Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

PLEASE REMOVE.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE REMOVE.
    Posted: 02/19/2020 at 2:56pm
PLEASE REMOVE.

Edited by jpenman - 06/13/2021 at 6:02am
Sponsored Links

fieldingy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fieldingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 5:33pm
There are differences between original and clone.

Edited by fieldingy - 02/19/2020 at 5:34pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 5:33pm
Even Butterfly can't clone their stuff with consistency......e.g. I have tried nearly 10 TB ALC  and they all felt different enough . ......I mean it is kind a useless to make a list of clones- just go to AliExpress and you'll see dozens of blades pretending to be clones of something valuable and although some of those may play decently it doesn't mean they are made from the same material as the original. No way...NO
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 10:40pm
I think he  means if you like a blade, you will have no hard time to find something close but it will never be the same so paying more for consistency is at best chimeric. I agree with a reserve: if that average difference is consistently smaller across all models within a brand, the price of that guarantee will increase for a reason, just within the blade choice, no matter the comparison with other aspects of one's game to be improved and where the money would be better used.

I did not say that Butterfly is better at it however it is true that they are better at making people think they are and they dominate that aspect of their business, they are kings in that game. 

A financially successful guy taking a lot of coaching and working to improve was trying lots of blades and rubbers and said: "Butterfly are a marketing company, not a table tennis company." I thought at first it was an empty remark but he had a point: When the products are so close to each other, what's gonna make the difference? BTY builds on that marketing based difference and reinvests parts of the return in R&D to stay ahead. That guy played with a Donic Crest OFF at the time and liked it very much compared to all the more expensive stuff had tested.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 2:31am
Originally posted by SteveMaenid SteveMaenid wrote:

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I did not say that Butterfly is better at it however it is true that they are better at making people think they are and they dominate that aspect of their business, they are kings in that game. 

In all fairness I have to say Butterfly is definitely better in terms of quality (control) , performance (consistency)  etc but only for at least an expert player (over about 1900 rating) . For others it is overpriced & is not really useful for lower level players & clones are good enough

so you thought a tenergy pro would make you feel better? if you re not 1900 how come can you say butterfly is better? you re in deep contradiction
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 8:36am
Originally posted by zoomersriseup zoomersriseup wrote:

Originally posted by SteveMaenid SteveMaenid wrote:

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

In all fairness I have to say Butterfly is definitely better in terms of quality (control) , performance (consistency)  etc but only for at least an expert player (over about 1900 rating) . For others it is overpriced & is not really useful for lower level players & clones are good enough

my man failing to develop basic critical thinking skills 

Your man doesn;t need to think when he's paying for peace of mind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic