but can control it like you imagine it. Spin control on is beyond excellent even with a Mizutani Super ZLC which is a fast and stiff blade. Loop against backspin is also very excellent due to the harder sponge, and comparatively softer topsheet. However right now if I get a faster non spinny ball to my backhand I have trouble. Sometimes I manage to pull out a great counter, but I can also hit the ball long due to the immense speed of this rubber. Bit I really want to highlight that this rubber has excellent spin control at receiving serves, so no issue there. In fact I have a Chinese type of experience as well. (yes I tried battle 2 in backhand and also Hurricane 3-50. Liked 3-50 a lot too)

Cons: Really expensive. 60 EUR for I sheet is insane. I bought from schoeler-micke that had deal and that way it's justifiable 47 EUR/sheet if you buy 2. Maybe Gewo Nexxus 53 is the same thing for cheaper.
On backhand I believe you need to adjust quite a bit if you're coming form regular hardness/speed rubber.
It's quite heavy. Even with my 87g Mizutani SZLC blade I can feel the head heaviness. On backhand this needs adjustments.

I really do encourage everyone to discard Stiga DNS or any last generation ESN rubber like MX-P or even softer Rasanter and be brave with harder sponge. It is said that Rasanter r53  feel softer than you imagine. I disagree, I think it feels as hard as the numbers say. It's actually similar to 37 degree Chinese rubbers but a lot faster.

Can't comment on durability yet, but usually harder rubbers can take a beating while softer sponges deteriorate faster.

Ps: over the table counter looping is really excellent with r53, but at the same time from far away counter looping is also excellent.

If you have more specific questions I will try to answer as I go along with practice.

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 6:46pm
Your review reminds me of Gewo Nexxus EL 53 Hard. It feels as hard as they claim, not softer.

I can understand where you are coming from, I am taking interest in really hard rubbers too because I feel something is missing from the usual 47-48 degree rubbers. Maybe I hit too hard but I usually kill a sheet of MXP in less than two months and I only train about six hours a week.

So I am after something that is hard and at the same time, does not cost 60 EUR. I find those prices appalling.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 7:56pm
It seems like all companies have gained confidence back after the Tenergy series knocked them all off for a decade. What a domination it was, it is incredible.

Today, they all feel like they are not far off at all and even can pretend that depending the style of play, they are better than anything Butterfly produces so they follow through with pricing without the inferiority complex of yesterday: is that a valid view?
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 9:30pm
I personally like R53 more than D05. I think some manufacturers really upped their game with the harder 50+ ESN sponge. Granted, I've only tried R53 so far but I'd say the leap from the previous Rasanter series to R53 is more pronounced than from T05 to D05. 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:28pm
Hey Vik,

Can you please compare D05 and r53 please?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 10:05am
I've been using R53 for a couple  practice sessions now . My observations so far is that it feels softer than expected  and for some reason the blade angle doesn't seem to matter as long as it's at least slightly closed.  I'm playing it on the new Andro Gauzy blade . 
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 9:29am
2 weeks, 6-7 training sessions and a league match later the rubber holds up quite well. Rubber edges are intact, I do notice that the initial shine of the rubber is wearing down, but no effect on the game so far.

It's really good rubber for loop killing to be honest. Last time I had this many loop kills was back in the speed gluing era, with Bryce + Primorac carbon. Before I had a much harder time and much less percantage of 3rd ball killshots, now I feel if I'm in okay position I can put away almost everything.
Backhand is shaping up, I had to re-adjust my technique for shorter movements.

I kinda feel like putting together a H3N setup on a similar blade as I wonder how H3N would react to loop kills. I do have an unopened H3N 37° laying around somewhere.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

2 weeks, 6-7 training sessions and a league match later the rubber holds up quite well. Rubber edges are intact, I do notice that the initial shine of the rubber is wearing down, but no effect on the game so far.

It's really good rubber for loop killing to be honest. Last time I had this many loop kills was back in the speed gluing era, with Bryce + Primorac carbon. Before I had a much harder time and much less percantage of 3rd ball killshots, now I feel if I'm in okay position I can put away almost everything.
Backhand is shaping up, I had to re-adjust my technique for shorter movements.

I kinda feel like putting together a H3N setup on a similar blade as I wonder how H3N would react to loop kills. I do have an unopened H3N 37° laying around somewhere.
what is the blade you used for the R53
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 11:13am
anyone have an opinion on combination of R53 on a RW5 for the FH?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic