Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Aibiss (new rubber)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 7:49am
I've tried it already on my belove blade Tibhar Fortino Pro . I usually use Dianchi D rubber as my main FH rubber and 007 Pro Selected on my spare racket and I just got a sheet of Loki Arthur Asia so I can compare Aibis to them. 
Weight : Aibis > Arthur Asia > 007 pro > Dianchi 
Speed : Dianchi = Arthur Asia > Aibis = 007 pro
Spin : 007 pro > Dianchi = Arthur Asia > Aibis
Blocking : Aibis > Dianchi = Arthur Asia > 007 pro
Stability on rally from long distance : Aibis = Arthur Asia = 007 > Dianchi
Close to the table : Dianchi > 007 pro = Arthur Asia > Aibis
Compare to pro Chinese rubber in my opinion. This Aibis is only better than them in blocking and stability while counter loop rally but on fast flicking or strong spin stroke it is make me disappoint a bit compare to lower price rubber.

Edited by arteepr - 07/03/2020 at 11:08am
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by arteepr arteepr wrote:

I've tried it already on my belove blade Tibhar Fortino Pro . I usually use Dianchi D rubber as my main FH rubber and 007 Pro Selected on my spare racket so I can compare Aibis to them. 
Weight : Aibis > 007 pro > Dianchi
Speed : Dianchi > Aibis = 007 pro
Spin : 007 pro > Dianchi = Aibis
Blocking : Aibis > Dianchi > 007 pro
Stability on rally from long distance : Aibis = 007 > Dianchi
Close to the table : Dianchi > 007 pro > Aibis
Compare to pro Chinese rubber in my opinion. This Aibis is only better than them in blocking and stability while counter loop rally but on fast flicking or strong spin stroke it is make me disappoint a bit compare to lower price rubber.

Sounds like a terrible rubber lol...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 7:52am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I had first try with robot yesterday.  I'm comparing aibiss to fastarc g1 that i used the last two years, and t05/80 before.  This is on fh, I have short pips bh.  Blade is acoustic carbon outer.

You are right, most people will not like aibiss because it is so slow.  It plays just like bty says, spin of t80 with the speed of sriver.  High arc and low speed makes it really safe over net and on table.  But unless people buy wecs-gzlc blades i can't see it being popular with speed demons.

Aibiss is terrible for flat hitting.  Stupid easy to counter topspin close to the table and to receive short.  All what you would expect.  2.1 weighs 5gm more than g1.  I will buy 1.9 next time for the weight.  

Off one practice I like aibiss.  Not quite ready to sell my unopened g1s yet.  But my priority is landing many balls on the table with spin and placement.   Playing faster only gets me beat by my own pace as often as it wins.  Whereas making more opening loops and keeping  more receives short is just free points.

In a lot of ways Aibiss is like the rubber equivalent of a five-ply all wood blade.  It is not made to play from far.    You definitely give up some highlight reel potential.  And there is no magic in the rubber to cover up some faults like t05 or d05 can do.  But aibiss may help you to put the ball on the table one more time than the other guy.  
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 8:00am
Anyone tried chopping with Aibiss? 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I had first try with robot yesterday.  I'm comparing aibiss to fastarc g1 that i used the last two years, and t05/80 before.  This is on fh, I have short pips bh.  Blade is acoustic carbon outer.

You are right, most people will not like aibiss because it is so slow.  It plays just like bty says, spin of t80 with the speed of sriver.  High arc and low speed makes it really safe over net and on table.  But unless people buy wecs-gzlc blades i can't see it being popular with speed demons.

Aibiss is terrible for flat hitting.  Stupid easy to counter topspin close to the table and to receive short.  All what you would expect.  2.1 weighs 5gm more than g1.  I will buy 1.9 next time for the weight.  

Off one practice I like aibiss.  Not quite ready to sell my unopened g1s yet.  But my priority is landing many balls on the table with spin and placement.   Playing faster only gets me beat by my own pace as often as it wins.  Whereas making more opening loops and keeping  more receives short is just free points.

In a lot of ways Aibiss is like the rubber equivalent of a five-ply all wood blade.  It is not made to play from far.    You definitely give up some highlight reel potential.  And there is no magic in the rubber to cover up some faults like t05 or d05 can do.  But aibiss may help you to put the ball on the table one more time than the other guy.  
.   Interesting... Wouldn't a blue sponge hurricane 3 be much better suited for this purpose? 
-------
Viscaria

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 8:55am
i wonder why butterfly launched this rubber...
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 9:01am

In your described test above, are you sure you didn't mistakenly pick up your Hurricane 3 blue sponge racket instead?

Thanks. 
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 9:04am

.   Interesting... Wouldn't a blue sponge hurricane 3 be much better suited for this purpose? 

sound like even commercial hurricane 3 neo would be better
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 10:01am
The only blue sponge h3 i ever used was the nittaku pro turbo blue.  Except for the weight and ridiculously hard sponge the two have nothing in common.  NH3PTB was very catapulty, in an unoredictable way.  Aibiss is not like that at all.

Not having used commercial or any H3 neo I can't say if it would be better.  I like aibiss and will probably switch to it.  But as noted, I don't expect much company. For one thing I never go back from the table (or not on purpose anyway), and most people seem to love that.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 7:40pm

The only blue sponge h3 i ever used was the nittaku pro turbo blue.  Except for the weight and ridiculously hard sponge the two have nothing in common.  NH3PTB was very catapulty, in an unoredictable way.  Aibiss is not like that at all.

Not having used commercial or any H3 neo I can't say if it would be better.  I like aibiss and will probably switch to it.  But as noted, I don't expect much company. For one thing I never go back from the table (or not on purpose anyway), and most people seem to love that.
Hmm not sure about Nittaku versions. You should really give the DHS blue sponge provincial hurricane neo a try.Based on your description I think you will really like it. Very linear with huge spin.Short game control is super easy and good, and opening loops are very easy too...I use the 39 deg sponge which I think is the sweet spot for me.... 

Edited by blahness - 07/01/2020 at 7:41pm
-------
Viscaria

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2020 at 2:14am
Nobody in europe will use this rubber, i think butterfly is focusing on the asian market. 
For europe we will have the dignics fx in november or in 2021
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2020 at 2:44am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

Nobody in europe will use this rubber, i think butterfly is focusing on the asian market. 

+1Wink.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2020 at 3:19am
Based on some feedback I've seen on Chinese forums it seems that they don't like it either haha...
-------
Viscaria

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

This makes sense.  

Whatever criticisms people say about Butterfly, being bad at marketing is not usually one of them.  Aibiss may not be intended for the european market at all where
a) nobody plays chinese rubber
b) they can get you to pay €90 for dignics fx 

Perhaps Bty has noticed an uptick in Japanese players buying the Nittaku-branded DHS stuff.  That would explain the pricing if they want to have an affordable substitute for chinese rubber in the Japanese market.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2020 at 11:28am
Tried this rubber yesterday on TB ALC with brand new rozena on bh.

Nothing special in short. 

It’s hard, a little bouncy but not as bouncy as rozena. Good for blocking, pushing, mid distance looping.

I had trouble opening up against backspin but mainly due to not playing for a while and me being used to h3 neo on fh. I still think a slightly boosted h3 neo (I use commercial only) is a better performer especially against backspin but Aibiss isn’t a bad rubber.

Aibiss feel a little more alive and faster than a non boosted h3 neo. It’s still linear and direct like h3 neo but doesn’t hold the ball in the top sheet like the tacky h3 neo. 

It’s heavier than h3 neo comm version as well.

I’ll keep it, for the price to me it’s a good deal. Quality BTY rubber that will last a while and won’t need boosting. It will probably have a very linear decrease in performance over time.

I think Aibiss + Rozena combo is a great value for anyone that likes dignics/Tenergy but doesn’t want to pay premium for those rubbers. Especially if you are u2000 this combo might be all you ever need on an ALC blade.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 6:10am
i am interested in testing the aibiss because even D05 seems to be too bouncy for me. I was ready to return to old classics like Sriver but it’s definitely not spinny enough with plastic ball. Aibiss seems to make the point.
Did somebody look at the weight before cutting ?
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 7:17am
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

i am interested in testing the aibiss because even D05 seems to be too bouncy for me. I was ready to return to old classics like Sriver but it’s definitely not spinny enough with plastic ball. Aibiss seems to make the point.

Why not D09c...
-------
Viscaria

gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 7:24am
why not... but heavy too
And I am not sure I need 80€ rubber for my backhand if I don’t need speed...

Edited by gromousse - 07/09/2020 at 7:25am
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 7:24am

I didn't weigh before, but aibiss in 2.1 weighs 4 or 5 gms more cut than the fastarc g1 2.0 i had on before.  

I have a sheet of aibiss 1.9 coming Saturday, can weigh that uncut.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 7:26am
5g more, cut or uncut ? Interested in weight of 1.9 , that’ the thickness I use in backhand.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 9:29am
4 or 5 more cut.  I did not weigh the entire sheet.  I saw 4 or 5 because i am using a food scale that only does whole gms. 

I have never used a 1.9 rubber.  But having tried aibiss on many thousands of balls from a robot I see zero chance that i could ever bottom out the sponge.  Honestly I probably could have gone to 1.7.  But I don't really want the setup lighter than it was with g1, just the same.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 10:35pm
Aibiss in 1.9 weighs 75 gms with the protection sheet on.

Cut it raised the total weight of my setup by 1 gm compared to 2.0 fastarc g1.  Happy with that.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 9:00am
thank you for this news ! Wow it’s really heavy... more than a T05 2,1 whereas it’s 1.9 ... I don’t think I will try it.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 9:48am

thank you for this news ! Wow it’s really heavy... more than a T05 2,1 whereas it’s 1.9 ... I don’t think I will try it.

I think most people (including some players at a much higher level than myself) overestimate the impact of having thicker rubber on their game once the rubber is above 45 degree hardness and is 1.7mm.  But that is just me.  I don't hit the ball that hard consistently which may be why I don't get it 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 2:23pm
Sorry I did not understand very well. You think it’s good to have thicker rubber ? Or bad ?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 4:46pm

Sorry I did not understand very well. You think it’s good to have thicker rubber ? Or bad ?

I think it makes a difference only if your impact is really thick and your blade is really hard.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2020 at 8:05am
I was a pure hitter on the BH and always used 2.5 extra hard. If my timing was off, I'd go down to 1.5 to re-establish form. 
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2020 at 9:06am
i prefer soft blades. I am a topspinner.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2020 at 4:38pm
This rubber is consistently getting really poor reviews among Japanese TT channels. 

Long story short, people say it's one generation behind all the modern tensor or hybrid (tensor + tacky topsheet) rubbers. This rubber basically feels like Sriver + some tacky topsheet.

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2020 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

This rubber is consistently getting really poor reviews among Japanese TT channels. 

Long story short, people say it's one generation behind all the modern tensor or hybrid (tensor + tacky topsheet) rubbers. This rubber basically feels like Sriver + some tacky topsheet.

That's too bad.  I really like aibiss.  I guess if Bty discontinues it I'll have to try SpinArt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic