FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dignics 80

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dignics 80
    Posted: 11/11/2019 at 4:35pm
I know there was another post but it seemed to be derailed . I have been playing with it for a week now . For me it  offers the same grip and spin as D05  but has more dwell . For me the dwell offers more control . Dignics 80 also has what I consider a "normal" throw angle(med/high) compared to something like T05(high). The one thing I missed about Tenergy  05 compared to Dignics 05 was the mid distance kick  T05 has. This is where Dignics 80 is great. It offers that Tenergy 05 kick at mid distance. Comparing Dignics 80 to Tenergy 80 i never liked Tenergy 80 cause I could never spin the ball as well as Tenergy 05, Dignics 80 fixes that short coming of T80. It's almost a perfect all round rubber.  My one knock on the rubber is that it felt a little bouncy in the short game at first but after some adjustment is ok.Obviously once again it's expensive but the Dignics rubber compound holds up well enough  to try and justify lifespan  to offset the cost.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 5:11pm
what about general hardness feeling? Harder or softer than t05?
What about the sound?
Nuise View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 5:34pm
I've been using D80 on my backhand since the day it came out. While it's technically 'harder' than T05, it doesn't come across as too hard at all. 

The sound is very unique and totally different than T05. It has a fantastic biting sound and really lets you know when you played the ball properly.

I too found it to be a little too bouncy in the short game but I honestly think Dignics requires a little break in period (either that or your body readjusts to the rubber). Now I think it's great in the short game.

Almost all of the marketing material for the rubber, comparing D80 to T05 or even D05, seems to be spot on. It's slightly faster, slightly lower throw, but still offering a ton (read: more) of control. Definitely not as catapulty as T05 either. I do think that D05 and T05 have a leg up when it comes to serving however, but not by a large margin. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 5:34pm
Feels closer to T05 than D05 in terms of hardness/softness  . Dignics 80  has the softest feel topsheet of the 3 but the sponge is harder than T05. 
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 5:39pm
would you suggest to use it both wings?
Or tenergy 05 is still better for forehand? Im currently using an apolonia. I tried dignics 05 but didnt like at all, topspins from distance tend to go into the net, also it has a lack of bounce and is too hard for mortals.
Nuise View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 5:48pm
I also use an Apolonia ZLC as my main blade (D80 on BH, Hexer Power Grip SFX on FH) and I have D05 on an IF ZLC (which is the same thing as the Apolonia). Personal opinion here but I think D80 is more suited for BH play and T05 would be better for FH. I also think D05 is better for BH compared to FH.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 6:23pm
I'm using it on both sides of an Acoustic .  To me it's like T05 or a 47.5 ESN where you can use it on either side.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 8:22am
Cant wait to try Jpenmasters setup sometime next week maybe - lol

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

would you suggest to use it both wings?
Or tenergy 05 is still better for forehand? Im currently using an apolonia. I tried dignics 05 but didnt like at all, topspins from distance tend to go into the net, also it has a lack of bounce and is too hard for mortals.

Give it some time, like a couple of months. As said Nuise said below:

Originally posted by Nuise Nuise wrote:

I've been using D80 on my backhand since the day it came out. While it's technically 'harder' than T05, it doesn't come across as too hard at all. 

The sound is very unique and totally different than T05. It has a fantastic biting sound and really lets you know when you played the ball properly.

I too found it to be a little too bouncy in the short game but I honestly think Dignics requires a little break in period (either that or your body readjusts to the rubber). Now I think it's great in the short game.

Almost all of the marketing material for the rubber, comparing D80 to T05 or even D05, seems to be spot on. It's slightly faster, slightly lower throw, but still offering a ton (read: more) of control. Definitely not as catapulty as T05 either. I do think that D05 and T05 have a leg up when it comes to serving however, but not by a large margin. 

Edited by Tinykin - 11/12/2019 at 12:08pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic