FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Aibiss (new rubber)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Aibiss (new rubber)
    Posted: 06/19/2020 at 10:58am
Looks like an affordable D09c.  Tacky topsheet, 50 degree hardness ,$39.99 release date 6/25

Edited by jpenmaster - 06/19/2020 at 9:27pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2020 at 11:02am
Suppose to be spring sponge. 50 is harder than T05H or any Dignics.

OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2020 at 11:14am
The trend seems to be flexible blade and hard rubber...im old school and i still prefer semi-rigid blade and tenergy series. Dignics is already too hard for me, probably too hard for 90% players who think they have a weapon but would play better with an acuda S2. This rubber at 50 degree is harder than a rock. 

Edited by timoboll89 - 06/19/2020 at 11:14am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 8:52am
Hi,

Looks like an affordable D09c.  Tacky topsheet, 50 degree hardness ,$39.99 release date 6/25

Well, first; "affordable D09c" is an oxymoron, if the history of Butterfly is applicable.

Second; at that price point and that sponge hardness, my guess is that the sponge is just an old formula China-rubber-sheet-source and will perform as such, which is to say it will not play like Dignics.

Thanks.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 06/20/2020 at 8:53am
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 9:21am
Did they change the scale?  I thought tenergy sponge was 47.5 and fx 42.5.  So 50 would be harder the t05 but only a little.  Must have changed.  What is normal t05 on the scale they are using tonsay aibiss is 50°? 

This ej business is so confusing!
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Well, first; "affordable D09c" is an oxymoron, if the history of Butterfly is applicable.

Second; at that price point and that sponge hardness, my guess is that the sponge is just an old formula China-rubber-sheet-source and will perform as such, which is to say it will not play like Dignics.

Thanks.

So what, BTY fanboys will buy it in droves anyway.

Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Did they change the scale?  I thought tenergy sponge was 47.5 and fx 42.5.  So 50 would be harder the t05 but only a little.  Must have changed.  What is normal t05 on the scale they are using tonsay aibiss is 50°? 

This ej business is so confusing!

Why would Butterfly use a different scale? You basically have to add 10-11° on the scale that Butterfly uses and you get roughly the ESN hardness for the sponges.

Tenergy FX = 32° equals 42/43 on ESN
Tenergy = 36° equals 46/47 on ESN

You can do the same for Rozena; T05 Hard, Dignics etc.

So Aibiss would be roughly 60° on the "european" scale which ESN primarily uses.

Edited by Skynet - 06/20/2020 at 9:50am
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 10:23am
Butterfly's becoming the Apple of table tennis industry.
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 11:34am
For all their success, Butterfly needs help in their branding department. Tenergy was the perfect brand name. Sounds cool, and perfectly captures the spirit of the product. However, that was 12 years ago. Who is naming these recent offerings? Rozena? Dignics?? Aibiss???
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 12:21pm
Tenergy is just as much a nonsense word as the others, you just already associate it retroactively with the successful product. 
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 1:16pm
I can get it all from cobbler's shop, just for a song.
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 1:30pm
Almost tenergy was a good name as it came in with high tension and energy mixed together as well as a good product.

Dignics might make more sense in Japan

Also spinart for a tack rubber makes sense.
I'd like this to be rebranded under the Tackfire brand (take out the I) as like Tackfire for aibis and Tackfire X for the dignics would made more sense

Rozena at least sounds cool even if it's meaningless
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 1:51pm
The folks at Butterfly are going aibyssal on us, surprise!

Edited by stiltt - 06/29/2020 at 1:58pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

butterfly selliing a cheaper rubber its suspicious
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

For all their success, Butterfly needs help in their branding department. Tenergy was the perfect brand name. Sounds cool, and perfectly captures the spirit of the product. However, that was 12 years ago. Who is naming these recent offerings? Rozena? Dignics?? Aibiss???

I very much agree with you.  I still have trouble pronouncing Dignics.  I thought too that Tenergy would lead to a new Butterfly era of marketing-oriented/artistically-influenced names that reflect the sensibilities and sensitivities of the branding brilliance you see in other products of other companies.  [OK, I do admit that Corona beer didn't work out too well.]

Something similar are the Stiga shirts of the Swedish National Team.  Here is a great company with great products and a below-zero sense of fashion in their (20 or 30 year old design) shirts that have the equivalent appeal of the anachronistic Wimbledon White.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2020 at 11:35pm
Donn, as much as Like a lot of your writings, I gotta disagree with you on Stiga… their conservative styling is wearable for years and the newer stuff always connects to the previous stuff. Stiga gear is pretty much a sure-fire timeless choice for jerseys and accessories.

Fashion has too many whims.. I think Stiga really gets it.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2020 at 7:33pm
Yall should listen how japanese and chinese pronounced
Tenergy 
Xdddddd
Dignics and Lemuria was on Larc 5 years ago
Propably Aibiss is old name too.
Butterfly company has very big trouble.
Social money for players
No extra  money from customers because a lot of us enjoyed Dynaryz anD Rhyzer , Omega V And Vii, Rakza , Bluestorm, Evolution, Rasanter
V15, and Fastarc, so we will wait 2 months and they put Lemuria with old sponge and new topsheet because they need EJ money,
 they  didnt care about customers until Covid..They lying about (2 years cost us to make project of Hadraw handle) they discountined blade because they change production costs and they rebrand blade and add different thickness and add different name just because.
And they quality of blades looks worse and worse. Last good year of production was with R series...2017

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2020 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

Social money for players
No extra  money from customers because a lot of us enjoyed Dynaryz anD Rhyzer , Omega V And Vii, Rakza , Bluestorm, Evolution, Rasanter
V15, and Fastarc, so we will wait 2 months and they put Lemuria with old sponge and new topsheet because they need EJ money,
 they  didnt care about customers until Covid..They lying about (2 years cost us to make project of Hadraw handle) they discountined blade because they change production costs and they rebrand blade and add different thickness and add different name just because.
And they quality of blades looks worse and worse. Last good year of production was with R series...2017

Got proof of any of that?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 9:14am
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

Social money for players
V15, and Fastarc, 

If you could list one rubber and say bty is in trouble because everyone likes new ESN rubber X, then bty would have a problem.  

If it takes ten competing products to match yours, you have no real competition.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 11:52am

I am talking about your claims that Butterfly is in "big trouble", that they are making "no extra money", that they "lied about Hadraw", and that "quality has gotten worse since R series".

Edited by idk - 06/23/2020 at 11:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 12:17pm
Si, Hurricane blue sponge from DHS is still number one.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 12:22pm
Maybe in your opinion. Not sure how that means that Butterfly made fraudulent claims about products and are in financial distress.

Edited by idk - 06/23/2020 at 12:23pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2020 at 1:30am
I'm actually quite curious, because I'm looking for something better than the Hurricane 3 provincial orange sponge that I have for the backhand which doesn't cost a bomb like Dignics... the more spin it has the better....and it better have good short game control too!

Edited by blahness - 06/24/2020 at 1:43am
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 1:22am
Anyone tried it yet ? 
I know it should be quality rubber but just wonder how far from H3 provincial.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 2:05pm
ordered one for my TB ALC for fh

Since my h3 neo comm sheet has been boosted already few times and used for a while I’m going to compare the two.

Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Since my h3 neo comm sheet has been boosted already few times and used for a while I’m going to compare the two.

Let us know what you think! 

I'm really interested...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Let us know what you think! 

I'm really interested...

Might be awhile since NYC clubs are closed but I recently went to NJ since they are open by appt only so hopefully I’ll test it out soon.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2020 at 1:38pm
 https://imgur.com/a/aXwNTZ2

Some initial pictures
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 12:08am
My customer had already reviewed and compared this rubber with 007 pro. Sound interesting.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic