FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Blue sponges from DHS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue sponges from DHS
    Posted: 10/19/2019 at 8:36pm
Guys, 

Too Long To Read summary: 
2 questions regarding blue sponge products: 
who is your supplier of DHS "National" and Provincial hurricane 3 rubbers?

is there real difference other than price between Prov and Nat marketed products (6 vs 4 corners)?

Just one request, please do not go about "all national sells are fake and only way to get H3Nat is via super 007 agent from Nat team". Ok, we all get that. I am not interested in rubber from the pile from Ma Long drawer. I don't care if these products are used by Chinese team or not. Im asking for reference of sellers who is easily available for humble mortals.

Full post:
I am in the process of conditioning my FH technique for the upcoming year where I want to try out most of H3 variations which comes with blue sponges from DHS and also from Nittakku

As you can see from signature, my both blades are identical in terms of structure (ignore handle). On the secondary blade I have not boosted H3 commercial, it is very slow. I play this racket first hour in every training to encourage myself using more force in order to compensate for slow racket, and also polishing slow FH loops, as it is not easy to do with hard rubbers.

In the remaining 2 hours of play I use my main racket which has STN on FH. It is immediately faster. I use it to develop faster reaction time in my legs and brain. So far, results of this approach are beyond what I was expecting. So I am settled for this mix until February 2020 or so.

Then I want to try out all these Hurricane 3 versions with blue sponges: Hurricane 3, Hurricane 3 Neo from DHS and Hurricane 3 from Nittakku (turbo blue I think they call it).

If someone had bad experience buying these products please let me know what seller to avoid. Otherwise if you are happy with your seller please share links.

If you do not use these rubbers, then do not share links, I know how to Google and where they are sold in general, what I do not know is whether they are DHS made or fakes.

Thanks!

729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Sponsored Links

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 1:34am
For DHS Hurricane 3 Nat I go to either prott or ttnpp. Pretty reliable. I've never gotten a sheet that looks suspicious at all. And if these rubbers are counterfeit, well, they are in fact great rubbers. The best rubbers I've tried. So whether they are fake or not it seems like a moot point since what matters is how they perform!
For Nittakku Hurricane 3 Turbo, I go to tt11. Also great performing rubbers. I might switch to these!

FdT
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

For DHS Hurricane 3 Nat I go to either prott or ttnpp. Pretty reliable. I've never gotten a sheet that looks suspicious at all. And if these rubbers are counterfeit, well, they are in fact great rubbers. The best rubbers I've tried. So whether they are fake or not it seems like a moot point since what matters is how they perform!
For Nittakku Hurricane 3 Turbo, I go to tt11. Also great performing rubbers. I might switch to these!

FdT

Perfect, thanks
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 3:32am
National sponge will undergo an posterior soaking in mineral oil bath.
Provincial sponge is a final product after thermal-curing, no oil applied/

/Be happy/
------
𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 3:57am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

/Be happy/

I did not know that. Thanks.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 4:26am
How do I know if my H3 rubber is a genuine product ?
The round hologramme sticker on the rubber's front side is the very surety you got a real thing.

/Be happy/
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 4:28am

How do I know if my H3 rubber is a genuine product ?
The round hologramme sticker on the rubber's front side is the very surety you got a real thing.

/Be happy/

Oh yeah, but that verification you do after purchase, once money are gone :)
agm2020shocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm2020shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:06am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

/Be happy/

I did not know that. Thanks.

Dude ..............I think Igor is joking about practices that relate to  there being no statutes of limitations for............... (OOPS I should stop now and save for later) 

......or is he 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:44am
Maybe he is joking but I really know nothing about national vs provincial rubbers. Only that commercials are pretty good!
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:53am
If anyone using these rubbers has the weight for uncut sheets please share.
I read that Nittaku version is heavy and I'm curios if the DHS versions are heavy as well.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 10:19am

Maybe he is joking but I really know nothing about national vs provincial rubbers. Only that commercials are pretty good!

Igor is drunk he always has delusions

Edited by mykonos96 - 10/22/2019 at 2:24am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 10:33am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Igor is drunk he always has delusions.his coments are aimed to bash chinese players and chinese rubber because his rusians comrades never win
second that, I just ignore his posts.  he might once in a while post something useful but it is not worth the time to separate the two kinds
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:54pm
Dear mykonos96, I don't think it was so much necessary to bring in nationality aspect into this discussion. I hope you can edit your post to smooth it out.

Other than that, thanks for the warning.

If I were Igor, I'd reveal my source about soaking in mineral oil. Since few members actually doubted that statement. Anyway, if his post was harmless troll, then that would be a good time to step forward and let us know about it. 

Not everything must be serious in this life, jokes are good thing :)

Edited by fmarek - 10/22/2019 at 4:06am
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:10pm
there exist a difference between blue sponge a orange sponge, depeding on the skills for sure. To intermediate player it´s ok the provincial booster with haifu or Falco Long, you will have very spinny topspin, but improve your hip to put all the power (the legs too), by the other side blue sponge absorb more quickly the booster and forgive some lack of skills but if you hit even like a intermediate or pro, you will have a rocket of topspin.

i will post a video training with both rubbers and using tenergy 05fx and dignincs on BH.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 2:11am
Well that what moderators do - they oversee and remove irrelevant posts + protect boards from scam posters like the one above.

It is okay to feel upset and frustrated if some one did not a good job modifying discussion (maybe intentionally, maybe not). But frustration could be expressed in a more constructive way. If right vocabulary used then that just will leading to a discussion. Otherwise such a post will lead to logical ban, yeah. Commit.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 2:24am

Dear mykonos96, I don't think it was so much necessary to bring in nationality aspect into this discussion. I hope you can edit your post to smooth it out.

If I where Igor, I'd reveal my source about soaking in mineral oil. Since few members actually doubted that statement. Anyway, if his post was harmless troll, then that would be a good time to step forward and let us know about it. 

Ok wasnt my intention 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by juanma4080 juanma4080 wrote:

there exist a difference between blue sponge a orange sponge, depeding on the skills for sure. To intermediate player it´s ok the provincial booster with haifu or Falco Long, you will have very spinny topspin, but improve your hip to put all the power (the legs too), by the other side blue sponge absorb more quickly the booster and forgive some lack of skills but if you hit even like a intermediate or pro, you will have a rocket of topspin.

i will post a video training with both rubbers and using tenergy 05fx and dignincs on BH.

I am not even planning to boost. Why can't I just unpack new rubber, glue it as is and enjoy playing.
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:13am

Originally posted by juanma4080 juanma4080 wrote:

I am not even planning to boost. Why can't I just unpack new rubber, glue it as is and enjoy playing.

Just do it and enjoy! 

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:28am

Yes, you can do that. Just use the neo version.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

If anyone using these rubbers has the weight for uncut sheets please share.
I read that Nittaku version is heavy and I'm curios if the DHS versions are heavy as well.

38deg 2.15 probably weighs around 66g uncut for commercial dhs h3
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:50am

If I were Igor, I'd reveal my source about soaking in mineral oil. Since few members actually doubted that statement. Anyway, if his post was harmless troll, then that would be a good time to step forward and let us know about it. 

while it is not necessary to bring nationality into any of discussion, IGnORe is persistently doing it - don't think he is harmless in most / many of his posts
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2019 at 5:44pm
BLUE SPONGE SATURATED WITH MINERAL OIL.   LAYER OF SEALANT ON THE BACKSIDE.
Originally posted by ProTT owner Mr. Nobody ProTT owner Mr. Nobody wrote:

WARNING TO ALL.
Blue sponge has limited service life. In general, its service period is shorter than orange ones, especially for those rackets that had more explosive power and experienced many pwerful strikes. In this situation, you may find air bubble appear depends on the individual experiences related to its hitting power and using frequency. Some may occur after using for 1 or 2 years, others may occur just 1 week later after he uses it. Therefore, please purchase the product according to your own situation and we will take no responsibility for anything about the bubble.
Thanks for your understanding!

fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2019 at 8:20pm
Sorry, mate. Everyone knows that all NEOs are factory tuned not just blue, comon. I have similarly looking commercial NEO orange with 8 corners :) 
Message above is normal re-seller's statement not wanting to deal with refunds.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2019 at 12:10am

BLUE SPONGE SATURATED WITH MINERAL OIL.   LAYER OF SEALANT ON THE BACKSIDE.
Originally posted by ProTT owner Mr. Nobody ProTT owner Mr. Nobody wrote:

WARNING TO ALL.
Blue sponge has limited service life. In general, its service period is shorter than orange ones, especially for those rackets that had more explosive power and experienced many pwerful strikes. In this situation, you may find air bubble appear depends on the individual experiences related to its hitting power and using frequency. Some may occur after using for 1 or 2 years, others may occur just 1 week later after he uses it. Therefore, please purchase the product according to your own situation and we will take no responsibility for anything about the bubble.
Thanks for your understanding!

Now igor is drinking mineral oil..its so funny how he thinks he knows better about boosters and ilegal rubbbers
ttforlife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttforlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 11:59pm
I've been searching all over and having a hard time finding out something.

What are the differences between Provincial blue sponge NON neo vs neo other than the tuning layer?
Is the neo sponge different or softer?
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 12:09am
no difference except tuning 
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 1:16pm
top sheet is different. ball comes off at different angle
ttforlife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttforlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

top sheet is different. ball comes off at different angle

Would you say non neo comes off at a lower angle? I've played with both and I feel like I have to hit harder / lift up more with the non neo version to get a higher arc.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 2:18pm
Is there any difference in performance between red and black coloured topsheet of hurricane 3 orange sponge with same hardness?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic