FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku quality control!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku quality control!!!
    Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:08pm
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Sponsored Links

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:21pm
I thought that a blade made in Japan and specifically by nittaku was supposed to be high quality error free and unquestionable performance. What happened? The blade played like crap so i measured it and showed 157x150 instead 156x149. So i said what the hell it is not a donic or stiga or dhs! It is holy grail nittaku. So i decided to make the handle bigger to suits the heavy head.so i prepared a timo boll fl handle and decided to change it. To my big suprise it was not even. It was like the picture showed unprofessional and disgusting. How can i play a full stroke and having confidence that the ball would go exactly where i want.i felt down and frustrated.
One thing i like to add: butterfly should charge a 1000 usd for a timo boll or mizutani for their error free unbelievable quality control, each blade they make are pure perfection. Sorry butterfly that i once said that a viscaria at 165 usd is a rip off. You really don't have any competition out there. Hat down.

Edited by Mickael - 01/24/2020 at 1:26pm
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:29pm
Note that this shitty blade costed me 165 usd from tabletennis11.com. sure they are good guys but they were screwed by nittaku. I am very angry.

Edited by Mickael - 01/24/2020 at 1:29pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 2:15pm
The router guy was glancing at the pretty girl who happened to walk by at the time, he handled it poorly Confused.

"nzoiiing!"

"oops...oh well, they won't know."

Seriously, I am confident Nittaku will replace the blade, I am almost 100% sure of it. Did you contact them? Maybe you could edit your post where you compare with other brands.

Some info about them:

Good luck!

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 3:46pm

Sorry I don't care replacing it or having my money back. I earn a lot, it is not the issue. The issue is, there are poor guys out there who spend a lot for something special and they are not getting it and I thought they should know how to buy and don't let there year of sweat and practice be ruined by a bad blade as I believe that a bad blade would make you lose confidence and make you loose matches no matter what and how much good you are.

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

The router guy was glancing at the pretty girl who happened to walk by at the time, he handled it poorly Confused.

"nzoiiing!"

"oops...oh well, they won't know."

Seriously, I am confident Nittaku will replace the blade, I am almost 100% sure of it. Did you contact them? Maybe you could edit your post where you compare with other brands.

Some info about them:

Good luck!

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 4:36pm
It doesn't sound like you want to solve a problem, but create one.  If they made a bad blade I would think they would replace it.  You seem to want to damage their reputation because of one bad blade.  If getting a bad blade makes you as angry as your posts indicate, you must have other issues.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 6:47am
I don't think it is one I think there are thousands out there. They should recall them and fix their manufacturing process.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 7:24am
i use nittaku barwell fleet, and have been using them for the past few years, loving them still
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 8:29am
Are there any blades where the handle isn't hollowed out like this?  I use Acoustic carbon which I assume is the same as this (I'm not going to take one of mine apart), and I'm very happy with them.  But it would be interesting to feel a blade that is head-light, not just evenly balanced.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Are there any blades where the handle isn't hollowed out like this?  I use Acoustic carbon which I assume is the same as this (I'm not going to take one of mine apart), and I'm very happy with them.  But it would be interesting to feel a blade that is head-light, not just evenly balanced.

Viscaria Golden handle is on the left, Viscaria handle on the right:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 10:29am
I have had Nittaku Latika once and it was impeccable. I didn't dismantled its handle, though.

fb.me/spinnier
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

I don't think it is one I think there are thousands out there. They should recall them and fix their manufacturing process.

How many blades, besides your own, have you found with this flaw?
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 5:16pm
It is not the hollow handle that is wrong but the dispoportion in the cut of the empty hollow and the head dicrepencies between the catalogue and the one I got.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 5:16pm
Nittaku have a costly cutting machine of SHINX for making the hollow slots in plywood blade. Nittaku is a Patent holder for the hollowed racket blades.

/Be happy/

https://youtu.be/iK76uKQ50Ig?t=720

Edited by igorponger - 01/25/2020 at 7:39pm
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 5:18pm
We have opened so many butterfly handles and none has disporpotions. It the first case for a non butterfly blade.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Nittaku have a costly laser cutting machine for making the shaped hollow in plywood. Nittaku is a Patent holder for the hollowed racket blades.

/Be happy/

Haha nice one are you serious. Check the photo. It is a poor handicraft.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 6:55pm

If you look closely, the left side has an asymmetric extra bit of wood compared to the right.  That is what he is complaining about.  It isn't clearly by design.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 7:52pm

ZJK-ALC is head-light.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 8:32pm
They must use a vacuum plate to hold the blades and it probably moved when routing the hole for the handle. No reason to scrap the blade when the issue isnt cosmetic since its under the handle and doest effect performance. As for the size being off 1mm. I believe the "instrument " line of blades have more hand finishing so less than 1% tolerance from spec is surely within limits for the  O.D. of the blade. Sorry you are not happy with your Violin.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 3:14am
I have two Nittaku Violin Carbon blades, one which I purchased when it was first released and one which I got more recently.
The older one measures exactly 150 x 156mm and the newer one 150.3 x 156mm.
This seems an acceptable difference and when you consider that the most common blade size is 150x157, it makes sense that they err on the side of making them slightly bigger rather than smaller.

The misaligned cut in the handle is obviously not acceptable and should not have got through quality control, but once the handle is attached it would have made it almost impossible to detect.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 6:22am
Yes the head size is bigger by 1mm x1mm. But the handle that is the component that drives all the balance at high speed and the feeling of the blade is done wrong. This is a violin carbon inner by the way.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 7:38am
HOLLOW HANDLES

https://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/manches-creux/7628

The JOOLA K4 series is the best.   The true purporse of all the hollowed handles and blades is to give you a sharp feeling in your hand.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 8:36am
Look at this joola the cut is perfect, thumbs up.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

I have two Nittaku Violin Carbon blades, one which I purchased when it was first released and one which I got more recently.
The older one measures exactly 150 x 156mm and the newer one 150.3 x 156mm.
This seems an acceptable difference and when you consider that the most common blade size is 150x157, it makes sense that they err on the side of making them slightly bigger rather than smaller.

The misaligned cut in the handle is obviously not acceptable and should not have got through quality control, but once the handle is attached it would have made it almost impossible to detect.

1mm is too much, computer controlled tools work at sub milimeter precision but I got a nittaku blade some years ago with missaligned badge..people claim that tt gear made for japanese market has better quality but is not true
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 4:08pm
Guys, if you pay a big premium for a handmade blade it will have imperfections. Get over it
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 4:11pm
CNC machines are capable of sub 1mm cuts, but that doesn't mean that a tt mfr has a CNC machine capable of making those cuts. Maybe they have a very accurate machine but choose to make cuts at a lower level of tolerance. More accuracy costs more $$$. The mfr factors the cost of operations versus what accuracy is actually needed.

They are cutting wood. Wood is a porous material that expands and contracts with humidity. Wood from one part of a tree will have slightly different properties from another part of the tree.

Add factors like these together and you will get some measure of manufacturing tolerance. Blade weights are +/- 3-4%. A sub 1% dimensional tolerance sounds reasonable for a wood tt paddle.

For comparison, if you go buy a new $500 golf driver, just about every mfr quotes a +/- 1 degree tolerance in loft/lie/face angle. If you buy a 9 degree driver, it means the club you are buying has loft of 8-10 degrees.

Edited by qpskfec - 01/26/2020 at 4:11pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

Guys, if you pay a big premium for a handmade blade it will have imperfections. Get over it

Based on three OSP blades, it will not. 

fb.me/spinnier
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 5:23pm
Given the prices they charge this is awful.  This goes beyond imperfections.  It suggests there is zero QC.

Edited by Baal - 01/26/2020 at 5:25pm
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 5:27pm
I have three acoustic carbons.  One I bought new from TT11 and two used here from different sellers. With my rubbers on they all weigh 173 gms.  And I didn't specify weights obviously since buying used.  So with my very limited data set Nittaku QC seems pretty damn good.  
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 5:28pm
That is because osp CNC mill their blade. I don't really care about hand made and prefer perfect CNC but hand made items are never identical. Humans just don't work like that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic