Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rasanter R47 vs Hexer Powergrip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rasanter R47 vs Hexer Powergrip
    Posted: 01/08/2020 at 1:34pm
Hi, looking for a comparison of these two rubbers. Specs seem so similar to me. I'm trying to figure out how they differ from one another. Thanks.
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
Sponsored Links

Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 2:37pm
Not what you asked for, but I hope it is somewhat helpful. :)

I tried softer versions: R42 and Hexer Grip. 
Both have comparable speed. 
Grip feels firmer. 
R42 is easier to lift low ball with. 
R42 has strange unpredictable catapult. While Grip is much more predictable/linear.
Both are somewhat bouncy during Short game. 
Grip is heavier.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 2:59pm
As luck would have it, Hexer Powergrip (max) and R47 (ultramax) on an allround blade is my current setup.

R47 is a bit faster, lower arc, more linear, slightly firmer feeling.  Both spinny, but more spin with HPG in slower strokes (easier to generate spin), better top end spin for R47 on power shots.

HPG generates a lovely arc on counter topspins, but it's a short throw so can expose you to smashes/drives if you drop the ball too close to the net.

Both great rubbers IMO.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 4:01pm
Thanks, guys. I play R42 max on BH right now. I'm just looking into my next BH option. I'm considering HG, HPG, and R47 as my next choice, similar characteristics but slightly firmer.

It sounds like HG and HPG are better suited for BH?

(I might wait until new colors of rubbers come out before getting a new sheet though)
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 8:14pm
I've used Grip on BH for three weeks. I don't plan to change it, at least not until my game evolves to next level. My main gripe is the weight.  

It is not the fastest rubber but it is not slow, its speed being similar to G-1's. My first impression was that it lacks in serve quality but after practicing a little, I realized that I can generate immense spin on my BH serve with Grip.

Ingo_Ger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo_Ger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2020 at 3:10am
Hexer Powergrip and R47 are totally different rubber. The Grip/Powergrip family plays at least 2° softer than the measured hardness. The R47 really is a 47° rubber and has less catapult. The Powergrip is springy and when you're hitting hard with it, the throw angle gets flat. The R47 is a true 47 rubber with less catapult and the ball will follow your motion even when hitting hard. Speed wise, the R47 is far superior IF you have good technique and enough power from your body in your shots. If your technique is lacking in speed combined with control, the Hexers are the better choice.
Good technique, fast arm speed and "power from the ground" is mandatory for the R47. My choice for BH would be either Hexer Powergrip or I you want a rubber with thin top sheet the V47.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic