Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PingpongHouse Dolphin Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PingpongHouse Dolphin Blade
    Posted: 10/18/2019 at 8:22pm

Dolphin Blade
Weight: 88 grams
Plies: 7 (limba-carbon aramid - ayous- kiri core)
Thickness: 6.05mm
Speed: Off+
Hardness/Stiffness: Medium Stiff

This is an exclusive blade designed by Achoomai through a Chinese OEM company. If you are looking for an alternative blade that is not in the mainstream market then this is a highly recommended blade. I tested this using Kokutaku 007 Pro, Dignics 05 and Xiom Omega 7 Hyper (not ion the market yet and a 60 degree rubber). Quite surprising for the design as it has a mixture of hardness and some softness. The carbon-aramid feels very good because it does not feel very stiff at all . Imagine the Xiom Stradivarius that is 1 or 2 levels slower and softer then you will have the Dolphin blade. The blade has good quality craftsmanship and it is comparable to the level of Sanwei or Yinhe blades. Not too bad for a 40usd off carbon blade. This is a budget blade for players who are looking a fast but controllable carbon blade that has very good feel. I could rate the blade as slightly faster than T11+ but with same flex with lesser vibration. I do feel some hollowness when I hit the T11+ hard which is absent in the Dolphin blade. The arc is medium high and has a long trajectory when I used it with the test rubbers mentioned above. I would put this mostly as a medium distance blade but if you are using Dignics this can be used even far from the table but the most comfortable distance for this is middle distance from the table. The Dolphin has a very good feedback to the hand without the terrible vibrations found in other carbon blades. Overall, this blade offers control and speed in a balanced manner. This smashes very well but its strength is counter looping and loop driving and not much with slow spinny loops unless you use Chinese rubbers.

Edited by yogi_bear - 10/20/2019 at 8:25pm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 10:36pm
The concept of making this blade is "precision"
I have very poor forehand topspin play so I need new weapon to improve my game. It took me for awhile to come up with this blade. With this blade pair with Chinese style rubber, I can loop and place the ball to the location I want with higher success rate. And actually, the 007 spin selected rubber is the rubber I design to use with this blade as well.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic