Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rubbers durability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rubbers durability
    Posted: 12/07/2006 at 4:57pm

Right now i play with dawei inspirit on fh.

I normaly change rubber after about 4-5 weeks. Not because the rubber has started to "die" but more because im afraid that it will die soon.

I play about 5 times a week and glue everytime. I normally rub of the glue after about 2 weeks.

How long to you guys think this rubber actually will last? Maybe i change rubber more often than i have to? Maybe i cas easily use the same rubber (in this case inspirit) for 2 months????

Any comments?

\R

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Sponsored Links

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2006 at 5:03pm

every 5 weeks ouch... I would go broke ... hum I play 4-5 times a week and I glue everytime as well... and my rubbers are still fine after 5 weeks... I change them after 2-3 months...I guess it depends on the brand...from what I know chinese rubbers dont last as long as japanese/euro products...

わが青春に悔なし
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2006 at 5:07pm

Ive also heard that chinese rubbers last shorter, but ive also heard the other way around!

But the inspirit feels more like a euro\jap rouuber even though it happens to be chinese.

\R

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Balint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 10:28am

Durable: Sriver family, mendo mp, skylines, hurricanes

not: Desto f1, magna, innova premium, palio hadou, bryce, tackfire special

Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
FH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
BH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
Glue SZIKO PREMIUM SPEED ;-)
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 11:52am
It's my experience that the more "high tech" a rubber is, the less durable it becomes.  Typically the glue effect rubbers like desto are among the most fragile.  Therefore I would expect inspirit and saviga to be less durable than, say, sprungfeder.  But so far I haven't had any problems with mine.  They do get softer with use, but that just increases the glue feel.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
servio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote servio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 2:57pm
try to play with it for 3 months if you can.
but get some reserve on stock in case it really dies... which it probably won't within that 3 month, it might get a little worn but not that badly unless you glue like a pro.
who says tabletennis isnt a sport?
http://www.tabletennisdayton.com/files/47wttc-superpoints.wmv
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by mrt4 mrt4 wrote:

Ive also heard that chinese rubbers last shorter, but ive also heard the other way around!

But the inspirit feels more like a euro\jap rouuber even though it happens to be chinese.

\R

does it not say Japan under the logo? saviga does

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
crizKyr729 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crizKyr729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Balint Balint wrote:

Durable: Sriver family, mendo mp, skylines, hurricanes

not: Desto f1, magna, innova premium, palio hadou, bryce, tackfire special

how 'bout the donic gallardo series??
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 10:58pm
hey who say bryce isn't long lasting??? i can use it for quite a long time, maybe it's the reason i don't glue often???
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 8:28am
Inspirit can be lasting more than 3 months
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 10:43am
speedgluing rubber wears sheets faster. apply and removing it from the blade cause stress to the sponge and sheet, as do the organic solvents and the tension created by gluing. don't think the rubber manufacturers aren't happy about that!

chinese rubber usually lasts LONGER due to thicker topsheets. now glue buildup on some chinese sponges can become a problem, as the sponge gets more and more "resistant" to speed glue. and you have to take good care of the surface if you want it to retain it's tack though - i recommend the saran/water mist method every week with that much play.

tensor and other hi-tech rubbers usually wear FASTER due to thinner topsheets. similarly, the topsheet needs to be taken care of well, and speedgluing can wreck rubbers that weren't designed for it (F3, Plasma 380 etc).

if gluing gets banned, rubber manufacturers need to be able to have AT LEAST the same revenue stream they get now, so expect high-performance / fast wear to be the norm for many sheets.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic