Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly bryce speed fx alternative

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly bryce speed fx alternative
    Posted: 06/25/2020 at 7:39am
Aparentelly butterfly discontinued Bryce speed fx. 
Does anybody know an alternative for this rubber.
Thank you.

Edited by adishorul - 06/25/2020 at 8:30am
Sponsored Links

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 9:13am
tenergy 05 fx
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

tenergy 05 fx

I guess you are joking. Thanks anyway!
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 11:56am
im not joking! Its the most similar
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 8:08am

im not joking! Its the most similar

I understand now you just want to troll, obviously you haven't play with both of them.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 9:57am
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

Thank you.

Maybe you should look at japanese soft sponged rubbers with no porous sponge just like Bryce Speed FX,

There's Nittaku Flyatt Soft, Stiga Calibra LT Sound, Mark V HPS Soft, TSP Agrit (this one is a bit harder compared to Bryce Speed FX), Victas VJ 07 > Limber

Edited by AMonteiro - 06/26/2020 at 9:58am
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Thank you.

Maybe you should look at japanese soft sponged rubbers with no porous sponge just like Bryce Speed FX,

...Mark V HPS Soft...

Do you know a bit more about the Mark V HPS Soft? If so, could you send me a pm and elaborate further? Unfortunately there are not too many "up-to-date" infos about this rubber out there...Thank you!

Edited by Skynet - 06/26/2020 at 2:25pm
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2020 at 5:38am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Thank you.

There's Nittaku Flyatt Soft, Stiga Calibra LT Sound, Mark V HPS Soft, TSP Agrit (this one is a bit harder compared to Bryce Speed FX), Victas VJ 07 > Limber

Thank you for your answer. I tried calibra it sound thinking is somehow the same but I was wrong the sponge is softer than speed fx and the topsheet is really different. I will search for the others options  you wrote.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 9:10am

tenergy 05 fx

If any Tenergy rubber would work you would have to look at 64 FX or 80 FX.  Not 05 FX, throw is too high, and more emphasis on spin than speed.  

If I remember correctly Bryce speed FX has a harder feel topsheet.  Among the current crop of softer feel rubber maybe a Victas V-15 Limber?  I'm not sure how the sponge compares to BS FX.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2020 at 8:28am
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

tenergy 05 fx

If any Tenergy rubber would work you would have to look at 64 FX or 80 FX.  Not 05 FX, throw is too high, and more emphasis on spin than speed.  

If I remember correctly Bryce speed FX has a harder feel topsheet.  Among the current crop of softer feel rubber maybe a Victas V-15 Limber?  I'm not sure how the sponge compares to BS FX.

Thank you for your suggestion. All the rubbers from victas limber series have 40 degree sponge being softer than about 42-43 degree in Bryce speed fx. And the topsheet of bsfx is soft if you press against the blade you can feel the pips bending.  So bsfx is a medium - medium soft sponge with soft topsheet pips underneath are short. This kind of rubber I am looking for.

Edited by adishorul - 07/02/2020 at 8:29am
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 5:53am
Any suggestions ?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 8:52am
purchase some of the remaining stock of bryce speed FX and start trying out soft, medium throw rubbers with descent speed. If you want to stay with Bfly i would start out with Tenergy 64 FX.  Tibhar FX- P, NIttaku S-1 ,Rasanter 42/37 or any other soft high speed rubber
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

purchase some of the remaining stock of bryce speed FX and start trying out soft, medium throw rubbers with descent speed. If you want to stay with Bfly i would start out with Tenergy 64 FX.  Tibhar FX- P, NIttaku S-1 ,Rasanter 42/37 or any other soft high speed rubber

Thanks for your suggestions. 
Europe doesn't have Bryce speed fx anymore.
On the second blade I already put Fastarc S1 but throw is a little bit higher than Bsfx.
I have to try T64fx.
Sadly since Dignics came out the quality of Tenergy rubbers decreased.

Edited by adishorul - 07/11/2020 at 4:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic