Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

blade speed vs rubber speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
preemorack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preemorack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blade speed vs rubber speed
    Posted: 12/07/2006 at 5:49pm

Does anyone have any idea of the speed tradeoff between (1) blades of different speeds and (2) rubbers of different speeds. I'm thinking of switching to a faster blade with a slower rubber. In my case its a specific question of whether Bryce FX 2.1 vs Sriver G2 max is a bigger difference than Primorac Off- vs Timo Boll Spirit?

Currently on Primorac Off- with Bryce FX 2.1 unglued thinking of moving to Timo Ball Spirit with Sriver G2 max

Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2006 at 5:53pm
do you glue? if u do your current set up sounds great
preemorack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preemorack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 12:58am

thanks - I don't glue and I don't plan to

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2006 at 2:41am

sriver g2 is not great for serving. 

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 11:49pm
why not list rating and style of play when asking questions?

i'm of the opinion that blade speed matters more (meaning you can put fast rubbers on a slower blade and still have great control - but that is dependent on how "compatible" the rubber / blade and your style are).
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 4:31am
The TBS combo will be faster imo...but truthfully I don't think there's anything you can do with it that your current combo can't.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 1:56pm
My opinion, if you speedglue (which you don't) the rubber speed is of greater relevance then the blade speed. If not, the blade speed is the determening factor. Don't know about the build in speed glue effect rubbers. Never tried them, probably never will.
The holy grail
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 4:49pm

In my opinion, rubber speed plays a much bigger role in the overall speed of a racket, let me say, 30%/blade vs. 70%/rubber.

Agree?

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by PongPong PongPong wrote:

In my opinion, rubber speed plays a much bigger role in the overall speed of a racket, let me say, 30%/blade vs. 70%/rubber.

Agree?

imo you got it backwards,there not a huge difference between bryce and sriver imo,yes bryce is faster but not by much (also harder to play with without a LOT of glue).The difference between a Korbel and Schlager Carbon is BIG.

I really think the blade is the most important factor,fast rubbers on a slow blade is MUCH easier to play with than a fast blade with slow rubbers 

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic