FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Please help :- List of largehead blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OgabanjaOdumala View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgabanjaOdumala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help :- List of largehead blades
    Posted: 02/10/2020 at 10:29pm
Can you please list all of largehead blades that you know. 
I am trying to get a couple.
I am especially looking for offensive largehead blades and don't seem to exist.

I am not looking for alternative head size as I am very comfortable with largehead. 
In fact I bought a really large Joola blade at a Paddle Palace booth at some tournament. But the rubbers were not ITTF. I don't know where I can buy large ITTF legal rubbers for the above blade.

I heard there were some Chinese blades like Sanwei but could not find any . Are there any Japanese or German blades ?

All & any listing of blades is also appreciated.

O.K.O.

Sponsored Links

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 12:08am
The joo se hyuk was offensive and large... I know it's discontinued but perhaps look for moder defender blade they ten to be large and offensive 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 12:26am
I sent a PM about the Butterfly Lindmae Special I have for sale. Those are OFF+ carbon blades with limba outer plies with a larger head.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 7:52am
Yinhe LQ-1 (more offensive) and LQ-2 (more flex) are large heads. 
I got a moderately oversized Sanwei blade from eacheng.net few years ago. The HC.4 is arylate carbon. Nice blade, but too fast for me.

Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by OgabanjaOdumala OgabanjaOdumala wrote:

Can you please list all of largehead blades that you know. 
I am trying to get a couple.
I am especially looking for offensive largehead blades and don't seem to exist.

I am not looking for alternative head size as I am very comfortable with largehead. 
In fact I bought a really large Joola blade at a Paddle Palace booth at some tournament. But the rubbers were not ITTF. I don't know where I can buy large ITTF legal rubbers for the above blade.

I heard there were some Chinese blades like Sanwei but could not find any . Are there any Japanese or German blades ?

All & any listing of blades is also appreciated.

O.K.O.

rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgabanjaOdumala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I sent a PM about the Butterfly Lindmae Special I have for sale. Those are OFF+ carbon blades with limba outer plies with a larger head.

Thanks. I PMed you back  saying I was interested but I wanted to know the exact dimensions first to see if it is really oversized

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 8:45pm
Donic has 4 large headsize blades, all with the same stamp: Waldner Legend Carbon, Persson Seven, Ovtcharov Carbospeed and Baum Esprit. They all measure 160x152mm.
I´ve already tried Persson and Ovtcharov options. Persson Seven is horrible, it´s a low cost 7-ply blade, too hard and too uncontrollable. But Carbospeed is fantastic, one of the best pure carbon blades I´ve ever tried. For my taste it is better than Primorac Carbon. Speed comes effortless and the feeling is very good for a carbon blade, due to the thick hinoki outer ply.
Nittaku Ludeack Power is another big headzise offensive blade.
Maybe I remember more blades later.
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 9:24pm
Tibhar stratus powerwood off- get a heavier one becomes off

Nittaku goriki. 100g off and expensive
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 9:39pm
butterfly liu shiwen, offensive and quick, 152×158, well under 90g

Harimoto blade, also oversized but heavier
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 3:41am
Joola Chen Defender is big, and it's not really that slow. Many defensive blades that are oversize are marked as 'defensive', but often this refers to the style NOT the speed. The JSH is a classic example of this.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by ericto ericto wrote:

Tibhar stratus powerwood off- get a heavier one becomes off

Nittaku goriki. 100g off and expensive

Goriki is expensive and while rated off is more like ALL- or Def+ (very, very slow)
nils_2010 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nils_2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 10:23am
Nittaku Ma Long 5 
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgabanjaOdumala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Donic has 4 large headsize blades, all with the same stamp: Waldner Legend Carbon, Persson Seven, Ovtcharov Carbospeed and Baum Esprit. They all measure 160x152mm.

I don't mean to be rude but many folks don't seem to understand what a largehead (or oversize) means
The largest blade I have that fits the largest available standard ITTF legal rubber sheet has a head dimension of  6.5 inches Wide (in the middle of the head across at the maximum width point)  and 7 inches in length (from top tip to throat...means not including the handle length)  

6.5 inch = 165.1 mm
7 inch  = 177.8 mm

My friend calls it a frying pan 

Of course as some of you know (and surprisingly many don't) , there is no limit to the head size in width or height as well as thickness of the blade only. ( Yes there is a limit of 4mm maximum for total rubber sheet only) . 

The Tibhar Super Large blade i bought at Paddle Palace Booth has a head dimension of  7.1 inches in width &  7.3 inches in length

7.1 inch = 180.34 mm
7.3 inch = 185.42 mm

In my original post I said Joola Super Large but it is actually Tibhar. ( However I have seen Joola Super Size also on the Internet) .  This Tibhar blade came with basement quality rubber and acts like anti-spin rubber both sides. I only have a a large pip (ITTF illegal) Dawei 388 but no manufacturer wants to give me a Super Large blade or ITTF legal rubber at that size (any rubber type)  Oh Well. 
One friend told me that is because manufacturers won't  waste their time making a custom mold or die or whatever for just one very very low level player like me

Yes some blades like  Butterfly Joo Saehyuk are largehead but they are defensive blade. Thankfully I am not a defensive player but am an attacking player.  I want at least a largehead carbon blade. None seems to exist.  

I was told of a manufacturer called Giant Dragon but they won't specify blade dimensions.  In general most manufacturers and dealers won't mention blade dimensions (Few sites like Paddle Palace do but not most others)  

I do not want a mid-size blade . I only want a large blade

Edited by OgabanjaOdumala - 02/12/2020 at 11:14pm
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 11:39pm

Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but many folks don't seem to understand what a largehead (or oversize) means
You are right, I don´t understand. Good luck on your search.
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2020 at 9:00am
Sold for autograph collectors.  187×183mm

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2020 at 9:53am

I do not want a mid-size blade . I only want a large blade

I do not want to be rude, but you may get more help if you clearly state what you are looking for. Kinda hard to read your mind.
1. Specifically say you want an offensive blade with carbon
2. Tell us what size (mm x mm) of a blade you want? Do you want a 178 x 165 blade? How small is large enough? As you are aware, there is no formal classification of blade size. I have no idea what YOU think a mid size or large size blade is. (Also know there is a limit to how large rubber sheets are sold) 
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgabanjaOdumala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2020 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

1. Specifically say you want an offensive blade with carbon
I did ...............   in my previous post ?

How small is large enough? 

As stated in my previous post 
6.5 inch = 165.1 mm
7 inch  = 177.8 mm

I have no idea what YOU think a mid size or large size blade is. (Also know there is a limit to how large rubber sheets are sold) 

Yes there is no FORMAL ITTF classification of blades but there is an informal standard. Any blade close to the size of Butterfly Joo Sehyuk for example is sort of considered largehead while Butterfly Grubba Pro is a mid-size.
There is no table that lists blades by 1 mm steps but one cannot claim a 162mm by 157 mm blade to be a largehead.
This is why I propose people start listing by both exact head and handle length dimensions and not just handle type or just head size as say mid size or compact , which causes above confusion .  It is really not that hard to take a scale & measure length and width . Even an uneducated  caveman like me can do it. 
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 2:24am
Your best bet is to contact a custom blade maker and pay them to have a special blade produced for you. I don't think you will ever find a commercially produced carbon blade of your desired size. I don't know if the Butterfly custom blade maker service is still active or easily useable, but you could possibly have made a blade with Gergely construction made to JSH size.

Valor table tennis makes very very large blades for hardbat, they might have a blade to your size preferance, but good luck finding normal rubbers that will fit. I don't think they make carbon blades of that size either but if you commission them they might reproduce one of their carbon constructions to whatever size you want.

Also JSH is definitely not a defensive blade. It is marketed as a defensive style blade but anyone who has actually used it can testify that it is certainly as fast if not faster than many popular offensive blades like Offensive S, SPW and Korbel. It might be one of the fastest options available at the respective head size, as are other defensive-marketed Butterfly blades which are actually stiff with surprising speed such as the Matsushita Pro Special and Defence 2. The classic Butterfly Defence and Defence Alpha had ridiculously large headsizes however they were truly of defensive speed. YinHe 980 is also fairly fast for being marketed as a defensive blade, as is the YinHe LQ-1 however the LQ-1 is thinner and more flexible than the 980. I also remember there is a rare blade called Nittaku Shake Defence which is Hinoki Carbon, although I believe it to be discontinued and expensive to acquire. The Andro Fibercomp has composite but the head size is only 162mm height- the Fibercomp II may have a different headsize but it does not appear to be so.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 7:21pm

7.1 inch = 180.34 mm
7.3 inch = 185.42 mm

that's not large, that's humongous. As mentioned above, custom blade makers I think would be happy to help you out. There are a couple of them in the forums here.
Drop here!
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic