Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advise needed: Best Joola rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YV13 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YV13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advise needed: Best Joola rubber
    Posted: 01/03/2020 at 10:10pm
I got Donic Appelgren Senso V2 and put DoubleFish QIGI original (which is kind of hard and semi tacky) on FH and DoubleFish Hunting Shadows 8338 on BH. I'm probab lyadvanced beginner, maybe early intermediate player. Once or twice a month I take a group class with Chinese coach and his pupils (2500- 2600 level players in US) for the last 6 month. I'm too old to train to play like a pro but I really enjoy the game and it's great cardio exercise for meCool
Coach briefly tried my set up and told me that the rubbers are not spiny enough ( I had the same feeling about them but blamed it on my mechanics). 
I tried the set up used by one of the coaches who has expensive Joola blade with Golden Tango rubbers and was blown away how spiny they are. I did my regular forehand serve with a lot of under spin wrist motion, normally with my set up ball would go closer to the end of the table with small curve medium fast but with Tangos ball was very slow, barely clear the net, very short serve, bounced really low ( less then an inch or about 2 centimeters) with extreme spin, bounce on the the table few times, fall on the floor and still was pinning for a few seconds! 
Main coach was showing me Rhyzer Pro 50 but I think it would be too much for me. 
I can get Joola rubbers at a good discount but need help deciding which once to use. 
I was reading a lot and leaning toward Golden Tango PS for my FH and Rhyzer 43 BH. I do like to topspin when I can, especially with FH but I can't yet to fine brush the ball, more like hit it through the sponge. And I'm not always have fine touch in the short game. My backhand is ok but I still can't top spin well ball when it's low. Plus I have bunch of bad habits I developed as a teenager which are proven very hard to break but I keep trying. 
Please help me with Joola rubbers. Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2020 at 1:46am
Golden Tango is the spinniest, the PS version is not quite as spinny but a definite step faster. The Rhyzer is more speed based, but still has good spin for loops.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Ingo_Ger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo_Ger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2020 at 3:08am
I would suggest Joola Zack in 1.9 for both sides. Is really cheap here in Germany.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 11:30pm
Golden Tango PS and Rhyzer 43 are both fine rubbers.  They should work well for you.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
YV13 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YV13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 7:35am
Thank you everyone for your input. I had a chance to try couple of set ups with rhyzer 48 and rhyzer pro 50. Both are very fast ( blades were too). 48 was much more bouncy and I couldn't control it at all. I really liked pro 50 though,  much more control, more linear and direct. I'm thinking now about pro 45 2 mm to make it better controllable. 
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2020 at 8:25am
often I find that the harder version of the rubber offers more control, especially on the serve return. This is due to the spong not engaging when you do slow shots or service returns. So if you like 50 I would get 50 if you go down to a sfoter it migh surprisingly have more catapult effect engaging the sponge at even slower shots/serve returns...

For instance I find Tenergy 05H to be much better for service return then regular 05. Following normal thinking that softer = more control it seems opposite especially on the service return. That is for instance the reason why Chinese players with Chinese rubbers have much better/shorter return of serve than players using tensors etc, simply because of not only tackiness but sponge is harder. Hope this helps.
YV13 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YV13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2020 at 10:43am
That is interesting observation,  thanks a lot!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by YV13 YV13 wrote:

That is interesting observation,  thanks a lot!
it should be ok as long as you are consistent with the 50 degrees in actual games and is able to general adequate spin and speed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic